10-Aug-10 A Void Dance

Toad

Quest was fun and easy and I have to say one of my favorites.

I lied, killed the humans and let the pest go..... What can be more fun then that. :P

Note: Omali has me worried with all that rage he has going on. :ohnoes:

I love the lie you tell him :P Something about light reflecting of a planet and causing a disturbance in his cellar XD Was funner the way it was worded ingame.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quest was fun and easy and I have to say one of my favorites.

I lied, killed the humans and let the pest go..... What can be more fun then that. :P

Note: Omali has me worried with all that rage he has going on. :ohnoes:

I love the lie you tell him :P Something about light reflecting of a planet and causing a disturbance in his cellar XD Was funner the way it was worded ingame.

Men in Black

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I've been talking to a few friends about who this mysterious mage could be that the Pest mentioned at the end of the quest and the ideas we got were either: Solus (from Wanted!), Surok Magis or Lucien (probably quite a long shot). Jagex did say that "an old enemy will return" in this quest series and with the involvement of the White Knights and that the Mage's plans seem to involve Falador it seems more likely it's Solus. Anyone else have any ideas?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I've been talking to a few friends about who this mysterious mage could be that the Pest mentioned at the end of the quest and the ideas we got were either: Solus (from Wanted!), Surok Magis or Lucien (probably quite a long shot). Jagex did say that "an old enemy will return" in this quest series and with the involvement of the White Knights and that the Mage's plans seem to involve Falador it seems more likely it's Solus. Anyone else have any ideas?

I agree on Solus. I doubt Surok and Lucien because it technically causes a bit of continuity issues, I was initially thinking it was going to be Sliske, to tie in the last major Mahjarrat and that with this quest and the next one to follow it would reveal him pulling some strings in previous plot lines, however the involvement with the Black Knights somewhat dispels that, and also the fact the it's meant to be an 'old enemy' too.

Solus definitely fits in, especially with the Black Knight connections along with the Temple Knights being linked. It was said at the start of this quest they were looking into their own business to be able to initally help.

Although I wouldn't be surprised Jagex pull a twist on us and it'll end up being someone completely different, but for now, I'll agree on Solus.

Could very well be Mother Mallum.

Afterall we are working with Temple Knights and given past few quests I'm sure she rather hates them by now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just noticed something

A Void Dance

Avoidance

:o

Mind= Blown haha

Looks like another fairly pointless mid-level quest to me, any good rewards?

Having fun.

Gosh Danz, way to troll. Some people do quests for story, others for the rewards, yet others for the cape, whilst still others do them only for fun. THE WHOLE DAMN POINT OF RS IS FUN. Just some have fun getting rewards off quests so they don't have to train that particular skill.

Not everyone has fun doing quests designed for noobs.

After being told this numerous times in numerous topics, I'd have thought this would have sunk through even your skull.

If I wanted fun, I'd be solo graador, or TDS, or doing something with SoDB, not be stuck doing a quest designed for the average level 90.

That being said, I expect to do this quest, not because I expect it to be the "most fun" thing I could be doing in RS, but because I normally do quests on release day, to keep cape current.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I just noticed something

A Void Dance

Avoidance

Mind= Blown haha

Having fun.

Gosh Danz, way to troll. Some people do quests for story, others for the rewards, yet others for the cape, whilst still others do them only for fun. THE WHOLE DAMN POINT OF RS IS FUN. Just some have fun getting rewards off quests so they don't have to train that particular skill.

After being told this numerous times in numerous topics, I'd have thought this would have sunk through even your skull.

If I wanted fun, I'd be solo graador, or TDS, or doing something with SoDB, not be stuck doing a quest designed for the average level 90.

That being said, I expect to do this quest, not because I expect it to be the "most fun" thing I could be doing in RS, but because I normally do quests on release day, to keep cape current.

Yeah!

I only enjoy hard quests made for hardcore players like myself!

I just noticed something

A Void Dance

Avoidance

Mind= Blown haha

Having fun.

Yeah!

I only enjoy hard quests made for hardcore players like myself!

Way to read, (and comprehend) what I said, or rather, fail to.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Anyway, for all we know, he could be posing as the guy who mentored that lab student. Not many other people actually knew about the void leech and it seemed like most of this was planned in advance.

8f14270694.jpg

Gotta say, this series is my fav so far

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Just out of interest, did anybody actually decide to put the void leech down? I didn't have the heart to do it, even if it was crippled.

P.S. Is it me, or are these plots getting darker?

Yes. No sooner do I get married to a beautiful island princess, and she gets killed. I think we would of had a good life together, her dad could be a little strange however. So, if you mean getting darker as in having you spouse killed, yes, much darker.

