Why Do You Play RS Over Other MMOs?

Maze

I find it extremely hilarious that people that think "Runescape is not a good game" come to a fansite to talk about it. :smile:

Good luck convincing all of us here that WoW is a much better game. Gf.

Heck, I know people who play Pac-Man...

If you enjoy it, its a good game.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it extremely hilarious that people that think "Runescape is not a good game" come to a fansite to talk about it. :smile:

Agreed, though I don't think anyone's logged as many hours on PacMan as some people here have on RS. It's really easy to get addicted to RuneScape, and I'm still not quite sure why.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I already know Runescape fanboys think Runescape is a great game, i'm just stating the actual facts.

And I already explained why i'm still a part of this community.

GG. (The actual term is GG btw, Gf is what 12 year olds who play Runescape say).

There are also certain humans that enjoy killing other humans.

Next strawman argument, please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[hide]

[/hide]

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I already know Runescape fanboys think Runescape is a great game, i'm just stating the actual facts.

GG. (The actual term is GG btw, Gf is what 12 year olds who play Runescape say).

[hide]

[/hide]

We all know why you are still "part of the community":

crikey_a_troll.jpg

Crikey, mates, di' you see that! It's a wild, fierce troll in it's natural 'abitat!

That wasn't a straw man argument - if it is fun, then it is a good game.

I wish you would stay out of runescape discussion if you refuse to do any discussing.

e: ad hominems don't count

WoW is a huge grindfest, has crap pvp, expensive, and nothing to do once you spend months of your life reaching maxed level. plus its an automatic GEEK label.

LOL. You're seriously calling WoW a grindfest compared to Runescape? Once you hit level 80 (takes about a month) WoW is pure gameplay. Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arena, etc. There's no grinding involved at all. The foundation of Runescape is xp and grinding. You can't even do quests until you reach a pre-requisite grinding amount.

And crap PvP? Ya, Runescape's click-and-wait while inventory managing is so much better than WoW's reflex and rotation-based skill. Oh wait, you're a 12 year old.

RS kids really shouldn't talk about other MMO's. The fact that you even brought up Silk Road is hilarious as well. (Protip: Silk Road is as much of an MMO as Maple Story and all the other awful f2p games)

are you [bleep] kidding me? yes WoW is a grindfest compared to runescape. If i didn't believe it (or if i didn't have multiple level 80 friends from rl) i wouldn't have said so. What is there to do until you reach level 80... hmmm you could go find a necklace for someone (typical blizzard quest)... you could train one of your TWO skills... or you could maybe... GRIND. In runescape there are involved quests, distractions and diversions, a plethora of skills and minigames. yes in runescape you have to meet requirements for a quest. that's why the quest cape is so sought after and level 10's don't go running around with hand cannons, crystal bows, and barrows gloves. it adds a character building dynamic that other games have yet to implement .

I'm not alone with praising runescape's PVP. i still cannot fathom the fact that you are actually bashing someone saying why he plays runescape over another game ON A RUNESCAPE FORUM. you're not even being discreet about it. Calling me a 12 year old? I can't even begin to believe your rudeness over a simple opinion.

RS "kids". oh yes. i must be one of those because its known that runescape players tend to frequent runescape forums (and god forbid- defend their game?1?!?!). I'm not sure what silk road your "pro"fessional self has claimed to have played, but the one i played as early as '07 and the one i returned to in '09 was an epic, involved, and basically gave the same simple-minded quests as world of warcraft. my friends who played WoW actually said they thought silkroad had BETTER graphics. the theif/merch/hunter pvp system was also extremely unique and could be started (and enjoyed) as early as level 20 (forget spending "a month" for level 80 in other games)

LOL. Typical Runescape kid that doesn't know what end-game content is.

Once you reach 80, the actual game begins. This means raiding, heroics, battlegrounds, and arena.

Pre-80 is where the quest grinding is. Your friends are either fake, or they don't know how to play the game they have subscribed to.

Try again moron.

wait are you trying to tell me that you know for a fact runescape's end game content is inferior to WoW's? last time i checked (which was this morning) you are under 1500 total level and don't have any skills over 82 hahahahha.. who the hell are you to judge runescape "kids" on their knowledge of endgame content when your knowledge of it seems to be extremely narrow minded and one sided. for all you know runescape's endgame content could be 10x that of WoW's, your still months of training away from it. Since you are going to continue ranting i might as well say that WoW's endgame does surpass runescape's in a PvM aspect but this is mainly due to completely different high level dynamics. you can continue to ignore my points and pick at small technicalities; but runescape is my mmo of choice because when i play games its not about the destination, its about the journey.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

You are a [bleep]ing idiot. We aren't talking about illegal activities, if we were, your argument would have merit. In a game, where the purpose is to have fun, the deciding factor of what is a GOOD (EG: Fun) game is SUBJECTIVE. If you enjoy the game, its a GOOD game. I hate idiots who use terms like "straw man" when they don't know what the hell one is.

(BTW: The above was a bit of an ad hominum, but I don't care. Logical falices actually work sometimes, unless you get called on them)

Ok guys, from now on, do not feed the troll.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

wait are you trying to tell me that you know for a fact runescape's end game content is inferior to WoW's? last time i checked (which was this morning) you are under 1500 total level and don't have any skills over 82 hahahahha.. who the hell are you to judge runescape "kids" on their knowledge of endgame content when your knowledge of it seems to be extremely narrow minded and one sided. for all you know runescape's endgame content could be 10x that of WoW's, your still months of training away from it. Since you are going to continue ranting i might as well say that WoW's endgame does surpass runescape's in a PvM aspect but this is mainly due to completely different high level dynamics. you can continue to ignore my points and pick at small technicalities; but runescape is my mmo of choice because when i play games its not about the destination, its about the journey.

Grats, you grinded more than I did. Lol.

Runescape end-game content.. you mean the content that you need to click mindlessly for hours to even unlock? Also, your point about me not knowing what content is available to me since I haven't trained is quite possibly the most moronic thing i've read today. Are you aware that the site you're posting on has guides on every piece of content in the game?

You are a [bleep]ing idiot. We aren't talking about illegal activities, if we were, your argument would have merit. In a game, where the purpose is to have fun, the deciding factor of what is a GOOD (EG: Fun) game is SUBJECTIVE. If you enjoy the game, its a GOOD game. I hate idiots who use terms like "straw man" when they don't know what the hell one is.

There are people who find anything fun. You're not proving anything.

Next strawman argument please.

--------------------------------

Again, most of you have never played WoW, therefore your opinions are meaningless. I've played both for years, and the ironic thing is that i've probably played Runescape longer than you have, I just have a life and good taste, so I've never even attempted nor wished to get 99's.

If you kids spent half the time you waste clicking on Runescape on homework and reading instead, you might actually stop being so dumb.

Grats, you grinded more than I did. Lol.

Runescape end-game content.. you mean the content that you need to click mindlessly for hours to even unlock? Also, your point about me not knowing what content is available to me since I haven't trained is quite possibly the most moronic thing i've read today. Are you aware that the site you're posting on has guides on every piece of content in the game?

Again, most of you have never played WoW, therefore your opinions are meaningless. I've played both for years, and the ironic thing is that i've probably played Runescape longer than you have, I just have a life and good taste, so I've never even attempted nor wished to get 99's.

Next strawman argument please.

Sigh...First rule of the MMO: Anyone higher level then you has no life, anyone lower level is a noob. You are the quintessential example for people who believe this rule. Just because someone is high level doesn't mean they grind for hours....its called efficiency. I could get 99 in most skills before the average scaper got 85/90.

And I see you couldn't counter my argument, so you resorted to just skipping over it with what, I can only assume, was supposed to be an insult.

Lets also not forget that the target audience for RS is adults. I graduated valedictorian, regularly read several hundred pages a day, and work a full time job. Its not hard to be good at a game and still have a life.

As well, I've played WoW. Granted, it wasn't for as long as RS, but I didn't want to relearn everything, and I hated not having the community I have with my clan, as well as skype friends who play RS. That was probably the biggest factor.

Stonewall337.png

Sigh...First rule of the MMO: Anyone higher level then you has no life, anyone lower level is a noob. You are the quintessential example for people who believe this rule. Just because someone is high level doesn't mean they grind for hours....its called efficiency. I could get 99 in most skills before the average scaper got 85/90.

And I see you couldn't counter my argument, so you resorted to just skipping over it with what, I can only assume, was supposed to be an insult.

Efficiency is for work.

Fun and skill are for videogames.

Thanks for proving what's wrong with Runescape. Kids talk about numbers and efficiency all day, and the moment they quit all those numbers are meaningless. At least you can remember the fun after you stop playing a game.

Lets also not forget that the target audience for RS is adults.

You're cute.

Well, for some of us, being efficient in a game IS fun.

While our games are created with adult gamers in mind, we do appreciate that some younger players also enjoy them.

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Parents_Guide/parents_guide.ws

Cough

Stonewall337.png

Aaaaaaaand that's when I stop taking you seriously ;)

Jagex isn't admitting that Runescape is a children's game? Wow, alert the media. Really great catch, buddy.

guys its like comparing apples to oranges so just stop because you're making yourself look stupid.

