cant you be generous and repair some1 grave?

Pepsiguy

1.) You should have know how the item kept on death system works, so you wouldn't be surprised.

2.) How in the hell did you die there? And also, how weren't you able to make it back?

As a normal rule I'll bless, even for most crashers. If they were royal asses, or I think they deserved to die, I won't.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) You should have know how the item kept on death system works, so you wouldn't be surprised.

2.) How in the hell did you die there? And also, how weren't you able to make it back?

As a normal rule I'll bless, even for most crashers. If they were royal asses, or I think they deserved to die, I won't.

i know how the death system works its just bs that they keep a platebody under 1mil over a 4mil whip

and when i was there i passed the gates, then took a couple steps forward and the my compuer froze, i restarted it and when i was able to get back on i had 23 seconds left, i teled to trollheim and i was like a minimap away from it then it disapeared, i see some1 else there just standing there and i repaired my friends grave and he asked me if that was my grave and i said yes and then he said i coulda repaired it but i didnt think anyone would come back for the grave. did you not read what i said in the beginning??

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Lesson learned: Make sure your computer actually works before bringing expensive things you can't afford to lose to dangerous areas. Seriously, back in the day there were no graves, if you died, you could only hope someone picked up your stuff and was willing to give it back or you could get your stuff in a one minute timer, no problem here.

I liked it better when you could just take the stuff people lost when they died...made the person that died a lot more angry.

YES! especially wearing their items and turning off chat. It was great knowing they were probably crying behind the computer screen.

I always stole peoples stuff from there corpses, but that just seems cruel.

O.O

Lesson learned: Make sure your computer actually works before bringing expensive things you can't afford to lose to dangerous areas.

oh ya cuase everyone does that >.>

If plate didn't protect over whip, then the prices would be different. A MAJOR part of price in older items is how often those items are lost.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's the only reason that the Berserker Ring remains at 5m each, and the Whip remains at a steady 3.5.

At the Op: If you can choose what you keep, what happens when you get a good drop? You keep your Verac's Helm over a Armadyl Hilt? There is always a complication with a new item saving system. No one wants a needle or a coin to protect over a Firecape or Torso

Basically I just bless any grave I see, but I don't bless idiots (e.g. if you show me you're an idiot, well good luck). I once refused to bless someone (level 90-100 iirc, ranging) at steel dragons, who just attacked one and went to get a drink... he almost lost a focus sight by not paying attention (and I had to put up with his raging, unfortunately). But I did bless a guy at tds in full bandos, cause he wasn't afking someting with death risk, he was just on his first trip, not knowing you can't tank tds' ranged attacks (I sure remember my first trip, it was a pain).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If I actually had the prayer level I will bless every grave I see. Otherwise, it's just a simple repair.

If it's somewhere dangerous though, I forget blessing altogether and just repair it. Or, I bless and tele out.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I usually bless graves. Although usually it's someone thinking it's cool to leave a gravestone around for decorative purposes.

OR it's genuinely a legit death and they never say thank you.

don't honestly expect anyone would ever repair mine, should i die!

Swainy.png

Just occurred to me. This entire thing may not have happened with a ring of life. That, and I get the feeling that if you came back from lag to find 23 seconds left on your grave, you don't have an angel of death..... or even one of the lower tier grave that lasts one minute left for a cheap 50k...

Might be expensive, but it's a one time cost. Never know what the extra minute could do.

haha im pretty sure that that extra 500k minute has saved me at least 5m... it truly is worth it

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

No one blesses for me whenever I die (albeit rarely), so I bless for no one

Get what you give, etc.

If you think this way you'll never get blessed. I always bless graves if i see a person dying with valueables, and i repair + check hiscores if i find a grave, higher level people tend to suicide less than low levels. Me myself were unlcuky, forgot anti dragon fire shield in the bonus exp rush for slaying. I ran into the bottom and realised i died, and a high lvl (he was paying attention) told me he didnt care to bless my grave because he thought i didnt loose anything good (well, he surely must have known...) I lose my battle robe bottom, infinity boots, and some other runes etc. worth 4 mil total. I was talking with him (not bothering) before i died, and yeah, he just did nothing about it. What an [wagon]. I lost this stuff against all my odds, i were 10 seconds late to my grave, because of hatchet using alot time in the bushes. Because magic prayer protect + antifire isnt good enough for jagex. Because i ran all the way down. Because i was in a rush, cant blame anyone else but meself there, but im usually a safer. Because of barrows gloves. And because no noobs were there to help me out.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Just occurred to me. This entire thing may not have happened with a ring of life. That, and I get the feeling that if you came back from lag to find 23 seconds left on your grave, you don't have an angel of death..... or even one of the lower tier grave that lasts one minute left for a cheap 50k...

