Facial hair/shaving

Schwarzenegger

I hate it :x

Every time I shave I hate it more and more, one day I'm getting laser surgery to remove it 8)

I can never get it smooth at the corner of my jaw bone, and on my chin, and on my throat/ neck :x , when I shave on my

throat/neck it feels like I'm using a cheese grater to shave it hurts so much :x :x . I always end up cutting myself somehow at least once.

I'm talking about real facial hair here, so if you're 13 or something don't talk about how you shave your beard when it's really just peachfuzz.

I'm only 17, I'm sure I don't have 100% of my facial hair yet as it looks like complete crap, I can't let it all grow or I look like a bum- bald spots, left side grows faster, right side thicker argh.

I think it's funny how when you're little you can't wait to have a beard/shave, but when you have one you hate it (most people).

Who else hates shaving :x :x

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of razor are you using?

I use disposable 3-blades and shaving gel, and usually (even after getting half a beard after a week) I managed to get it smoother than a babies...well, you know :P.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

17 now and I've still yet to sprout anything more than a peach-fuzzish mustache. Guess I just have lucky genes like that.

Heh im turning 18 in april and im just wierd... my facial hair isn't black, so it can't be classified as peach fuzz. Yet at the same time, I have to shave every few days as it grows like normal hair.. just twice as slow. On top of all that, I have these few random freak hairs that have turned black and grow like weeds.

I'm 18 and ever since I was 15 I could grow a full beard in about a week, I'm not talking like full shaggy beard past your chin but it gets pretty long. Long enough to really hurt if you try and use a disposable. Also, I'd suggest investing in a good electric shaver. Usually when I get lazy and I let my beard grow out I use my electric to knock it down a bit, but I prefer the razor shaving so I stop midway and start using my MACH 3 TURBO RAWR. Ya, I'm weird like that.

Zaataar.png

Been doing it for years, I Found out that going one way, then going over it again at different angles will get the cleanest shave. I've always just used the basic plastic razor, and I can get it smooth as can be. Its actually really difficult to cut yourself, once you get the feel for it, you're good to go.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I've tried being being reckless with my Mach 3 Turbo, but it is simply impossible to cut yourself with the blade under normal circumstances (ie, the blade isn't dull as cabbage). What's the big deal with shaving? It takes two minutes. Get yourself a good razor, at least a 3-bladed one (disposable or not), or an electric.

I shave about every two days, if I'm in a hurry I use the electric shaver. If I'm going out and want to feel nice for the ladies I have a propper shave.

I use a shaving gel, not a foam, and have some stuff to rub on my face afterwards. Depends on how you're shaving aswell, with the grain, or against? Haha.

I don't have all my facial hair yet either, if I let it grow for longer then five days, it starts to look a bit strange. I can only grow sideburns and the whole little goatie under my lip thing, I'm 18, 19 in three weeks.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I shave almost everyday, with an electric shaver. I know it's not as nice as a shave with a regular razor, but it's faster and it will do. :P

Not that bad though, seeing it only takes me a few seconds every morning.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Disposables ftl

Electric for the lazy :P

You wanna go for a quality 3 blade shaver such as the Gillete Mach3 and a good gell. so long as the blade is sharp you'll be fine ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

On the subject of shaving, has anyone tried the Mach3 Power? Does it do anything? Because you could use any blade with it, and once the razor is purchased, I wouldn't have to do anything other than use a rechargable battery, which I already have.. so it would cost nothing more than the m3 Turbo I use now.

On the subject of shaving, has anyone tried the Mach3 Power? Does it do anything? Because you could use any blade with it, and once the razor is purchased, I wouldn't have to do anything other than use a rechargable battery, which I already have.. so it would cost nothing more than the m3 Turbo I use now.

With the exception of replacement batteries and replacement blades its no different really. Its supposed to give you mini electric shocks to make the hairs stick out more so they shave off better but i dunno if they actually do any good.

Read the reviews on amazon for people's experences.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 59-9079154

It seems most people think the Turbo is better than the Power anyway.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I want a full beard, but I have to wait like two months to have one. So I just shave the hair that comes up every two days, it has been a week now though.

I also hated shaving, but then I decided to do it the other way to make it fun, so I bought a brush and a shaving stick, and do it the old way. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I want a full beard, but I have to wait like two months to have one. So I just shave the hair that comes up every two days, it has been a week now though.

I also hated shaving, but then I decided to do it the other way to make it fun, so I bought a brush and a shaving stick, and do it the old way. :P

Are you talking about the knife looking things like they had in old barbershops? Straight razor I think they're called.

I've heard of people that use them and say that they're much better than the modern shavers, though they cost an initial investment of like $300, and you have to sharpen it yourself.

Another thing that keeps me from buying one is I'm scared of cutting open my throat with it and bleeding to death, knowing how clumsy I am :(

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

I've only been without my goatee twice. Both were for job interviews :P

Anyhow, I just chug along with my electric razor. It's a Phillips 4000 iirc - a real dinosaur of the electric razor world :lol:

I've been tempted to get the same kind of stuff as daan. Standard razords just don't work for me and I can get better precision with the straight razor.

I've just never had the money to get it. Might see how it'm doing after christmas though, lousy presents.

I've only been without my goatee twice. Both were for job interviews :P

Anyhow, I just chug along with my electric razor. It's a Phillips 4000 iirc - a real dinosaur of the electric razor world :lol:

I've been tempted to get the same kind of stuff as daan. Standard razords just don't work for me and I can get better precision with the straight razor.

I've just never had the money to get it. Might see how it'm doing after christmas though, lousy presents.

I got a nice shaver, can't post the make or model.. Well, it's a Phillips, but don't know the model...

And Rick, your goatee gives you character... Keep it. ;)

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

I've got like a half beard. Some people call it an Amish beard.

I looked long and hard for a picture of someone else with a beard just like it (no rl pics allowed here, and it's kind of hard to obscure your face and leave the beard) but the closest I could find was this guy who has the same idea, except mine is trimmed shorter on the sides and longer on the chin. Kinda neater...

So basically I shave my upper cheeks, around my mouth and my neck, but I can get away with not doing it for a few days and nobody really notices (except when you're getting up close and personal with young ladies.)

I wet shave with foam and as long as I replace the blades often enough it's quick and pain free :)

Are you talking about the knife looking things like they had in old barbershops? Straight razor I think they're called.

I've heard of people that use them and say that they're much better than the modern shavers, though they cost an initial investment of like $300, and you have to sharpen it yourself.

Another thing that keeps me from buying one is I'm scared of cutting open my throat with it and bleeding to death, knowing how clumsy I am :(

Nah, I don't have a straight razor, they are bloody awesome. Maybe when I am rich I'll get one. But I do use the brush, it's so nice. :P And it makes it more fun. If you got one and cut yourself, don't remove the blood.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

To the poster: ever tried this thing called shaving cream? :lol: To me, it sounds like you're trying to shave without shaving cream. If so, yeah, it usually does feel like a grater or something :lol:

As for me, I've been shaving for about a year now. Only one of my friends who can grow a full beard 8)

signaturecj5.jpg

Man, shaving is like a science for me:

Step 1: Wash face with hot water and nivea facial scrub

Step 2: Apply king of shaves shaving gel

Step 3: Shave with Gillette Mach 3 Razor

Step 4: Wash off excess gel with hot water

Step 5: Dry face

Step 6: Apply either Nivea moisturiser, or Nivew aftershave soothing balm

^ ftw

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.