The exact time of YOUR death...

Zibl

You're supposed to die via a car crash. So you live in the Pentagon (underground) for the rest of your life.

Immortal please?

Then one day a hundred or so years later the president takes his brand new car to the pentagon's underground parking garage, which they built because of overpopulation... :twisted:

Hey, I got an extra hundred years out of it, right? :thumbsup:

What would scare me is if my death time said it'd be due to nuclear explosion.

I'd probably move to my least favorite country.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass. I'm ok with not knowing.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

No, I'm happy not knowing and there's no reason for me to need to know :) I don't want a date hanging over me for the rest of my life.

This.

Besides, you should live every day like it's your last :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Reminds me of a Nickelback music video.

anyway, I wouldn't want to know when I die. I think that kind of knowledge would preoccupy my life so much that I wouldn't have any time to live it. I'd rather live on the edge like everyone else.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Reminds me of something else.

So in the deadzone (season one mid season)

Main character can see the future if he touches you. Right?

Dude gets stuck in a bank thats being robbed by a pissed off maintenance man. And every time something happens, the situation changes where he sees in the future, more people die, He manages to use his powers to where no one dies, but how? The moral of the show that was hammered since episode one is that time changes based on every little thing you do.

So if if fate said "Tripsis would die by being eaten alive by massive giant rabbits" - And she decided to go rob a bank - fate may change her death to getting shot by a security guard.

The future is never clear, never known, never certain in almost anything, even fortunes telling/ Wicca.

But wouldn't knowing the future include knowing of any minor occurances or whatever, that would "change" the future, that's now known to you?

OT: I'm not scared of death, so I'd actually like to know unlike most (all?) of you here. It wouldn't be hanging in the back of my head for every single second of every day, I'd just know when "it's due". I don't really care about the specific date, just knowing if I die when I'm 20+, 25+, 30+, 50+, 70+, 90+, etc.

Curiousity killed the cat, anyone?

No way, I really plan on passing away in my sleep and if I knew I was going to die that definately wouldn't happen :P

I just don't really see any reason why you would want to know.

Especially if I found out it was earlier rather then later, that would be so bad to find out :/

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Dude gets stuck in a bank thats being robbed by a pissed off maintenance man. And every time something happens, the situation changes where he sees in the future, more people die, He manages to use his powers to where no one dies, but how? The moral of the show that was hammered since episode one is that time changes based on every little thing you do.

So if if fate said "Tripsis would die by being eaten alive by massive giant rabbits" - And she decided to go rob a bank - fate may change her death to getting shot by a security guard.

The future is never clear, never known, never certain in almost anything, even fortunes telling/ Wicca.

But wouldn't knowing the future include knowing of any minor occurances or whatever, that would "change" the future, that's now known to you?

I think if someone showed us the future, we would probably muck it up trying to stop it or to get to the future in the first place.

For example in the second episode of dead zone. Johnny (main guy) sees a nurse at his hospital is going to be brutally murdered by a local killer who only kills women.. He panics and calls her, and she runs to her house through her yard because she hears the phone, had she of not run and walked, she would of been attacked by the killer, but because she managed to "avoid death" - The killer then went and found someone else to brutally murder.

So even if you can cheat death for yourself, someone else could easily die in your place.

I don't feel Death is something that can be predicted, or tamed.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I think if someone showed us the future, we would probably muck it up trying to stop it or to get to the future in the first place.

For example in the second episode of dead zone. Johnny (main guy) sees a nurse at his hospital is going to be brutally murdered by a local killer who only kills women.. He panics and calls her, and she runs to her house through her yard because she hears the phone, had she of not run and walked, she would of been attacked by the killer, but because she managed to "avoid death" - The killer then went and found someone else to brutally murder.

So even if you can cheat death for yourself, someone else could easily die in your place.

I don't feel Death is something that can be predicted, or tamed.

Thing is, wouldn't predicting the future, show what would happen if I tried to stop it aswell? Or if the future is set, and I predicted the future, wouldn't changing it be impossible in the first place, because the future already holds in itself what I'd do, and what would the causes of that be?

And I don't think death is something that can be predicted or tamed either, it's just hypothetical situations we're discussing.

and thats exactly how youd die.

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

You're supposed to die via a car crash. So you live in the Pentagon (underground) for the rest of your life.

Immortal please?

God will send rays of lazer cars.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

and thats exactly how youd die.

Exactly my point. If you're going to die via nuclear explosions, do you want to die in a city of friends or a city of enemies?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I would want to know. My goal in life is to accomplish something big, something that helps people, something that influences a lot of people in a positive way.

My current plan is to get a career going before I worry about my life goal. If I could find out when I am going to die, it would let me know if I needed to start achieving my goal sooner than expected.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

It depend on what year is my death and how I die.

If giving short years: Go out and do whatever I want and huff raid and die. Depressed and being emo.

If giving long years: Try living to the fullest, I guess...

Would you want to know the exact time or your own death? Yes.

*Joke* 2012 will pwn us all anyway, so... race y'all to the 2012 bunker.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I would be kind of apathetic to knowing to be honest. I'm going to die anyway, my knowing or not of exactly when should not effect the way I live.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Yes. And I buy masses of insurance directly before I was due to go. My family would thank me, and if I had chidlren by then, they'd be set.

(I'm talking as much insurance as I can legally get.)

[/hide]

Yes. And I buy masses of insurance directly before I was due to go. My family would thank me, and if I had chidlren by then, they'd be set.

You know you're going to die 30 years from now, so 29 and a half years from now, you buy all the life insurance you legally can. Your family, tempted by greed, then kills you to collect on life insurance. Unfortunately for them, the ruse is discovered and they wind up in prison.

This almost feels like corrupt-a-wish...

You know you're going to die 30 years from now, so 29 and a half years from now, you buy all the life insurance you legally can. Your family, tempted by greed, then kills you to collect on life insurance. Unfortunately for them, the ruse is discovered and they wind up in prison.

This almost feels like corrupt-a-wish...

Why would I tell them?

If anything, I'd tell them this: Here, if I live another full year, then go ahead and kill me, but if you kill me earlier than that, then I'll haunt you forever.

[/hide]

I don't know that I'd necessarily want to know when I die, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I think that once a person has fully accepted that they are about to die, they can go into it calmly and resolutely. Like the band on the Titanic.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I don't know that I'd necessarily want to know when I die, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I think that once a person has fully accepted that they are about to die, they can go into it calmly and resolutely. Like the band on the Titanic.

Or they'll do all the crazy stuff they would never have been able to do when they were living because there won't be any (earthly, for those of you that believe in life after death) consequences if thy die at the end of it. Less quiet acceptance and more world's largest party, probably.

Or they'll do all the crazy stuff they would never have been able to do when they were living because there won't be any (earthly, for those of you that believe in life after death) consequences if thy die at the end of it. Less quiet acceptance and more world's largest party, probably.

Like I said, if they did that, that would probably be the cause of their death.

"I'm going to die in 2 hours?!"

*Goes on a rampage*

Gets shot by cops 2 hours later.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg