Do you care about your rank?

Leoo

I don't really care about ranks, I just play the game the way I want to.

If I were to get a 99 though, I WILL train it past 99 because so many people stop at that point. 15m exp in a skill is probably my stopping point.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only my attack rank :D the other skills can fall to whatever rank :mrgreen:

Edit: seems I posted 3 months ago o_O oh well, I've gained many mills of xp since then, will have 100m attack xp sometime early next year

2vuhgcn.png

I didn't really care before I got 99's. However, after I got 99 summoning, I ended up at rank 590, and now I'm kinda keen on staying under rank 1000 (rank 1100+ atm, but I've got 3m+ summoning xp banked). Same goes for herblore, I used to be under rank 2k.

I didn't really care for ranks when I played, except for woodcutting, as it was my favourite skill, so I'd like it to be as high as I could make it, but I didn't go to any "unnecessary" lengths to get it up; I simply trained the skill every once in awhile.

As for total/overall rank, I've never really cared for it, but I did enjoy seeing it climb as I trained skills.

Personally, ranks aren't a priority in my training or experience of game play. That being said, I still do generally glance at my ranks and over all. Not necessarily the individual xp and what they are at but more the overall level. I try to stay in the 6.3k range if I can. However, that is only on my "main" account. When it comes to my 'skiller' or 'pker' I don't even bother looking.

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

Sometimes.

But, its alot harder nowadays.

Wish I had alot of my old ranks.

60 agility, 300ish strength , 400 overall.

Takes some serious no-lifing nowadays to get there.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I like seeing my rank rise... but it's not my focal point. I quit for 6-ish months and came back with a 125k total rank... now I'm at 70k. I like to level all my skills somewhat equally by setting goals like 70+ all, 80+ all, etc. so I guess that helps my rank... Almost 2k total right now, I'm pumped. Bought 95 in a few easy skills (Cook, Fm, Fletch) just because I like raising my total level. I don't really plan on training them past 95 though... I'd like my first cape to be Herb. :thumbup:

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

I really couldn't care less for what rank I am on the Hiscores, in my opinion it's really not worth bothering about because if you start properly becoming competitive your real life would just slowly disintegrate until Runescape becomes your life lol. Personally i'm not a big skiller at all. It's pretty stubborn of me, but nowadays I only train a skill if I absolutely have to or if it will aid me in a combat situation. Besides, if I skilled alot I wouldn't have a decent combat level :o

TRImage.gif

Jagex Community Cup Winners 2010

I like being in the top, but after 99, unless I enjoy it, I won't try too hard.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I care about my rank, but only in comparison to a friend. We've always had around the same total level, then I went inactive for ~5months and he got a little ahead. Thats one rank I wouldn't mind working back towards getting, a rank closer to that friend's.

Neltak.png

I don't care about mine because skilling isn't my thing, but I'd be very interested if they had a ranking of richest players. I'm sure most people who work hard on a skill like to compare themselves to others, especially those who like skilling competitions.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

When i was mining from October 2009 to Febuary 2010 i managed to get from 13Mil Mining xp to 53Mil, my aim was to get on the mining front page, and was my only motivation lol. I managed to get rank 16 in mining, then i got bored after 50Mil so i've temporarily quit. I don't play the game for ranks but currently i am going for 200Mil Fishing xp and it would be pretty nice to make it to the front page by the time i've gotten 200Mil, I have 20Mil Fishing xp at the moment.

Ejaz.png

Ejaz.png