Minecraft General

demby123

Hogwarts.png

Still working on it. once i finish the exterior of the main castles i still have to make a ton of dungeons.. Diagon alley... Quiditch Pitch... Forbidden Forrest.. train..chamber of secrets... and the whole [bleep]ing interior of it all down to detail. I'd say i'll have 100's of hours poured into this.

Low_C.png

Attack so it disappears and hopefully you'll be sweet :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

HogwartsExterior1.png

HogwartsExterior2.png

HogwartsExterior3.png

All this is on the Diamondseekers server which is currently running 1.0.0 Bukkit with essentials. To boost activity on the server i'm offering whitelisting to new members who submit their minecraft names on the Diamondseekers thread.

This Hogwarts build is about 50% of the way done if you only count the castle.

Low_C.png

That castle looks like a mamouth project. Very cool.

The exterior of the castle looks complete, but how much of the interior do you plan on doing? I assume you are going to try to reproduce most of the stuff seen in the movies?

That castle looks like a mamouth project. Very cool.

The exterior of the castle looks complete, but how much of the interior do you plan on doing? I assume you are going to try to reproduce most of the stuff seen in the movies?

Still quite a bit of refining for the outside not to mention landscaping and the quiditch pitch. I'd say i'm at about 75% done on the outside. As for the inside of the castle the Great Hall is 40% done. The grand stair is 75% done and everything else is 0%. I want to make the castle somewhat accurate as well as I want everything varied and not boring. When people walk through it i want people to be impressed and feel like they're on a journey. I plan on spending a ton of time on the interior and when it's done this build will have atleast 100+ hours invested.

I've gotten the entrances ready for the Dungeon but It's going to be a massive project considering I want very cool Kitchins and the potions rooms and Slytherin House. I also want a seperate area for the Chamber of Secrets which will be accessed via a tunnel from a bathroom somewhere in the castle.

Low_C.png

If you wanted to make the floating candles in the great hall, you can use MCedit to make torches float. But you probably don't want to, so whatever floats your boat. :)

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Haha, no that's not me actually. It's a very similar texture pack though, but that is the gist of what I'm doing...city-form. :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just two pictures for today:

1) The Imperial Senate

[hide]14940567.jpg[/hide]

2) The Imperial Forum

[hide]16461534.jpg[/hide]

I finished the Forum (political center) area and covering the hole under the Arena a bit...I'm working on a download right now, so expect it to be ready and downloadable in the next few days!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Joined on a Aussie server, ITS MASSIVE.

Setup my home IN a full sized mountain, carved the whole thing out. I have a mass forest on top to collect wood, plenty of ores and stones, underground farm, full potion lab, nether system, and there's a closed-in ravine running underneath which I've set a huge mine system through it. Best part is unless someone goes plowing thru the mountain, no one will find it, making it immensely safe. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Taking a break from my castle. I've scraped the maze, finished the roof, added a glass underwater glass tunnel hatch that will lead to a nether rock fort on a mountionous pillar. I am never builinding another underwater tunnel again. Had to build it as a solid 5x5 from the outside, then hollow out the 3x3 interior to get rid of the water.

In the hopes that one day I will get to defend one of my bunkers from a real mob attack, I have put a roof over a valley/pit I found, and am building a small bunker into the wall on one side. Having some fun creating security zones, so that when a creeper hopefully blows up a wall or two, I don't have mobs charging up the staircase after me (this would be more fun if there was a mob with the kind of ai to organize an attack). Also thinking about laying down a self destruct in the bottom level to take out some mobs, and then seal it off with a piston door. I suspect I'll probably manage to destroy it, and then I'll build something a bit better.

And once I am done fooling around with that little project, I want to return to improving the mountain complex I built. I want to make it bigger for starters, but I also want to install either concealable exterior lighting (so that I can hide it to help mobs spawn at night, then light them up to help me shoot them from the camouflaging sniper nests. But since that might be bulky or ugly, I will probably make it a gridwork of redstone torches I can turn on and off. Lights not as good, but it will look a lot better I think.

And after all that is done, there is large valley on the other side of the mountain range I built the bunker inside of. I've already built a little bit in there, but its hardly been started yet.

AtlantisDowntown.png

Start of the downtown district of Atlantis. 3 people working on it currently. I've built the 2 buildings on the left and did all the glass and digging. Only the glass and digging down below water was done using worldedit. Rest is creative block by block.

The server is open to all atm at diamondseekers.dyndns.org. To build you must be ranked by an admin.

Low_C.png

Res, how do you have a hardcore server? Is it just set to hard?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg