07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

It's such a shame we can't use assist for any of the tasks. My 61 smithing is what prevents me from finishing Lumby hard <_<

Oh well, it would probably defeat the purpose of "elite" tasks anyway.

Time to train my smithing!

That sounds asinine. To me it sounds like: "Oh lame, I don't have the level to finish a diary designed to show that I have the "elite" "hard" etc requirements, and a I can't leech off others levels to do it, so I guess I'm stuck" Same reason you can't assist for quests.

Jagex comes out with some higher-level content, and people [bleep] all the live long day. Not having it won't kill you.

I'd buy your argument if we didn't already have effigy assisting for the candy-assed MH crowd.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's talk about next Diary with pants reward...

Location ?

Requirements ? .. Thieving? Construction(Build/make X item)? Dungeoneering(Frost Dragon)? Mining(Runite Ore)?

Time to MAX all skills, lol

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Well I outlined all of the areas covered by achievement diary tasks, and here's what I got.

worldmapdiary.gif

So I'm thinking either Mortyania, Desert, Wilderness, or Elf lands for the last one. Unless they resort to the ever-popular Ooglog diary!

lalalasig2.png

uhm which situation was not relevance?

I made the statement:

Those who went for combat stats at most have the task disproportional easier than those who went for even stats

Then I was given a counter argument that I wasn't right and thus demanded for some "proof".

So what I did was an example calculation for a person with even stats at lv 85.. VS someone who went for combat (and thus had the prayer & herblore requirements)..

Also it shows that the prayer requirements are by far the most difficult requirements to get.

138 hours when earning 1M/hour.. Or 55 hours when earning 4M (which is impossible unless you have the prayer requirement already)..

This update again makes the gab bigger between those who levelled prayer & herblore already, and those who still are lowish prayer/herblore!

Yeah, you're right, the update gives an unfair advantage to people who already trained their skills to the required levels! :roll:

Here are two people.

Person A: Level 3, 34 total level

Person B: Level 3, 34 total level

For player A to get to X stats, it will take him Y hours. Person B can do the EXACT SAME METHODS and achieve the stats in Y hours, or he can do a different method and take an additional Z hours.

All players start off even in this game, and anyone can do anything. It is not possible for requirements to be "biased" or of "unfairly disproportional difficulty".

Wellthese things would be a good argument in a non-changing stable environment

Runescape changes faster than most (note, not the top 10% of the players, but the mass below) can adept:

For people who started 5 years ago there were say "2 similar time routes" - 1 who went to try to gather money with skilling (RC, gold mining, fishing) and with that money tried to buy the combat skills. The other same speed method was by first levelling combat stats and then having the money to power yourself through fishing, cooking etc levels.

Now the problem raises: those who trained prayer 4 years ago, and now only have left the non-combat skills have it much, much easier than those who first trained their non combat skills.

Actually it goes so far that the price rise of bones is faster than the money some people can earn by skilling, and I know quite a few people who have left for the simple reason that the goal they had was getting further and further away with time even though they were playing!

This is the problem: the last 3 years (effectivelly since the GWD dungeons) all new content catered towards high level combat people. Sure for skilling there are now faster method: but again those come at the cater mostly for those who can already earn millions.. The money gained from skilling really hardly changed AT ALL. (Yet there has been a mass-inflation)

A game should be balanced, so that the routes one can walk are different: yet take similar time.

Runescape is becoming more and more of a "all do the same thing with the same set up, otherwise you're left out".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Now the problem raises: those who trained prayer 4 years ago, and now only have left the non-combat skills have it much, much easier than those who first trained their non combat skills.

Actually it goes so far that the price rise of bones is faster than the money some people can earn by skilling, and I know quite a few people who have left for the simple reason that the goal they had was getting further and further away with time even though they were playing!

Income has also increased massively in the past 4 years. It used to be difficult to make 1m gp/hr; now, almost anyone can do it. Inflation has made prayer more expensive, but it's also made money easier to get.

Also, would you prefer that they cost 8 gp/xp and be totally worthless, or 22 gp/xp and be super-awesome? Think about it.

And of course, the obvious response to the increasing price of dragon bones is, "Hey, go kill dragons, duh."

And this isn't even getting into your implicit assumptions, including whether players should be encouraged to train combat, whether combat and noncombat skills need to be represented equally, and so on.