There seems to be a lot of the Cartwright Curse lately.

bonanza.jpg

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Didn't Solus already die?

The only thing we have left of him is his hat...

He may be dead, but he's still an underling of Lucien so being dead doesn't mean that much.

How so?

Yes Lucien can summon skeletons and zombies aka mindless, souless bodies; no proof he can restore the dead to a fully living function state though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

He may be dead, but he's still an underling of Lucien so being dead doesn't mean that much.

How so?

Yes Lucien can summon skeletons and zombies aka mindless, souless bodies; no proof he can restore the dead to a fully living function state though.

I can't see his powers straying too far from Zemouregal, he brought back Arrav who still has some mental capacity. If he can do advanced summoning techniques to bring forth demons and put them in a permanent state of torture I think he can summon an undead version of someone and maintain their mind.

Although I still reckon there'll be a twist and it'll end up being someone else but he seems plausible so far with the test on Falador and the surrounding area first, and some links to the Black Knights.

How so?

I can't see his powers straying too far from Zemouregal, he brought back Arrav who still has some mental capacity. If he can do advanced summoning techniques to bring forth demons and put them in a permanent state of torture I think he can summon an undead version of someone and maintain their mind.

Although I still reckon there'll be a twist and it'll end up being someone else but he seems plausible so far with the test on Falador and the surrounding area first, and some links to the Black Knights.

True but each mahjaratt so far has shown different powers. And theres books etc that do suggest they each have different talents.

So I am unsure if Lucien would hold such powers, by all account his powers were in command and persuasion (hence you require the armadyl amulet to be able to defy him) where as Zemergoul was always based in necromancy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just out of interest, did anybody actually decide to put the void leech down? I didn't have the heart to do it, even if it was crippled.

P.S. Is it me, or are these plots getting darker?

Yes. No sooner do I get married to a beautiful island princess, and she gets killed. I think we would of had a good life together, her dad could be a little strange however. So, if you mean getting darker as in having you spouse killed, yes, much darker.

There seems to be a lot of the Cartwright Curse lately.

About to go to sleep and I find a TVTropes link. Thanks for ruining my life :rolleyes:

How so?

True but each mahjaratt so far has shown different powers. And theres books etc that do suggest they each have different talents.

So I am unsure if Lucien would hold such powers, by all account his powers were in command and persuasion (hence you require the armadyl amulet to be able to defy him) where as Zemergoul was always based in necromancy.

Aye that's true, but I still can't rule it out just yet, Jagex are certainly keeping the cards close to their chests on who this person is, so I'm just desperately trying to solve it :lol:

Just wish I could remember more wizards or similar characters who we've been involved with before, I just don't want to assume it'll be someone from the Wizards Tower.

Yes Solus Dellagar, thats it! (Yea I'm a total Temple Knight nerd, I remember his full name =)) It fits, and I have another piece of evidence on the matter:

Requirements to start "Quiet before the Swarm":

Imp Catcher

Wanted! <-----------<--------<----------<-----<-----

Level 42 Strength

Level 35 Attack

Completed at least one game of Pest Control

Wanted!!, the quest that introduces Solus Dellagar is a requirement for the first Void knights quest!

On a related note, the Imp Catcher quest is also required, making me think that the second "old enemy" will be the evil wizard in the Wizards tower, Wizard Crayzag or whatever.

Although I do also seem to remember us killing Solus in this quest. But I'm sure one of his other powers is disillusionment =)

Bringing him into the third Void Knight quest would be a total win as far as I'm concerned ;) I'm genuinely pumped for the 3rd quest now, so I'm sure it can do nothing but disappoint =/

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Yes Solus Dellagar, thats it! (Yea I'm a total Temple Knight nerd, I remember his full name =)) It fits, and I have another piece of evidence on the matter:

Requirements to start "Quiet before the Swarm":

Imp Catcher

Wanted! <-----------<--------<----------<-----<-----

Level 42 Strength

Level 35 Attack

Completed at least one game of Pest Control

Wanted!!, the quest that introduces Solus Dellagar is a requirement for the first Void knights quest!

On a related note, the Imp Catcher quest is also required, making me think that the second "old enemy" will be the evil wizard in the Wizards tower, Wizard Crayzag or whatever.

Although I do also seem to remember us killing Solus in this quest. But I'm sure one of his other powers is disillusionment =)

Bringing him into the third Void Knight quest would be a total win as far as I'm concerned ;) I'm genuinely pumped for the 3rd quest now, so I'm sure it can do nothing but disappoint =/

Don't you need Wanted! for the commorb you use in the quest?