19-Aug-10 Dungeoneering � The Occult Floors

Toad

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lep, you are raging a bit too hard, just a tad.

Oh? Do you actually LIKE this update? It brought absolutely nothing to the game except 12 more floors which basically just have different graphics.

I was looking through my costume room in my house and stumbled across this at the bottom of my toybox...

investigatorstuff.png

Does anyone know what they are/how to get them? I think they were a hidden in this update but I'm not sure, it's not like i look in my toy box straight after every update :P

jogus99.png

Oh? Do you actually LIKE this update? It brought absolutely nothing to the game except 12 more floors which basically just have different graphics.

Honestly, I'm not sure if you're trolling or serious...

Are you saying you hate it?

I honestly cannot comment on it because I have not played it before, the rewards are disappointing to me, I will admit that. However the amount of nerd rage you have just shown in that one post is not proportional to the update. Is a good update according to my friends, but not great, but it is definitely not terrible.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

How am I trolling? This is probably the biggest let down I've ever seen. Name 1 thing that was brought to the game that's actually new.

The ranged prayer, the scroll of efficiency and the Herbinator or whatever seems very usefull.

I might do some maths if i's worth getting the scroll to smith mith platebodies instead of smelting gold, but i'll definatly get the herbinator, and when i get higher ranged i will get the new prayer.

I was looking through my costume room in my house and stumbled across this at the bottom of my toybox...

investigatorstuff.png

Does anyone know what they are/how to get them? I think they were a hidden in this update but I'm not sure, it's not like i look in my toy box straight after every update :P

Toy box contains all the holiday event stuff, what upcoming holiday has something to do with such items? :huh:

anyone else notice we're missing three rewards from the original eight promised in bts? Including that Eye of the warrior thing.

Mod Emilee said that they decided against the three combat rings because they didn't work very well or something.

@Jofrek: I think Jagex are planning another one of those events like the Thanksgiving one last year so they could be from that. Nice find :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

investigatorstuff.png

Toy box contains all the holiday event stuff, what upcoming holiday has something to do with such items? :huh:

Maybe something to do with the cryptic clue fest or whatever it was called. We did already get a magnifying glass :shades:

How am I trolling? This is probably the biggest let down I've ever seen. Name 1 thing that was brought to the game that's actually new.

Lets not bring another flame war here. PLEEeeeaassse... :unsure:

It brought lots to dungeoneering as a skill... The rewards are a bit disappointing, yes, but I have no doubt that there will be epic new rewards when they add floors 48-60.

I don't think we'll guarantee the next batch of floors for awhile. It took like 4 months for 36-47....

Honestly, if you're maxed combat which almost all people are that train dungeoneering to 80+, none of these rewards are worthwhile whatsoever. One of the worst updates I've ever seen. Plus, only 5 rewards anyway? Wtf is with that? Should be WAY more than 5. And none above 80 omfg JaGeX are just idiots ffs.

I just got a random box without a lamp option - is that new?

It was quiz master wasnt it? He doesnt give one. There might be others that dont aswell.

He does give one, but i have yet to figure out what part is bugged, not getting one or do getting one.

Out of all the quiz randoms i have received 1 lamp so far :P

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

The music interface now has a search feature so you can easily find the tracks you're after, which should be useful when you're creating a playlist or simply looking for those tracks you've just unlocked.

kudos to you Jagex :thumbup:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Not really, the scrolls of life/efficiency are very useful, really though no matter how you look at it this update is certainly not terrible. I think lep is just trolling right now.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Honestly, if you're maxed combat which almost all people are that train dungeoneering to 80+, none of these rewards are worthwhile whatsoever. One of the worst updates I've ever seen. Plus, only 5 rewards anyway? Wtf is with that? Should be WAY more than 5. And none above 80 omfg JaGeX are just idiots ffs.

Very true. The rewards were, imo, EXTREMELY disappointing.

Magic Box: TOTALLY worthless.