Might be expensive, but it's a one time cost. Never know what the extra minute could do.

haha im pretty sure that that extra 500k minute has saved me at least 5m... it truly is worth it

However, to repair or bless another's grave, has no actual ingame benefit to themselves. It's a moral choice, so I will base my decision on what the person has lost, and their attitude prior to dying. I wouldn't bless a level 30's grave, where the level 30 lost a mystic set and an obby shield.

I can answer one question at least: The items that you save are based on the high alch value of the item.

thats so bull why cant you choose what you keep

Are you serious? After having gravestones, which is giving you your FINAL edge of opportunity to get your items back, you complain

on wanting more? Lord have mercy! :roll:

I can answer one question at least: The items that you save are based on the high alch value of the item.

thats so bull why cant you choose what you keep

Are you serious? After having gravestones, which is giving you your FINAL edge of opportunity to get your items back, you complain

on wanting more? Lord have mercy! :roll:

dude, that was like a month ago, and besides it was ne of those when i rage i asked that question, and im not saying you dont have to bless it, just a simple repair would of made my day and i woulda probably given the guy a p pot

I tend to bless graves almost always, even if I caused the person to die, which also tends to happen quite often at bosses. :P

Despite that, you need to remember is that RuneScape isn't supposed to be totally safe, Jagex put up plenty of warnings and you chose to ignore them, don't just expect people to bless your grave if you die, they're not obligated in any way to do so, and it's an act of kindness on their part if they happen to.

10xy5fk.png

Oh boy. I was in the Chaos Tunnels the other day slaying Dust Devils when another player was down to the last handful on his assignment. Nearly red-barred, no food, no prayer, risking perhaps 3m+. Being too stubborn to bank for supplies, he asked me to bless his grave if he died.

I had little prayer on reserve and warned him of the risks of doing so; he died anyway...

....and then apparently managed to get teleported into several wrong rooms and die again. His grave crumbled. Proceeded to flame me for his own foolishness.

I could have perhaps repaired the grave and saved him his items, but i felt he needed to learn a lesson.

Not to mention he was rude and attacking dusties i was engaged with. :shame:

Players these days take gravestones for granted too much.

Swainy.png

Oh boy. I was in the Chaos Tunnels the other day slaying Dust Devils when another player was down to the last handful on his assignment. Nearly red-barred, no food, no prayer, risking perhaps 3m+. Being too stubborn to bank for supplies, he asked me to bless his grave if he died.

I had little prayer on reserve and warned him of the risks of doing so; he died anyway...

....and then apparently managed to get teleported into several wrong rooms and die again. His grave crumbled. Proceeded to flame me for his own foolishness.

I could have perhaps repaired the grave and saved him his items, but i felt he needed to learn a lesson.

Not to mention he was rude and attacking dusties i was engaged with. :shame:

Players these days take gravestones for granted too much.

That was a bit rude yourself. The guy did ask you to at least repair it in case he died. You had an opportunity to say 'Sure, I'll protect your gravestone, but please don't attack other people's dusties. They might not protect your gravestone in the future'. It's a lot more satisfying to teach a person without punishment, and often it's more effective. All that guy is going to think is that people are backstabbing idiots, and will manipulate you even if it doesn't benefit you. That won't improve his behaviour.

I will always bless or repair a gravestone if it's difficult to reach from respawn points, because I know the feeling when someone else blesses your own.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That was a bit rude yourself. The guy did ask you to at least repair it in case he died. You had an opportunity to say 'Sure, I'll protect your gravestone, but please don't attack other people's dusties. They might not protect your gravestone in the future'. It's a lot more satisfying to teach a person without punishment, and often it's more effective. All that guy is going to think is that people are backstabbing idiots, and will manipulate you even if it doesn't benefit you. That won't improve his behaviour.

I will always bless or repair a gravestone if it's difficult to reach from respawn points, because I know the feeling when someone else blesses your own.

I don't think you have room to judge me there. Did you even read what i posted?

I'm not wasting the last 5 prayer points i have on someone else who is too lazy to glory Edgevile, restock and run back.

If someone feels it's worth risking valuable items for 2 dozen dust devils while at < 80hp then go for it but i'm not risking my own safe-guard of prayer, supporting foolish behavior after strongly advising him against his actions. And again, particularly when he's trying (and failing) to kill steal from myself and others.

Also, if i died at dust devils then i deserved it. They really are not a threat to me, even with a connection loss. :-|

Swainy.png