Ask The Staff!

Ask The Staff!

Is there anything you'd like to know about the Tip.it Staff? Are there any questions you've always wanted to ask about a specific team or how things are done? Now is your chance! We are giving you guys the opportunity to ask the Administrators, Crew and/or Moderators anything that your heart desires! You can ask questions about how the team operates, what exactly their role is, what their favourite skittles flavour is... ;) Anything at all! We cannot guarantee that every question will be answered, but we will do our best! Some things we may not be able to reveal (due to security, privacy, etc.) or we simply may not have time to answer every single question.

Post your questions here and please make it clear who it is directed at! Example:

To Moderators: About how many threads do you lock per day on average?

Please note that this will not be a live question and answers session. The various teams (Administrators, Crew and Moderators) will review the questions that are posted here, prepare answers and release them hopefully within the next week or two.

Ask away! :thumbsup:

- Tip.it Staff

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that U need to spend alot of time working on the forums and therefore have less time to actually play runescape itself.. (question to all the teams) :P

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

How long, on average, do all of you (moderators, admin, crew, TET) spend your time on the forums?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Which forum is hardest to moderate?

Us users in the tavern can answer that!

I'd like to ask what other forums are not visible to us (I know about clan and community forums) and whats inside, a screenshot of the archives and mod discussion would be cool :)

[Falador tavern]

Which forum is hardest to moderate?

Us users in the tavern can answer that!

I'd like to ask what other forums are not visible to us (I know about clan and community forums) and whats inside, a screenshot of the archives and mod discussion would be cool :)

I doubt we could give screenshots of inside the forums, but mentioning a few names is interesting :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To Admins: Who is the most annoying admin and why?

Also, how do you deal with Rainy Day?

Who is Rainy Day? :mellow:

I have no idea...must be some noob >.>

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I would love to know the admins average age because I believe it is around 21 years and for such relative young people you do a wonderful job.

IIRC Ashley is only 19. ;)

She is but he asked for the average age and I believe most are older than 21 so it may balance out. ;)

To all the Crewbies - Are you all secret agents/in a secret agency?... because you're always on constant missions.

To all Admins - Do you do mod alot of the mods?

To Admins - Do you still all play RS regulary? Or just stick around on the forums?

To all TET members - Ever been to a party IRL?

To Das - Where did you get your shades?

To Admins - Who are the admins such as Neminon, Daigon and EhrenTemp? They don't post much, - behind the scenes work?

To Admins - Whose decision is final? Silverions? Is there a separate forum/website where admins talk/discuss things such as the IPB change?

To Any staff - What's the difference between Board, Global and Super?

To Admins - Have you ever thought that having your names in red is intimidating and scary?

To Crewbies - When you write up quest guides, do you follow a guide on another website if you have not started?

To all Moderators - I heard you browse the forums with condoms in your ears, is it so you don't get hearing aids? Not that that's a bad thing or anything, but the better your senses, the more likely you are to catch trolls.

To Any Staff - Have you ever bought anything from the tipit shop?

To Admins/Silverion - How many people actively play arenascape?

To Crewbies - Do you have any in-game time to yourself? Or are you always helping out the site?

To Moderators - What are your honest thoughts on the RSOF, what makes us stand out?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Note to self: all questions up to this point have been documented :)

Keep them coming you guys! Some GREAT questions so far!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This question is hard to word, but I'll do my best. Someone who posts frequently in one certain board on the forum gets promoted to board moderator. Is that person only able to lock, edit, and delete posts in that one particular board? I hope that makes sense. :P

Hmmm. To all staff:

There must be huge pressure to help people out while still trying to enjoy playing Runescape (I would imagine similar to what a player mod has to deal with on a daily basis). So when people put you down for whatever reason, how do you cope with those situations?

2vuhgcn.png

To All Staff: When applying for a job, do you include the fact that you moderate/crewbierate such a big forum/website in your CV? Has anyone ever received a special comment towards it?

To All Staff: Is everyone's main language english?

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I can answer this one now. Cow's main language is gibberish.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I can answer this one now. Cow's main language is gibberish.

Gosh that explains a lot....like why I haven't understood him at all for over the past year at least.

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*