Herbicide: Great, so I get like 5 extra xp for every guam drop? Don't tell me it's going to "add up eventually". Collecting 1gp spawns adds up eventually, so go try to buy an Elysian by doing that.

Scroll of Efficiency: Would be decent if it worked for Superheat Item, but from how I read it, it doesn't. Ok sure a few f2p'ers can have fun with it, but no one with 80+ dungeoneering or even 69+ dungeoneering is going to bother.

Ring of Vigour: Sounded good, but that was just Jagex's ambiguity at work

Scroll of Rigour: Ok MAYBE, but not for THAT cost

The new floors I like, since it includes new challenges and are fun, and the extra xp is welcome. But the rewards? Disappointing.

investigatorstuff.png

Maybe something to do with the cryptic clue fest or whatever it was called. We did already get a magnifying glass :shades:

That is what I thought too... Here's hoping, last years cryptic clue fest was fun :)

Oh, and those three are directly under the magnifyning glass in the toy box which sorta implies they are a set.

jogus99.png

I knew it, I [bleep]ing knew it. JaGeX is such a POS company it's undescribable by any human language. They increased the floors to level 93 and NONE - NONE of the rewards are above level 70 when the FIRST batch was 80. Not to mention EVERY reward sucks MEGA ass. Oh and where the hell is "the eye of the warrior" which was promised by JaGeX and was probably the ONLY rewards that wouldn't have sucked. I really just feel like quitting this POS game right now. Wtf was even the POINT of these new floors when no rewards are gotten from them? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Gona have to agree. Only good rewards seem to be MAYBE the vigor ring and herbicide, although they cost too much. Was hoping for new ways to get weapons back, possibly upgrades you can add onto weapons, etc.

However, the new floors are AMAZING looking, and the increased xp is FTW. Just gona be a pain in the ass to rush f1-30 or w/e.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Blastbox - [developmentally delayed]ed. Why not all elemental spells? Useless for members.

Herbacide - Okay, WTF are they thinking? Countless people have suggested a herb bag, but you want us to destroy our precious herbs for a tiny little sliver of experience? This is only useful for players who are so filthy rich that they don't want to pick up herbs anymore.

The box is Intended to be used by F2p, it even mentions it in the update article "Free players can learn a technique to become more efficient at smithing and charge special boxes with spells to cast", it's sorta like the gravite weapons and Longbow sight. Nice for f2p, useless to P2p

Also, about the Herbacide. Did you miss the part about you being able to choose which herbs it burns? I would love to have it. I'd have it burn Guam, marrentill and tarromin. It doesn't automatically burn every herb drop.

Herbicide: Great, so I get like 5 extra xp for every guam drop? Don't tell me it's going to "add up eventually". Collecting 1gp spawns adds up eventually, so go try to buy an Elysian by doing that.

You'd only set it to burn quams? No wonder you think it's useless. If you're like me who likes to pick up every herb to clean for xp, this is an AMAZING item, aberant spectre tasks will require so much less clicking now, AND I'll get a little more experience from it. That WILL add up fast on a lot of herb dropping tasks.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

wow all of us are like flame happy nowadays

Anyway, time to get a chaotic staff, CLS! idk maybe FKS and EEKS

and lol @ the ring is 10% of cost not 10% spec bar

THANK GOD SAFE PVP ISNT BROKEN

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but... The magic box takes in chaos, death, and elemental runes, meaning that even if you don't use those particular spells, it will still carry those 6 types or runes.... 3 of which are components of fire surge- thus, does this potentially mean... 2 inv spot fire surges? :shades: That'd be awesome(and very useful).

The ring of vigour seems quite useless, normal berserker dps is likely higher for anything lower than level 500 without spec restores, and berserker(i) is better than it full stop. Sure, it will be fun to use 2 msb specs again or even 2 zammy bow specs/2 sara bow specs for healing, but it doesn't seem to worthwhile.

Scroll of efficiency is beastly- smithing rune at 2,5k bars an hour, the scroll would save you 125 bars, 2,4m an hour.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.