Level 4(elite) clue scroll discussion.

xpx

xpx, maybe I didn't catch it, but you should note somewhere that those clue times are the absolute minimums, because most people can't do a level 3 clue in 10 or even 20 minutes.

Emote clues kind of ruined the experience for me although I still do clues. I just hope that these new clues won't require a lot of items that people would probably own only for clues.

I'm thinking any daily monster is going to drop level 4, so why not put the Jade Vine on the list as well? It's decently powerful for its level, and requires a fairly difficult quest to reach.

Also, Revenants. Definitely the Knights and Dragons.

It would be neat if, as someone else said a bit earlier here, rarely-visited monsters could drop them as well, but that's purely wishful thinking. If you need an example, I'd say the spawns of Lesser Demons in the Legends Quest dungeon, or the Shaikahan that roams the Karamja jungle.

As far as rewards go, I hope they release trimming pieces for Dragon armor and Amulets of Fury, and possibly a "Ranger Boot killer".

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they might just have the daily/weekly monsters drop them. Otherwise people could just camp monsters and it wouldn't really be "elite" now would it.

bork and skelly horor have been confirmed.

I can see jad and living rock patriarch droping them as well. Maby phoenix but other then that theres not really many monsters that can only be done daily or weekly.

It would be nice if they added clues to other d and d's as well. Chance of getting an elite clue from an elder evil tree or a high level star might get me interested in those d and d's again.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'm leaning towards the idea of having only "boss" oriented monster drop the scroll. This includes monsters like chaos ele, KQ, KBD, GW bosses etc. but

then other possibilities could include steel and iron drags or other high levels that aren't bosses who could be candidates for scroll drops.

As for the untradable suggestion, No. TT rewards should only exist for the purpose of making money regardless if they want the items or not.

I would really hate to find an extremely rare item and then find out its untradable when it could be sold for millions of cash.

I'm thinking any daily monster is going to drop level 4, so why not put the Jade Vine on the list as well? It's decently powerful for its level, and requires a fairly difficult quest to reach.

The jade vine doesn't drop anything.

Eternis.png

In the update it mentioned that all clues would have a clue item in the reward, or I misread something in the BTS.

I think this will keep the prices of the new rewards in check, and perhaps lower the prices of the older ones.

Shadow_Latio.png

MY RSN IS Shadow latio

My Xbox gamertag is Wat Is Aim

Currently on back on RS :D.

There's just too many variables that weren't mentioned in detail enough to speculate about this at all.

I think you are forgetting that jagex is always more or less predictable, thus allowing us to make educated guesses about the upcoming update and be certain atleast half of it can be true though i agree that they have been quiet about this.

As for camping monsters, i agree that it would be tough if DK's or TD's would drop them, it would just be another added bonus to a place that really doesn't need that. However, i do think mithril dragons and KBD-s should drop them as the drops right now aren't rewarding enough. High level revenants would make sense as droppers as they can hardly be camped, i even though they could revive some old minigames with these, like being able to get these clues from silver key chests.

Untradeable rewards wouldn't really be anything jagex'esque.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Level 4 clues should be seperated from bosses. Why should boss hunters get both clues and rares?

That's a rhetorical question... right? :mellow:

No kidding. I fell out of my chair when I read that.

Heres hoping TT items crash.

I hope so. Ranger Boots have been way to over-inflated since the PVP updates in 2008.

In the update it mentioned that all clues would have a clue item in the reward, or I misread something in the BTS.

I think this will keep the prices of the new rewards in check, and perhaps lower the prices of the older ones.

Yep, basically instead of getting say "Rune platebody, black dragonhide chaps and firelighters" you'll get those + a TT based item, like Black cavalier, robin hat etc.

Popoto.~<3

The jade vine doesn't drop anything.

Neither does Jaddy but he's on the speculative list. :)

2dgucz6.png

What's the list, all boss monsters?

Why do boss hunters get the biggest part of the cake lately always?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

What's the list, all boss monsters?

Why do boss hunters get the biggest part of the cake lately always?

Errm, the new clues will be, by their design, a boss monster drop, and as far as clue scrolls go(higher level scroll from a higher level monster) it makes sense for it to be like this, and though i speculated about them being dropped by some campable monsters, it's not likely as these scrolls are meant to be the rarest and the hardest yet released. It's quite like the effigie update- every level 3 skiller recieved only a small portion of the update, but as the game is significantly combat based, this is ok.

Another boarderline possible way to introduce these clues would be to make them dropped by daemonheim boss monsters- the harder the monster the better chance of recieving a clue, with elite scrolls only coming from 5:5 large f30+ dungeons, would make daeminheim bosses more worthwhile.

lvl 1 clue scrolls : green d'hide and black armor

lvl 2 clue scrolls : green d'hide and adamant armor

lvl 3 clue scrolls : black d'hide and rune armor

Any ideas what will be the 'base' drop of the lvl 4 scrolls?

Discuss plz :thumbup:

I'm voting for Dragon as the base drop for elite clue scrolls. Helms and plates would of course be some of the rarest drops, and longswords/daggers etc pretty common.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

lvl 1 clue scrolls : green d'hide and black armor

lvl 2 clue scrolls : green d'hide and adamant armor

lvl 3 clue scrolls : black d'hide and rune armor

Any ideas what will be the 'base' drop of the lvl 4 scrolls?

Discuss plz :thumbup:

Rare items from the previous levels of clue scrolls? The level 4 clues would have to be very rare though. :P
imagangster.png

I'm voting for Dragon as the base drop for elite clue scrolls. Helms and plates would of course be some of the rarest drops, and longswords/daggers etc pretty common.

maybe but I would think they wouldn't skip over granite, possibly a granite (T) set? As for the price of TT items crashing I really hope they do (RARE ITEMS SOULDN'T BE USED AS CURRENCY) it really only makes the high ticket items cost more when people hoard them.

on another note who knows how hard this "guthix" wizzy will be as guthix is the most powerful god. Sara wizzys use mage and melee so would the guthix wiz use range also?

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

let's hope that more than extremely high leveled monsters drop them. That would be somewhat unfair to avid Treasure Trailers, especially if those people are of lower levels.

There's different types of Treasure Trails. If you're low level, you may not be able to get the highest ones. What's wrong with that? High combat level doesn't come automatically.

A_Kekek.png

let's hope that more than extremely high leveled monsters drop them. That would be somewhat unfair to avid Treasure Trailers, especially if those people are of lower levels.

Hopefully they'll have high level thieving, etc ways to get level fours as well.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Hopefully they'll have high level thieving, etc ways to get level fours as well.

That's right, forgot you can thieve for clues, as well. ;)

That's right, forgot you can thieve for clues, as well. ;)

The problem with thieving is that the only level at which something like this could be obtained at would be 99, and still be very rare at that, with sufficient risk involved(maybe pharoh spectre like) and still those low levels would have to face level 150+ guthix wizard that would even need preparation for maxed people. I doubt these clues are meant to be completed by low levels.

Also, if you really are a tresure trail enthusiast, how can you not be high leveled? Doing an enormous amount of level one clues really doesn't make you an expert, and to obtain clues now at any rate you need to be good at combat.

As for the common droplist of level 4 clues, that really is an interesting question, dragon weapons that are buyable from stores would make sense, but dragon armor drops shouldn't be too common from them. A fury(t) is very likely, some new rings would also be welcome.