19-Aug-10 Dungeoneering � The Occult Floors

Toad

Dbow is 55 spec lol, would be 47.5 with ring.

Pretty sure it was changed to 65% a while back...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who dismiss the Primal chainbody: It's really quite a considerable alternative.

Primal Chianbody

Defence Defence bonus Defence

Stab Slash Crush Magic Ranged Summoning

+125 +172 +272 -3 +138 0

Promethium Platebody

Defence Defence bonus Defence

Stab Slash Crush Magic Ranged Summoning

+223 +207 +122 -6 +226 0

Not many enemies stab in dungeoneering, with the excpetion of forgotten warriors (and if they're high enough level to do that kind of damage, you typically pray anyway).

The only real loss of power is in the ranged defense. However i find it perfectly acceptable to trade the crush bonus with the ranged bonus.

Besides, primal's hawt. :)

Also, on the topic of the Necrolord, it's really simple to kill the skeletons. They spawn like 2-4 at a time, have 200 lifepoints, and next to no defense. You can typically 1-hit them. :P

I am pretty excited to get back into some dungeoneering with this update. Sucks that I have quite a bit of work to do... hmm soon...

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Thats a very small group to make a reward for.

I don't see what your point was. Dangerous PvP worlds were catering to a very small group of people, but you don't see people complaining about that. Oh sure, this item has other uses as well, but as a clanmember, that's the absolute first thing that springs to mind.

Firstly, I made an assumption in my post that you meant clan wars. As you said castle wars. Since you removed your own post from the quote train, I feel as if that error should be preserved. So since my point was unclear, allow me to elaborate. You are absolutely correct, Clan and Castle wars are quite popular. Really popular. But this item has very very little p2p potential. You're original post is unclear, but it appeals to a very small Castle Wars audience. Really. Very small. But let's forget all that, let's assume I wasn't being sarcastic about your error. Let's assume you meant Clan Wars, firstly, since you're in a clan you should know that gear is not the most important thing. The most important thing has to be strategy and communication. Saving two inventory spots won't mean much if you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But yes, if you're at the highest level, then gear becomes important. Now, since the blastbox mainly appeals to f2p players, as I doubt that most low level members have over 400,000 dungeoneering experience, we're going to rule out p2p users. That still leaves the large group of f2p players. That large group is cut in half by the dungeoneering requirement. Probably more, but we'll be generous.You migh say that that leaves a lot of people! Well... Not really. You see, at the time of writing roughly 37,500 people have over 400,000 dungeoneering experience. Let's, once again, be generous and say that 10,000 of those are f2p. We'll be generous again and say 5,000 play clan wars actively. We'll be generous once more and say that half of them actively mage during castle wars. We're left with 2,500 people. Those 2,500 people most likely, since they actively play clan wars and use magic, have invested in the Tome Of Frost. Which requires 430,000 dungeoneering experience. So, in conclusion, the people who do use mage actively and love f2p clan wars, well they're going to need to get 400,000 more dungeoneering experience. They've probably spent theirs. I doubt that they will expend the effort for such a minimal gain. Or in other words...

That's a very small group to make a reward for.

Original Quote:

Wars in castlewars. Invent space is precious, and people will put lots of time into even the smallest bonuses. Safe CWA is all about the advantage in gear and organization.

Off topic: as of the 7 of october 2009, the dark bow does use 65% of the special bar, because recover specials made it scary.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I don't see what your point was. Dangerous PvP worlds were catering to a very small group of people, but you don't see people complaining about that. Oh sure, this item has other uses as well, but as a clanmember, that's the absolute first thing that springs to mind.

Firstly, I made an assumption in my post that you meant clan wars. As you said castle wars. Since you removed your own post from the quote train, I feel as if that error should be preserved.

I didn't remove it to 'hide' it? I don't like quote trains. And I know you knew I was talking about CWA. Mentioning Dangerous PvP (as in pvp worlds?) was a point of comparison of how Jagex often makes small updates (or big ones!) to cater to a small majority. Now, surely that didn't require an essay to reply to, so what are you even arguing about?

I doubt that they will expend the effort for such a minimal gain.

Shows how very little you know about clans.

hzvjpwS.gif

There is a rumour going around that chaotic crossbow has been changed to 120 ranged attack from 100. I am skeptical... but does anyone here have one and care to confirm or deny?

It has.

Could someone please confirm what new items have been released from the new bosses/floors? Is the primal platebody available now? I have seen a primal chainbody but nothing else so far

Thanks in advance :D

2vuhgcn.png

Is it just me or is most of the new music glitched?

Also: just noticed that my objective tab message changed from "you will be a master of slayer and could wear the skillcape" to "you will be able to slay stalkers within Daemonheim". What this means, I could not say.

Eternis.png

Could someone please confirm what new items have been released from the new bosses/floors? Is the primal platebody available now? I have seen a primal chainbody but nothing else so far

Thanks in advance :D

Platebody is not released yet. All the new items were listed on the first few pages.

Also: just noticed that my objective tab message changed from "you will be a master of slayer and could wear the skillcape" to "you will be able to slay stalkers within Daemonheim". What this means, I could not say.

Music randomly stops playing for me inside daemonehim. Also, I encountered a glitch where I stayed in a dungeon after the party voted to move on and I got the exp for the dungeon normally, as well as half the exp for exiting the now glitched dungeon.