Comparing two fantasy MMORPG"s is not comparing apples to oranges.

One is just poorly designed and the other isn't.

guys its like comparing apples to oranges so just stop because you're making yourself look stupid.

Which begs the question why are you (And millions of others) playing RS?

Stonewall337.png

First off, its free; it has a lot of content for being free; it has enough variety that it doesn't have to be too repetitive.

Second of all, it has very small requirements and no disc required install. Its played on a web browser. After I play it, I don't have to worry about some process going on in my system even though I'm not playing the game. Its java, so I don't have to worry about the junk that may come with it (except the yahoo! toolbar with the JRE setup, but that's oracle's fault not Jagex's).

Thirdly, I can let my character do all the work. As much as a grind the game *can* be, it doesn't have to. Some of the worst portions of the game are also mindless, meaning I can watch a movie on the side.

Did I mention it was free?

Finally, there are some things you can only get in Runescape (I have yet to find a Great Orb Project substitute). As similar as it may be to other games, the style, the flavor, the vibe is different.

That's why I play Runescape over other MMO's.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I refuse to repeat myself 3 times. Learn to read kid.

Also, you made another stupid argument (I love debunking these). Millions of people play Maple Story as well. Millions of people eat at McDonalds. Quantity of customers =/= quality of product. So again, what's your point (hint: you have none).

Now it's 100% clear to me. You're just trolling...

You continue to mix up Opinions with fact

Please...for the sake of your time, and ours, get off Runescape related forums.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I refuse to repeat myself 3 times. Learn to read kid.

Also, you made another stupid argument (I love debunking these). Millions of people play Maple Story as well. Millions of people eat at McDonalds. Quantity of customers =/= quality of product. So again, what's your point (hint: you have none).

And so, to those people, maple story is a good game, is it not? I don't see how YOUR opinion of what makes a game good is worth any more then the millions of people who play the game because they find the game fun. The same goes for me. IMO, RS>WoW, but that could change, and I am sure that millions of people would disagree with me. I think the term we should have been using is "fun", as that is almost a purely subjective term, and since this is an objective thread (EG: Opinions) rather then a factual thread (RS>MMO's because...) it doesn't matter what ANYONE thinks makes up a good/fun game, it all comes down to what you enjoy in a game. Some enjoy skilling, others PvP, others MH'ing, others maxing, etc etc etc. Some are efficient, others don't care for that style. Some play 2 hours a week, others 2 hours a day. When it all boils down, you play because you ENJOY a game. A game may have "worse" combat, or "better" skills, but that is rather moot. What matters is what you LIKE.

So I return to why I prefer RS to most other games: Goals, my friends, and not having to relearn a new game are what keep me from switching.

I've tried discussion with you, but if you continue to troll, I'll just ignore you. Reasonable people can disagree on certain things, however continually being a troll simply makes you an ass.

Stonewall337.png

Aaaaaaaand that's when I stop taking you seriously ;)

Jagex isn't admitting that Runescape is a children's game? Wow, alert the media. Really great catch, buddy.

Lol, nice argument there. Just kidding, you didn't make one.

If you're good at something, it usually means you do it efficiently. When it comes to Runescape, efficiency and being good at something are somewhat interchangeable concepts. A lot of people like to be good at the games they play. Being good at Runescape usually means being efficient, and some people have fun doing it (what a concept!). I love slayer. I think killing stuff is fun. I'm a very efficient slayer. I'm good at slayer. I have fun slaying. I also like solo bosshunting. I'm good at it. I do it efficiently. It's fun.

You don't have to believe me. I don't care. At the end of the day, I got 99 slayer as a product of having fun slaying, and I'll keep slaying because it's fun.

I don't see how you can argue about something that's so subjective. It's pretty childish of you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Being good at Runescape usually means being efficient

Thanks for proving again why Runescape is a bad game. No skill involved. Simply clicking, knowledge, and efficiency. It's a glorified spreadsheet.

Keep it coming kids! You're "arguments" amuse me. :lol:

Thanks for proving again why Runescape is a bad game. No skill involved. Simply clicking, knowledge, and efficiency. It's a glorified spreadsheet.

Go head to head with Taco Limey in deep wilderness, or maybe solo the Corporeal Beast. Let me know what happens, kid. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

All games are clicking and knowledge.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

So you are saying that Runescape requires no skill at all? Go ahead and do mourning ends part 2 puzzle without thinking what to do at any step or maybe solo corporeal beast.

Your opinion is not a fact, "kid".

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.