The exact time of YOUR death...

Zibl

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but earlier this evening I was eating dinner and thought of something rather strange. It kind of made me wonder, so I figured I would ask the good people of Tip.it forums...

Would you want to know the exact time or your own death?

At first, I didn't really think it would be all that big of a question. And I automatically thought "YES!". But then I got to thinking. If I knew the day that I died, I would probably walk around with some what of a depressed feeling... knowing EXACTLY how long I had left. At the same time, it could also be beneficial to know so that you would live life like it's meant to be lived; without holding back, living it to the fullest, etc.

What are your thoughts? I'm kind of torn between the decision & I'd love to know what you guys would do if you were given the choice.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm happy not knowing and there's no reason for me to need to know :) I don't want a date hanging over me for the rest of my life.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That's what made me second guess myself. But there's still a part of me that is curious; am I going to go anytime soon, or am I going to live a long fulfilling life? I don't know... I guess it's not really a topic worthy question, but it sparked my interest to see what others would think about it.

Depends on if I could know how I would die. Because I would fight the [cabbage] out of it. Not dedicate my life to fighting it, but start fighting it when it really starts coming up.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Coincidentally, I thought about that Lenticular. I guess I thought of it in the way that you couldnt change it in any way; you just knew. I suppose if you knew, and it wasn't a natural death, you COULD technically change it. Which would bring a whole new WTF level to the question.

You're supposed to die via a car crash. So you live in the Pentagon (underground) for the rest of your life.

Immortal please?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

No, I'm too scared of dying.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You're supposed to die via a car crash. So you live in the Pentagon (underground) for the rest of your life.

Immortal please?

Tbh, I lol'ed.

If I knew when I would die, I would smoke a ton of weed and drink a ton of whiskey that day and go on a rampage.

But... Wouldn't that probably be the cause of your death? Wouldn't not doing that prolong your life?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

If I knew that that would be the only way I could die, then I would love to know. I could do a bunch of dangerous stuff without putting myself in any real harm. I would do a bunch of drugs, alcohol, maybe go on a few murderous rampages, get the death penalty, survive, proclaim I'm God, do some more drugs, etc.

But if I wouldn't be invincible, then I'd be a bit to cowardly to find out.

You know there's this episode in buffy the vampire slayer where this girl tells Buffy (shes a counselor at sunnydale high , so season 6 or 7) she's going to die, and has a vague idea as to how.

Turns out some jocks are going to make her a virgin sacrifice to summon a big demon. Buffy manages to save the day and keep the girl from getting killed, so they walk out of this side door, a crossbow left as a trap to ward off people who may crash shoots an arrow - Buffy's slayer speed lets her catch the arrow saving the girl from death. TWICE.. They leave the school, girl falls over dead, turns out she had an unknown heart condition.

Moral of the story: Your time to go, you're going.

Brought to you by Buffy The Vampire Slayer

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Immortal please?

Then one day a hundred or so years later the president takes his brand new car to the pentagon's underground parking garage, which they built because of overpopulation... :twisted:

I'd say no. I don't want to know. Couldn't enjoy anything if I did, I'd be too busy counting down.

You know there's this episode in buffy the vampire slayer where this girl tells Buffy (shes a counselor at sunnydale high , so season 6 or 7) she's going to die, and has a vague idea as to how.

Turns out some jocks are going to make her a virgin sacrifice to summon a big demon. Buffy manages to save the day and keep the girl from getting killed, so they walk out of this side door, a crossbow left as a trap to ward off people who may crash shoots an arrow - Buffy's slayer speed lets her catch the arrow saving the girl from death. TWICE.. They leave the school, girl falls over dead, turns out she had an unknown heart condition.

Tbh, i lol'ed even HARDER. But actually, it would sort of make sense. Regardless of how or when you were going to die, if it's your time it's your time... sounds like a movie I once saw...

Wtf. Final Destination anyone? DANG IT!

Tbh, i lol'ed even HARDER. But actually, it would sort of make sense. Regardless of how or when you were going to die, if it's your time it's your time... sounds like a movie I once saw...

Wtf. Final Destination anyone? DANG IT!

YOU CAN'T CHEAT DEATH!!!

But in response to what someone else said, the whole "If I knew how I was going to die, I would do all these dangerous things" idea is silly. Because clearly if you know how you're going to die, it doesn't make you immune to anything else. By that logic, you could shoot yourself in the head if you knew you were going to die of old age and still survive... as if :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

^No, logic is not applicable here because no one can tell you how you'll die regardless.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

^No, logic is not applicable here because no one can tell you how you'll die regardless.

Oh really now?

[hide=]YagamiLight.jpg[/hide]

When I was typing the last part of the hide tag I somehow typed [/die]. I don't even know how!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Sorry for all those that dont wish to know the moment of their death, but for those who do...12/21/12 !!!!! :eek:

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

If you knew how you were going to die, doing stuff that would "cheat death" like shooting yourself would nullify itself. Try not to think about it in those types terms, with so many plot holes & questionable "what if" scenarios. The main question is: would you want to know or not? If you knew that on... August 21st, 2018, at 2:13 pm you were going to die (regardless of how or why), would you want to know that or would you NOT want to know.

Assuming of course you had NO idea how or why you die, that's the question.

Reminds me of something else.

So in the deadzone (season one mid season)

Main character can see the future if he touches you. Right?

Dude gets stuck in a bank thats being robbed by a pissed off maintenance man. And every time something happens, the situation changes where he sees in the future, more people die, He manages to use his powers to where no one dies, but how? The moral of the show that was hammered since episode one is that time changes based on every little thing you do.

So if if fate said "Tripsis would die by being eaten alive by massive giant rabbits" - And she decided to go rob a bank - fate may change her death to getting shot by a security guard.

The future is never clear, never known, never certain in almost anything, even fortunes telling/ Wicca.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Yes, because until that time comes, I'd technically be indestructible, and would be able to do a lot more with my life.

I don't really care if its depressing and a date is hanging over my head like the sword of damocles, the oppurtunities to be gained by far outweigh that.

2Xeo5.png

A woman falls asleep into a deep dream. In her dream, an angel appears, and tells her that she has 44 years, 44 weeks, 44 hours and 44 minutes left to live. Convinced that her encounter was real, and excited by her long life, she goes to the doctor and receives plastic surgery. She comes out of surgery looking absolutely stunning, has an amazing recovery. A year later, she walks across the street to get a coffee and gets hit by a bus. She goes to heaven and meets God. A little upset, she says, "I thought I had 44 more years left to live!"

God takes a real hard look at her, pauses, and says, "Oops, you're right, you did. I just didn't recognize you. "

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