19-Aug-10 Dungeoneering � The Occult Floors

Toad

Just noticed that the new ring will replace zerker, so gf dking for money. I guess it will be useful at tds and bandos though.

Zerker (i) is still useful

i imagine some intense pvpers will do a zerker/spec switch

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any new on primal spear and primal platebody?

I don't see the fuss about the ring of vigour, it clearly says 10% reduction of any melee special attack.

10% reduction of 50% is 45% -> not 3 specials in pvp...

Smithing ring is a huge cost reduction.

Herblore ring doesn't seem worth it.

well, you thought that the smithing and herblore rewards were rings, so i'm not sure i'd say your interpretation of the ring description was bulletproof.

10% of 50 is 5 pretty darn sure

and 50 - 5...

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

Just noticed that the new ring will replace zerker, so gf dking for money. I guess it will be useful at tds and bandos though.

if it's a 10% subtraction, i'll use it at tds and switch back to zerk for normal attacks

edit: well how would you word a description that meant dragon dagger spec would turn to 15%, claws to 40%, etc? both interpretation are completely valid, due to the fact that special attacks use up 'percentages' of the bar. if it were measured in special attack points there would be no problem, but when i say minus 10%, it's unclear if that means ten percent of the cost of a special attack, or ten 'percentage units'

fishing.gif

Pretty obvious for Ring of Vigour, I thought it was kind of obvious from the description >.>

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

it's ten percent of the percent of the special attack bar that the special attack costs.

IE, ring of vigour sucks

AS THEY CLEARLY STATED

some people should learn the difference of percent and percent units

gf all safe pvp is ruined-ranters

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

edit: well how would you word a description that meant dragon dagger spec would turn to 15%, claws to 40%, etc? both interpretation are completely valid, due to the fact that special attacks use up 'percentages' of the bar. if it were measured in special attack points there would be no problem, but when i say minus 10%, it's unclear if that means ten percent of the cost of a special attack, or ten 'percentage units'

and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%

and reduces the cost of any melee special attack bar by 10%

-> not too hard to describe it in both ways. They could have messed this up though, but seems unlikely. :razz:

AS THEY CLEARLY STATED

some people should learn the difference of percent and percent units

gf all safe pvp is ruined-ranters

Some people like to rant and are good at finding stuff to rant about. Even imaginary stuff. :razz:

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

SAFE PVP IS NOW OFFICIALLY BROKEN

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

I guess it's a good thing the rest of us graduated first grade math.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Mod Hulme

Just to clarify something, the KB is being edited to state special attack, not just melee special.

So for example you can get two magic bow special attacks off wearing this ring in rapid stance. blk.gif

Quick find code: 15-16-394-61532942

Hameigh.png

if it's a 10% subtraction, i'll use it at tds and switch back to zerk for normal attacks

and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%

and reduces the cost of any melee special attack bar by 10%

-> not too hard to describe it in both ways. They could have messed this up though, but seems unlikely. :razz:

i didn't know you could even have a melee special attack bar

well, if they didn't release those other three rewards because they weren't good enough... they must have been awful

fishing.gif

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

SAFE PVP IS NOW OFFICIALLY BROKEN

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

I guess it's a good thing the rest of us graduated first grade math.

i didn't want to have to do this, but i will camp this thread until i pass out if sseli or i get any more crap about this...

if special attacks were to cost "sp points", this could have all been avoided. a 10% reduction of the cost of a special attack would then obviously mean that the special attack would cost .9 * the sp point cost of the attack.

however, we measure special attacks in percent of the full special attack bar. so when you say percent, it's ambiguous.

fishing.gif

i didn't know you could even have a melee special attack bar

"Special attacks are activated by the player by clicking on the special attack bar under the Combat Options interface."

Source: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Special_attacks

You learn something new every day. :wink:

well, if they didn't release those other three rewards because they weren't good enough... they must have been awful

True lol.

Smelly, can you spoil the mechanic of the bosses >.>

Ye, can you? How? :razz:

i still do not see the word "melee" between the words "the" and "special"

fishing.gif

Smelly, can you spoil the mechanic of the bosses >.>

Which one? :P

All of them? :(

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Is there a primal 2 h?

Not that i've seen, haven't had "Gravecreeper" and also skeletal trio MAY drop more than one loot

ouche.png

He's an awkward boss if he pulls you in he heals, and you're stunned for a good 15 seconds, he's nomad all over again :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png