20-Aug-2010 - Cryptic Clue Fest II

Mil

Not only that, but both Y and Z are fractionary numbers :?

Yea, i had the same problem =/

But now they changed the equations (everyone knows that jagex is pretty bad at maths)....

For the record, the original equations posted were

Two of Treasure 1: X + (6x6) = 48

Five of Treasure 2: YX + (65/5) = 60

Eight of Treasure 3: 3ZX + 51 = 150

Makes more sense they dropped the extra x, how it was originally posted I like msot assumed you need to work out x, y, z for the nubmers. But y and z came out as non-whole numbers.

In reality you needed x, yx and zx.

Drop the extra x's kills confusion. Now when you hit what was yx or zx you've hit plain y or z

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]Gold ammies and leather boots not buying, and already late at night here =\

Oh well I'll wait till tomorrow.[/hide]

[hide]Or be less lazy? Go mine 2 gold ore and spend like 30 seconds crafting the ammys, made all the more viable since you need to go grab 8 wool anyway, so just get 2 extra. Plus BOTH Varrock clothes sell leather boots[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]Gold ammies and leather boots not buying, and already late at night here =\

[hide]Or be less lazy? Go mine 2 gold ore and spend like 30 seconds crafting the ammys, made all the more viable since you need to go grab 8 wool anyway, so just get 2 extra. Plus BOTH Varrock clothes sell leather boots[/hide]

The guy you need to talk to sells leather boots as well.

I doubt I'm even going to do it at all. I cba to go 10 or 20 minutes out of my way to buy random items and give them to whatever npc for a few piece of crap items that everyone's going to forget about in a month when I could be doing something 20x more efficient and entertaining.

God I hate these things. Almost as much as I hate holiday events. Thank you to everyone finding the answers, 'cause if I had to put any effort into this, I'd skip it completely.

This, except for the holiday event part.

imevil.jpg

I doubt I'm even going to do it at all. I cba to go 10 or 20 minutes out of my way to buy random items and give them to whatever npc for a few piece of crap items that everyone's going to forget about in a month when I could be doing something 20x more efficient and entertaining.

Uh, if you say so. Personally I enjoy solving problems, including the quickest way to obtain the items required, but then again there's no obligation to do this kind of activity.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, I ran all the way to al kharid to kill cows and craft them, mined some ore and crafted with the mould at the furnace there. Grabbed the shears in the shead near Fred's and went over to the first floor of lumbridge castle to create the rest of the items. Not as efficient as morningrise would be but it was funny doing it in w1 with me mates.

(describing the items being created without stating what they are is hard to write.)

1yrb49.jpg

It's kind of strange, you'd think there'd be one person on the staff that knows how to use math and not refer to calculus at all if there's no calculus involved.

I hope that doesn't actually reflect on their staff.

Anyway, here's hoping that tomorrow will make sense.

8f14270694.jpg

My next guess on the clue location would probably be the party room. Could be wrong though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Rewards?

10th post, first page.. Read a little, don't just instantly hit reply...

investigatorstuff.png

Since we get the book and have to fill it, im going to assume that these are the rewards this time around.

This is an image of your POH Toy Box.

Then you could know as much as we do.

I really hope we get a shirt...

35b9enp.jpg

This CCF is in my opinion easier than the first one, at least this far. That is good since the first one was a little bit too hard according to most people I met and talked to while I did it. This one have also got more of a story. It feels like it is really a true mystery going on here. I can't wait to continue this event later today...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Rewards?

investigatorstuff.png

Since we get the book and have to fill it, im going to assume that these are the rewards this time around.

There's also an Investigator's Coat. You can find it in Quick Chat.

Rewards?

investigatorstuff.png

There's also an Investigator's Cloak. You can find it in Quick Chat.

Oh thank god. Van Hellsing look, here I come.

Popoto.~<3

Ok, this goblin one is giving me a headache. They're very good puzzles though.

EDIT: Ah, I got it now. Blah. Lying about lying is not a healthy thing to do in logic. The answers are in the hide tags.

[hide] It's Sir Vant. Sir Tiffy had received money from Sir Amik, so could not have lent money back. Sir Gerry, as rule number 2 states, didn't lend the money to Sir Amik. Sir Renitee was busy lending money to Sir Vant. [/hide]

[hide] It's Wartface. If Bentnose broke the window, he is lying and therefore didn't break the window, so the paradox rules him out. If Mudknuckles broke the window, then Wartface broke the window. Only one goblin broke the window, so it couldn't have been Mudknuckles. If Grubfoot broke the window, then Bentnose broke the window, and the same rule applies.

Wartface broke the window and is lying. Bentnose and Mudknuckles are lying, but didn't break the window. Grubfoot is telling the truth. [/hide]

~ W ~

sigzi.png

New Clue up found it really easy.

[spoiler=*SPOILER* Answer day 3]

3 Bones

6 Fires Runes

Megan Party Pete's Falador

All so you get the Magnifying Glass if you didn't do last years like me