Do you care about your rank?

Leoo

When playing RuneScape, do you ever care or think about your rank on the hiscores? This could be your overall rank or a rank in a specific skill/activity.

I do not play RuneScape for the ranks. I play gradually when means my rank gradually improves and I'm not fussed about my rank at all nor do I care about what other people think of my rank. Another example is people who train to 200m exp in a skill. I have respect for them to having such goals and achievements but the thought of myself training a skill to 200m exp for no use other than respect or giving yourself the sense of completing the game gives me a headach just thinking about all of those days playing just to get a good rank. I would never play the game more than I have to and I'd be happy to train my skills to 99 and 120 for Dungeoneering as there is a use to train at that level. I wouldn't continue to train the skill just for the ranks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not play runescape for ranks because I don't see a point, I'm happy with myself so why should I judge myself on other people.

[Falador tavern]

I used to back in the day. When I got 99 firemaking I tried to keep above the 4k mark. But didnt last very long. Only thing I care about is my total xp and thats about it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I keep track of my ranks, but my ranks are mostly results of me having fun playing this game. For example, I love slaying, that's why I kept slaying after I got 99. Eventually I gained a very respectful 1230 rank in that skill. Even though a goal of mine is to eventually reach rank 1000 in that skill, it does not conduct my gameplay and I imagine that playing the gmae the way I do will make me reach that "goal".

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I've never really cared too much about ranks as i was getting most of my skills up to 99, as i was more bothered doing it in the most efficient way. Now, when most of my skills are already 99 and i don't have any enjoyable skills left to do, it makes sense to train the skills you like even though you have already maxed them out and are gaining ranks along with experience no matter what. Also it's quite nice to have effigie drops now as it allows for people that don't like certain skills to train them while doing what they actually like doing.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I play for levels not necessarily ranks, although if I'm near the top 1000 in a skill I would probably go for it. I don't really care about ranks enough to train specifically for them although it's always nice to boast about having a nice rank for a certain skill. It is getting harder to get a high rank these days so it is getting a lot more respectable which is probably why people go for ranks.

i go for ranks, once i start getting 99s ill realy enjoy it because when you go from 99 in a skill to 13.1 xp ur rank usualy halves, unless its a combat or money skill..in which case it still drops dramaticly

i mostly care about overall rank, i always try to gain every day so that i know im doing better than an average player my lvl, were if i drop ranks one day thats bad

i currently try dropping 1k ranks per week, rank 26k right now and once i reach about 15k ill try dropping 500 per week, 250 per week by 10k etc

a_final_name.png

summoning rank, sides that not really lol

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I don't generally play for ranks. Except for my cooking rank, which awhile ago I managed to keep under #500. The best rank I've ever obtained was back in RSC with 90 firemaking. I think #89 or #88.

What I am interested about is XP vs Level. A goal I hold is to significantly increase my total xp while gaining not as many levels. Naturally, that involves raising the XP and therefore rank of the stats already maxed out. And if I trained dungeoneering, it would only increase the XP i needed to gain to get top rank, detrimentally affecting the plan. So as long as this goal stands, I will stay level 1 Dung. :cool:

dontfearthereaper2.png

It's nice to get a few ranks as a byproduct of my gameplay, but I don't focus on them solely. A perfect example of this is Summoning. I got 99 in early 09, and continue to collect Charms from my PVM activities such as killing TDs. I had a very nice rank below 300 once, but chose to use the Bonus Exp Weekend to work on my non 99 skills like Herblore, Smithing, and Crafting. My rank is now a still very nice 576, and I will continue to collect Charm drops. However, you'll never find me at Rock Lobsters or Waterfiends with the intention of getting as many Crimsons as I can again. Another example is Farming, I still do Herb Runs for the money, but will never do another Tree run for exp. A third example is Herblore. Super Prayers are untradable, and require me to make them. I will however, sell most of my Herbs and buy the tradable potions I need.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

nope. just the matter of reaching the highest level possible is what counts.

I did not accumulate 78M Attack on purpose, I managed to do a [cabbage]load of camping/pvp which got me that high.

I used too, but I got banned and now I just play from time to time for a little bit of fun. It's really a lot better to play that way in my opinion, I was spending a lot of my free time to be better than a bunch of people I would never meet. It really killed the game for me.

Yep, rank 630 fm and I have 150 banked in brawlers and have every intent to use them.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Barely. It's not as much as caring what other think, but more about being bored. If I have nothing else to do, I'll just grab a few logs and start burning them at the ge or edge. Once I find something to do I'll stop and go it.

mostorganized2.jpg

4cbc39f2_e406_2d21.gif

Ranks were a nice motivation for me when training Runecrafting, and trying to get below 500 was nice motivation when trying to get 20M experience, but other than that I really didn't keep track of ranks much. I do train for levels, but ranks aren't overall motivation now other than a nice thing to see decreasing. :)

i used to be happy to gain some ranks in the strength skill while gathering charms at waterfiends. it was just something to keep me interested i guess.

i play a lot of mobilising armies, i have like 1200 rank, placed 18th or so on the highscores. i make a small amount of money, i have some friends who play it, and i like to help newbies out with it. being on the front page made me happy.

minigames/ activities are a bit different though i guess, since there aren't exactly levels, or a point to begin with except some of the rewards.

fishing.gif

I watch ranks if I enjoy the skill, lately I've been aiming for levels but I'm sure once I finish up my current goals ill go back to ranks in fishing, ect.

Low_C.png

Not at all, I play rarely for friends now and if I'm online I don't usually do anything for xp, I just stand around the G.E :grin:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I'd really like to be in the top 100k overall again. Before I started college, I played year round and had a rank somewhere around 60,000. I've had trouble keeping up with new skills and stuff the last 3 years and fell behind a lot. Either way, it's not really my goal in the game, just something that would make me feel more like I accomplished something with the game.

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Not really. Playing for ranks just adds stress/pressure I don't need. I play for levels and doing quests.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one