Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Observer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to go see it in about 10 hours, exciting :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just got back, good stuff. Some bits were a bit too corny for my liking, but overall I'm happy with it!

Elighten us on the Voldy and Potty going mouldy and shoddy down the crumbled tower of doom.

Yes, I made it sound like Peeves. I should've done it in capital letters.

EDIT: feel free to add in spoiler tags, I don't mind spoiled movies.

If you mean that bit from the trailer where they jump off the cliff, what happens is. Harry grabs Voldemort and says something about dieing together (Can't exactly remember) then Voldemort does that death eater flying thing and bounces around a few building with Harry still holding onto him, then they end up in the courtyard for the final fight.

Going to go see the movie again in 20 minutes luls. I wonder why Aus gets it before America..It's usually the other way around.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I got some friends excited over this, tomorrow morning is the beginning of the end. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

K, second viewing I didn't like it as much, was a bit disappointing tbh. I went with a friend who hadn't read the books and she didn't understand bits of it, and I can understand why.

For example, the part where Harry dies, then comes back to life really wasn't explained at all in the movie, and you had to read the books to know what was going on.

Anyway, seeing it again tomorrow, third time lucky?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

K, second viewing I didn't like it as much, was a bit disappointing tbh. I went with a friend who hadn't read the books and she didn't understand bits of it, and I can understand why.

For example, the part where Harry dies, then comes back to life really wasn't explained at all in the movie, and you had to read the books to know what was going on.

You get to see it a third time before I get to even see it once. :(

How did you feel about the length of the movie? It's the shortest Harry Potter movie to date so I'm wondering if 2 hours 10min does it justice.

I didn't really feel like length was an issue. In reality, this movie has just two parts: the robbing of Gringott's and the battle of Hogwarts and both of them, in my eyes, received the time they deserved. I'm glad they didn't stretch it out like Transformers 3 did, making the final battle a demonstration of special effects and not much more.

Edit: I have to add that I saw Part 1 & 2 in succession, so perhaps the movie seems a bit longer in my mind because of that.

You get to see it a third time before I get to even see it once. :(

How did you feel about the length of the movie? It's the shortest Harry Potter movie to date so I'm wondering if 2 hours 10min does it justice.

Tbh, I would've liked it to go longer, one of the other disappointments for me was the battle scenes didn't live up to my expectations. They could have added in a lot more there. I would have even sat through part 1 & 2 joined together in one big movie, and probably enjoyed it more.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Me and some freinds are going to do a Harry Potter marathon next Tuesday, It'l clock around 17 hours it seems o_O

Also, does the scene about

[hide]Snape's real agenda make justice to the book?[/hide]

Watching it in 2D at midnight tonight :D It's proven a logistical nightmare to get up to the cinema and back at that time, had I realised I might have just watched it the next day, but I'll live :P I paid for the ticket already so... XD

Very much looking forward to seeing it. Going to watch my Part 1 DVD before I head up to the cinema :D I have a few friends cosplaying & going as a group but since I refuse point blank to watch it in 3D I can't go with them :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Me and some freinds are going to do a Harry Potter marathon next Tuesday, It'l clock around 17 hours it seems o_O

Also, does the scene about

[hide]Snape's real agenda make justice to the book?[/hide]

Yes. That scene was really touching, one of my favorite parts of the whole movie series.

Tbh, I would've liked it to go longer, one of the other disappointments for me was the battle scenes didn't live up to my expectations. They could have added in a lot more there.

I think that the non-action scenes (resurrection stone, story of Snape & King's Cross) got the attention they deserved better this way. For me, the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort was less epic than I would've liked. Falling off the tower just didn't do it for me.

I feel very satisfied with this movie and the whole series really, can't wait to have them all on dvd/b-ray. I spent this whole day just watching interviews, trailers and clips from the older movies from Youtube. It's really hard to let go of Potter, I can't imagine what it must be like for the young actors, or Mrs Rowling. They did an awesome job.

Going to go see it in about 10 hours, exciting :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just got back, good stuff. Some bits were a bit too corny for my liking, but overall I'm happy with it!

Elighten us on the Voldy and Potty going mouldy and shoddy down the crumbled tower of doom.

Yes, I made it sound like Peeves. I should've done it in capital letters.

EDIT: feel free to add in spoiler tags, I don't mind spoiled movies.

If you mean that bit from the trailer where they jump off the cliff, what happens is. Harry grabs Voldemort and says something about dieing together (Can't exactly remember) then Voldemort does that death eater flying thing and bounces around a few building with Harry still holding onto him, then they end up in the courtyard for the final fight.

Going to go see the movie again in 20 minutes luls. I wonder why Aus gets it before America..It's usually the other way around.

Kk, thought it would be something like that. Tbh, within the book, the ending was slightly fast... no epic duel between Harry and Voldemort, just two spells crashing. I preffered the Lestrange vs. Weasley fight, did that appear?

Oh yeah, and about Harry coming back to life, even within the book itself, it took me three reads through the King's Cross chapter to finally understand how the hell he came back to life, so I'm not surprised it is confusing for a person who only saw the movie.

22031_s.gif

9 hours until it starts for me. I've never been to a midnight showing, does anyone have a recommendation for how early you should be in line? I'm thinking of leaving 2 hours beforehand but I'm not sure if that's too late especially since it's the final Harry Potter movie.

Tbh, I would've liked it to go longer, one of the other disappointments for me was the battle scenes didn't live up to my expectations. They could have added in a lot more there.

I think that the non-action scenes (resurrection stone, story of Snape & King's Cross) got the attention they deserved better this way. For me, the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort was less epic than I would've liked. Falling off the tower just didn't do it for me.

I feel very satisfied with this movie and the whole series really, can't wait to have them all on dvd/b-ray. I spent this whole day just watching interviews, trailers and clips from the older movies from Youtube. It's really hard to let go of Potter, I can't imagine what it must be like for the young actors, or Mrs Rowling. They did an awesome job.

Tbh, I'm probably just disappointed because it's all over :mrgreen:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I unashamedly sobbed the whole way through The Prince's Tale. I can't even explain how heartbreaking it was. Alan Rickman is a truly incredible actor.

Overall, a really amazing end to the series. I loved it, I really loved it. I cba going into much detail, but I think it's definitely either my favourite film, or one of them!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Premiere just started for Cali about 10 min ago.

I'm proud to say I'm NOT watching :lol:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

I unashamedly sobbed the whole way through The Prince's Tale. I can't even explain how heartbreaking it was. Alan Rickman is a truly incredible actor.

100% agree with you. They really did justice to the Prince's Tale and it was one of my favourite scenes in the movie.

I was also glad to see the "Not my daughter.." line wasn't cut from the movie, although I always imagined it as more of a screaming yell and it was much to short of a scene in the movie. I think they could have easily added a little more length in the movie to give that plus several of the character deaths more justice.

Overall it was an amazing movie anyways and a great way to bring an end to the films!

After just getting back from seeing it again I enjoyed it much more, and I'm happy with it. Would have liked some characters deaths gone into a bit more detail.

I'm glad that the director didn't leave the final fight in the grand hall, really liked them running around the school fighting.

RIP Michaelangelopolous