Recent obsession over autoers

Kill_Life

Ever since the trade limits, a lot of autoers have disappeared. Sure, there are still people who use a bot, but it's a minorty, I hope.

Anywhom, I haven't heard anyone say 'autoer' for over a year.

I've been fishing for a while now and for the past 2-3 weeks, I can't even remember the number of times I've heard someone say 'So many autoers here' 'Lol, autoers' 'Reported for autoing' recently.

The recent obsession with autoers is extremely annoying! Just because one doesn't reply, that means he's an autoer? Just because one doesn't move, that means he's an autoer? (Would be a pretty cheap program)

I guess many of them were never around when the real autoers were around.

This ends my rant.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Ive not experienced this, but I see how it could get irritating. However, I think jagex has done a good job getting rid of the majority of them, and also making the restrictions not so bad anymore.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I agree. I'm cooking in Rogue's Den and have gotten accused of autoing at least 5 times in the past few days. No one was around when autoing was an actual problem. Back in those days you couldn't find a Yew Tree without 10 level 3s huddle around it.

Well, often times it's pretty clear that someone IS autoing...

A common thing I see in Edgeville bank with people skilling goes something like this (in public chat):

John Doe: 14

<1-3 minutes pass>

<1-3 minutes pass again>

Although I do agree with you that it is wrong to accuse a private person of autoing (I myself frequently turn all chats Off and enjoy a little peace and quiet) I definitely know that botting is becoming an issue again (not as bad as it used to be, granted, but the beast is rearing it's head again :P )

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Well the amount of players who can honestly remember worlds packed with autoers is pretty small nowadays compared to those who don't. I wouldn't be surprised.

I remember the days of crappy skill interfaces and bots chopping the yew near the path to Falador.

OP: Go to a decently populated world Green Dragons in Chaos Tunnels, and then come back and tell me botting isn't still a problem.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Ever since the trade limits, a lot of autoers have disappeared. Sure, there are still people who use a bot, but it's a minorty, I hope.

Anywhom, I haven't heard anyone say 'autoer' for over a year.

I've been fishing for a while now and for the past 2-3 weeks, I can't even remember the number of times I've heard someone say 'So many autoers here' 'Lol, autoers' 'Reported for autoing' recently.

The recent obsession with autoers is extremely annoying! Just because one doesn't reply, that means he's an autoer? Just because one doesn't move, that means he's an autoer? (Would be a pretty cheap program)

I guess many of them were never around when the real autoers were around.

This ends my rant.

More often than not they're probably leechers. Very easy to tell at the fishing guild and other similar places.

A common thing I see in Edgeville bank with people skilling goes something like this (in public chat):

<1-3 minutes pass>

<1-3 minutes pass again>

Although I do agree with you that it is wrong to accuse a private person of autoing (I myself frequently turn all chats Off and enjoy a little peace and quiet) I definitely know that botting is becoming an issue again (not as bad as it used to be, granted, but the beast is rearing it's head again :P )

flawed stringing script most likely

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Only ones that directly bother me are the autotypers. None of the others really bother me that much. I don't see why you would accuse someone of autoing if they were standing still...that's the opposite of autoing.

Just as many bots now as there were in 2006. They're just better, but I still don't care.

this. And bots are good for the economy, they do a lot of the work nobody wants to do.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I care as much about bots as I care about all of the people bragging about their skill capes - not in the slightest.

I have never been accused of botting (ever), and i've played for a good part of 6 years. Even still, I wouldn't care, as I know i'm not botting, and I don't need to prove this to some stranger over the internet of which there is a 99% chance that their age exceeds their IQ.

People need to start caring less about what other people are doing, and more about what they are doing. Sure, Runescape is a community, but unlike real-life you can take the good parts, and simply omit the bad parts by using the little ignore button.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I think this is relevent to this thread:

091228185043.png

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I miss those baldies with green shorts and tan shirts. They were pretty cool :sad:

All my best skiller friends who quit after the trade changes were bots!? D:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I miss those baldies with green shorts and tan shirts. They were pretty cool :sad:

All my best skiller friends who quit after the trade changes were bots!? D:

No, they were just robots. I'm sorry for your loss.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

yea, jeez, it;s more and more difficult to auto these days with all this attention...sarcasm

btw, the botting community took a major blow, as jagex shut down ksbot, which was a paid bot (big mistake), supposedly very high quality stuff. Since, it was paid, I heard people complaining about losing thier money, oh well their fault for cheating.

OP: Please go to green dragons, then go to the yew trees, then go to the rimmington house portal, and then the grand exchange.

After that come back here, and tell me bots are not a problem.

Ok so what's the problem?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

<1-3 minutes pass>

<1-3 minutes pass again>

He's probably stringing bows.

<1-3 minutes pass>

<1-3 minutes pass again>

He's probably stringing bows.

Or maybe herblore, you need 14 vials of water or unfinished pots and 14 of the other ingredient per invent...

dungensweapers.png

yea, jeez, it;s more and more difficult to auto these days with all this attention...sarcasm

btw, the botting community took a major blow, as jagex shut down ksbot, which was a paid bot (big mistake), supposedly very high quality stuff. Since, it was paid, I heard people complaining about losing thier money, oh well their fault for cheating.

Ksbot? No such thing lol :thumbdown:

It's funny how people used to ignore the default guys running around south of Falador/Green dragons. There would be like 20 of them, and people would just walk past like it was nothing. I guess people become paranoid in times of peace.

I have been chopping ivy recently to get my wc level to 99, during that time i have been called bot like 5 times a day just because i don't answer to someone who ask my wc level or says hi when he logs just next to me, it really started to get bit annoying after few days :I

I have been chopping ivy recently to get my wc level to 99, during that time i have been called bot like 5 times a day just because i don't answer to someone who ask my wc level or says hi when he logs just next to me, it really started to get bit annoying after few days :I

That's what you get for chopping Ivy (degrading value of WC cape) instead of yews (increasing value of WC cape.)

PM me for fitocracy invite

I've been hanging around LRC in W84, and that place is a hotbed for botting. I'd assume there's some semi popular mining bot out there, I commonly see people red-barred doing this:

-running to the deposit winch after aggroing a rock creature

-staying there for a few seconds then running back out again

-getting attacked instantly by the same rock creature, running back to the winch

This happens over and over until they die, at which point their graves get instablessed and decay like 20 minutes later. I've seen this happen to someone in full melee void with a firecape, and someone in bandos with a dfs, among others.