ZMFg2.jpg

Hmm, I haven't logged out and it's mysteriously changed back...

Eternis.png

I was looking through my costume room in my house and stumbled across this at the bottom of my toybox...

investigatorstuff.png

Does anyone know what they are/how to get them? I think they were a hidden in this update but I'm not sure, it's not like i look in my toy box straight after every update :P

Can confirm those have never been in the game before this update. Never seen 'em before either

I got a good idea what those are for. Probably for the new Court Cases that Jagex been talking about. Looks a bit like the C.S.I Uniforms :shades:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

So how hard are the occult floor bosses?

So far what I know:

- Skeletal Trio - each protects against their weakness (skeletal mage protects range, and vice versa)

- Runebound Behemoth - has triple prayers activated, you need to deactivate a lodestone to deactivate a prayer

- Necrolord - unreachable with melee. Also summons undead that blocks your path.

- Yk'Lagor the Thunderous - the mages must be killed to a certain point until Yk'Lagor is freed, hide behind pillars to avoid 1-hit ko attacks.

Not sure about the gravecreeper and Flesh-spoiler Haasgenahk, can anyone elaborate on those?

(I really need members now...)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So how hard are the occult floor bosses?

So far what I know:

- Skeletal Trio - each protects against their weakness (skeletal mage protects range, and vice versa)

- Runebound Behemoth - has triple prayers activated, you need to deactivate a lodestone to deactivate a prayer

- Necrolord - unreachable with melee. Also summons undead that blocks your path.

- Yk'Lagor the Thunderous - the mages must be killed to a certain point until Yk'Lagor is freed, hide behind pillars to avoid 1-hit ko attacks.

Not sure about the gravecreeper and Flesh-spoiler Haasgenahk, can anyone elaborate on those?

(I really need members now...)

Runewikia already has decent info if you're interested ;-)

There is a rumour going around that chaotic crossbow has been changed to 120 ranged attack from 100. I am skeptical... but does anyone here have one and care to confirm or deny?

It has.

The question is does that make it worth it now?

Probably yes, +30 range is a lot if you consider people paying 16m for +5 more range from ranger boots.

Its mostly useful for arma I guess.

2dvjurb.png

[hide]

I was looking through my costume room in my house and stumbled across this at the bottom of my toybox...

investigatorstuff.png

Does anyone know what they are/how to get them? I think they were a hidden in this update but I'm not sure, it's not like i look in my toy box straight after every update :P

Can confirm those have never been in the game before this update. Never seen 'em before either

I got a good idea what those are for. Probably for the new Court Cases that Jagex been talking about. Looks a bit like the C.S.I Uniforms :shades:

[/hide]

Hmm my guess is all the pages you find in daemonheim, combined.

And thanks Ismibeg for the reply :D a shame we still don't have the primal platebody o_O

2vuhgcn.png

It has.

The question is does that make it worth it now?

Probably yes, +30 range is a lot if you consider people paying 16m for +5 more range from ranger boots.

Its mostly useful for arma I guess.

I'm going to buy one, incredible bonuses, I think they increased it because when Dragon crossbow comes out chaotic simply wouldnt cut it at +100

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My 99 Magic objective changes regularly from Celestial to the Magic Skillcape, and it's done that for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't worry about it. :smile:

It periodically switches the reward from that level. I had 75 fm object. First thing it showed was, "You will be able to burn evil magic trees." but after a while, it changed to "You will be able to burn magic logs."

Bassy beat me to it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Firstly, I made an assumption in my post that you meant clan wars. As you said castle wars. Since you removed your own post from the quote train, I feel as if that error should be preserved.

I didn't remove it to 'hide' it? I don't like quote trains. And I know you knew I was talking about CWA. Mentioning Dangerous PvP (as in pvp worlds?) was a point of comparison of how Jagex often makes small updates (or big ones!) to cater to a small majority. Now, surely that didn't require an essay to reply to, so what are you even arguing about?

I doubt that they will expend the effort for such a minimal gain.

Shows how very little you know about clans.

I never said you hid it, but I added it to preserve the error. My original post was sarcastically mocking your error. I'm not arguing about anything, its my opinion that its a small group to make an update, I don't know why that gets you all hot and bothered. I never said that I didn't feel the same way about dangerous pvp. I know a fair amount about clans, enough to say that the active-free-to-play-maging-clan wars-dungeoneering crowd really doesn't care that much. Also, I think its a bit childish to say I wrote an essay. It took 7 minutes and the runescape high scores to type up. Essays take much much longer. I did it to show the logic behind my belief. I'm not commenting on any other update. Just this one. I don't care if you love this update, I don't. I think it's a stupid reward, you don't. Is it that hard to see that we have different opinions? Asking me what my point is stupid, this is a discussion forum. I posted my opinion of the update, you then said whats your point? I clarified my point, and now I'm obviously trying argue, I'm not. You asked me elaborate, I did. What's your point?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

+30 range is definitely worth getting.

Morrigan's top & bottom, ranger boots, and archer(i) have a collective bonus of +26 compared to Dhide, snakeskin, and no ring.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Is for me too. Which sucks because I love dungeoneering music. :P

-

Also to get this out there, you supposedly have to hold the magical blastbox in the shield spot for it to use the runes in the box.

Heard they are making a wave/surge box too.