19-Aug-10 Dungeoneering � The Occult Floors

Toad

Didn't think to take pictures at the time, but I have some information on some new rooms/puzzles.

Poltergeist

Skills involved:

Herblore, Prayer, Thieving, Firemaking

Read the tomb, requires prayer. Whatever herb is said in the text take from the patch. 'Consecrate' the herb then add it to one of the burners, you will need to do this four times. Light all four burners and then right click to open the tomb (thieving).

Sliding Puzzle

Skills involved: Not sure but I think just magic as it is telekinesis.

Your basic 9 square sliding puzzle, forms a circle, the symbol for the occult floors.

Pond Skaters

Skills involved: Fishing

Items involved: Fly fishing rod

Basically you just need to get the key off one, pretty easy to do.

5 Tile Ferret Room

Skills involved: Don't think there are any, if so I'd assume hunter.

There are 5 different coloured ferrets and 5 corresponding tiles, your aim is to get the right ferret on the right tile, just scare then in the direction you want them to go, can get annoying but be persistent.

Broken Bridge

Skills involved: Mining and I think crafting

Mine from the 'Mining rock' and then repair the bridge, pretty simple.

4 Coloured flying books

Skills involved: Don't think there are any

There are four bookcases that can rotate in different ways and for different coloured bookcases, yellow, red, green and blue. When two book cases face each other they while pass books mid air. Each moving bookcase will be in line with a coloured one, your aim is to get the right coloured book passed from another moving case to the correct one. Then face it towards the coloured bookcase to let it shoot there. Once you have done this for all the books the room will open.

bookroom1.png

bookroom2.png

In this pic you can see the yellow shelf in the background and the yellow book being past across, the next step is to rotate the shelf on the right so that it is facing the yellow shelf, and voilà! One down.

Thats all for now, I'll add more as I get to it. Sorry for the lack of pictures, hope this helps though :)

4sDIn.png

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was this along with the past dung update the completion of dungeoneering batch 2?? (just curious)

There are still Warped Floors left to come which Jagex originally said would be in batch 2, although they seem to have said this week's update was batch 2. So I guess in Jagex's opinion, yes this was the completion of batch 2.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Based on the graphical direction Jagex went with the occult floors, I'm kind of excited to see what warped floors. I wonder if they'll take "warped" literally and abandon some of the previous generic squares for weirder shaped rooms.

Non-euclidean geometry!?

287b5w.jpg

Two point shall not form a line in Jagex's world.

Just for the record, from what I've read, the blastbox works with charges, where 1 chaos and 2 air are a charge in bolt mode and 1 death and 3 air are a charge in blast mode. That leads to fire blast and fire bolt costing 1 less air per cast. It also has a +5 magic attack and defence bonus. Personally, I think that unless you are really strapped for two extra inventory spaces, or can't afford the extra 14 coins per cast (less if you actually use a staff of air as airs are more expensive than fires) I would stick with the tome of frost for the extra magic attack bonus.

tl;dr blastbox saves 1 air for fire bolt and fire blast.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

After the occult floor update, free players still gets an experience cap provided their combat is over 90.

Seriously Jagex, why don't you actually play a 5:5 large in free play, with tier 5 items and 100+ combat monsters? With tier 11 items in members and 47 prestige, I suspect that members can complete their dungeons way faster than free players do. Not to mention free players have member doors.

Either punish all f2p or remove the cap. It's that simple.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

After the occult floor update, free players still gets an experience cap provided their combat is over 90.

Seriously Jagex, why don't you actually play a 5:5 large in free play, with tier 5 items and 100+ combat monsters? With tier 11 items in members and 47 prestige, I suspect that members can complete their dungeons way faster than free players do. Not to mention free players have member doors.

Jagex logic.

td2sig.jpg

i think the xp reducion on f2p'ers over 90 shuold definately be removed

there shold be no members doors

my suggestion-> f2p bosses shuold drop zephrium items which can be used in f2p dung, but you still cant mine or smith your own zephrium

this will make bosses have the same effect as in p2p where u can actualy use a boss drop, and the boss drop is better than anything that can be player made

basicly make zephrium the f2p primal, zeph also looks pretty sweet

a_final_name.png

Having Zephyrium/Bovistrangler/Duskweed as boss drops isn't a bad idea, but the monsters might then be made easier to kill, giving Jagex even less reason to remove the cap.

Besides, what do we get dropped in f2p, zephyrium gloves?

And member doors in f2p are probably there to balance out the exp with f2p and members. But even then they are pointless.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It is nice to see that Dungeoneering gets an update. More and harder floors are ftw. But the new rewards are not really that great. The only one I think I will get any bigger use of is the blast spell box.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Jagex logic.

Exactly.

O.O

Having Zephyrium/Bovistrangler/Duskweed as boss drops isn't a bad idea, but the monsters might then be made easier to kill, giving Jagex even less reason to remove the cap.

Besides, what do we get dropped in f2p, zephyrium gloves?

And member doors in f2p are probably there to balance out the exp with f2p and members. But even then they are pointless.

It's been suggested before, but all they really need to do is bump Construction to complexity 4, and then have F2P only able to access up to complexity 3. That way nothing members would get in F2P and the xp penalty would be across the board..

No P2P in their right mind would do F2P dungeon if this was changed, because it would be the same exact xp on F2P from complexity 1-3 but without the members weapons/armor.

Based on the graphical direction Jagex went with the occult floors, I'm kind of excited to see what warped floors. I wonder if they'll take "warped" literally and abandon some of the previous generic squares for weirder shaped rooms.

Non-euclidean geometry!?

π = 3. You know it makes sense.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Non-euclidean geometry!?

π = 3. You know it makes sense.

If that is a Simpsons reference, you are my new god.

Apart from rigour and efficiency scrolls, i don't have much interest in DG. I'm refrain from training until they fix the token problem.

After Dungeoneering yesterday i noticed something new with Stomp as well that might have come with this update. It used to be when fighting stomp as a ranger your arrows would appear on the map and you could select them but not take them, now they disappear completely. Also, it used to take several tries to get stomp to give you a path through the rocks to activate both lodestones with both crystals which on several occasions made me run out of arrows. Yesterday i noticed that rocks no longer drop in front of the lodestones and that there is always a path from where you are to both crystals and both lodestones. Does anyone know if this is just really really good luck on my part or a new update for stomp?

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

After Dungeoneering yesterday i noticed something new with Stomp as well that might have come with this update. It used to be when fighting stomp as a ranger your arrows would appear on the map and you could select them but not take them, now they disappear completely. Also, it used to take several tries to get stomp to give you a path through the rocks to activate both lodestones with both crystals which on several occasions made me run out of arrows. Yesterday i noticed that rocks no longer drop in front of the lodestones and that there is always a path from where you are to both crystals and both lodestones. Does anyone know if this is just really really good luck on my part or a new update for stomp?

You got lucky, as this was not my experence with stomp yesterday. For my team, rocks fell in front of the load stones 3 or 4 times, and twice none of us could reach one of the load stones, and another time, our mage could reach a stone, but he couldn't get to either of the crystals to use them.

Admittedly I wasn't using any food, but I still died twice to stomp on c1 due to him blocking stones/crystals.

Eternis.png

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

SAFE PVP IS NOW OFFICIALLY BROKEN

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

You sir, are a moron.

Good day.

soulthresher.png

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

You sir, are a moron.

Good day.

You sir, should read more

Good day.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

You sir, are a moron.

Good day.

You sir, should read more

Good day.

Apparently you should learn to take your own advice kid.

soulthresher.png