This is the problem: the last 3 years (effectivelly since the GWD dungeons) all new content catered towards high level combat people. Sure for skilling there are now faster method: but again those come at the cater mostly for those who can already earn millions.. The money gained from skilling really hardly changed AT ALL. (Yet there has been a mass-inflation)

That's only selective memory at work. There have been plenty of updates aimed at skills and only a few aimed exclusively at high-level combat, alongside lots of updates that included neither or both of them.

Im a skiller with a high combat level. I have never boss-hunted for money, only with large teams where income was minimal.

Yet, I have all skills needed for these diaries. I don't see why there's such a fuss over why one playstyle makes more money so it has an unfair advantage.

Go kill something if you think its unfair? Like Jagex say, if you decide to focus your account and ignore aspects of the game, then thats up to you. They wont mold content to players that specialize themselves to some forms of content.

Elite diaries were never made for skillers or combaters, they were made for overall players that play many aspects of the game.

Pulli, maybe you are just rubbish at moneymaking and lets leave it at that? If you consider yourself elite and can't merchant(easy 10m an hour+) you are a laugh. Combat isn't the best moneymaker in the game, and if you refuse to merchant that's your own stupid problem. The elite diaries are not skiller or combat based but meant for all around ''elite'' players.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Pulli, maybe you are just rubbish at moneymaking and lets leave it at that? If you consider yourself elite and can't merchant(easy 10m an hour+) you are a laugh. Combat isn't the best moneymaker in the game, and if you refuse to merchant that's your own stupid problem. The elite diaries are not skiller or combat based but meant for all around ''elite'' players.

Since when is merchanting a necessity? - really merchanting is just stealing money from others: for each gp YOU win someone else has to loose 1! I refuse to merchant (or even buy at low/sell at high, I'm sticking to the mid). Such an attitude that merchanting is a legitimate method of making money is sickening me!

But really: tell me what better method than runecrafting there is too make money as a skiller? - and 91 runecrafting I had since 2007 already (spent my money on other things than skills, such as gathering the gold cw set) and even then with abbys-runecrafting without summoning I earned around 1M an hour..

Really skilling doesn't make any more money these days compared to other methods!

Then they came for me

Merchanting is a legit way of making money and has been for the ages, if you refuse to do it, you are more than welcome to, but when calculating efficiency, don't give me **** about runecrafting- it's not an efficient moneymaker. Hunter is also a better moneymaker than runecrafting, btw.

as said: for each gp YOU earn, someone else has to LOOSE 1...

HENCE the average runescape person will make 0 coins with merchanting - so it should never be considered when talking about the generic runescape population!

Then they came for me

Wilderness or Morytania are the most likely choices.

Tirannwn is extremely unlikely as it would have to start at hard, since a Master quest is required to access the area.

what you would do in wilderness ? i would say Morytania or maybe shantay desert

wilderness is good for future [diary weapon].

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

as said: for each gp YOU earn, someone else has to LOOSE 1...

HENCE the average runescape person will make 0 coins with merchanting - so it should never be considered when talking about the generic runescape population!

O aren't ya smart... But then again- runecrafting, boss hunting(including frost dragons) and not even hunter are moneymakers(they don't produce gp) so from that perspective, you are ever so much more wrong.

They do produce WEALTH though!

merchanting doesn't produce anything.

Then they came for me

It's irrelevant. Producing gp is what you are talking about, and neither method is good for that. Also you can look at merchanting as a pyramid scheme- you gradually make yourself toward the top, losing money as you start out and gaining money once you are near the top, and there will always be players starting out from the bottom. This way, merchanting is just an effective way of distributing wealth to those who can use it better. And yes, it is a moneymaker, and yes, it's the most efficient moneymaker in the game. You ignoring it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just as the fact that you don't have 85 dungeoneering doesn't mean frost dragons don't exist.

It's irrelevant. Producing gp is what you are talking about, and neither method is good for that. Also you can look at merchanting as a pyramid scheme- you gradually make yourself toward the top, losing money as you start out and gaining money once you are near the top, and there will always be players starting out from the bottom. This way, merchanting is just an effective way of distributing wealth to those who can use it better. And yes, it is a moneymaker, and yes, it's the most efficient moneymaker in the game. You ignoring it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just as the fact that you don't have 85 dungeoneering doesn't mean frost dragons don't exist.

uhm WHAT, you consider a pyramid scheme of distributing wealth moral acceptable? - Even worse: a good method one should participate in?

You know they are a big financial crime in reality - for good reasons!

Sorry but if you consider that something one should do there's not much we can talk about, of course it "works" for the top players: however you make many, many others suffer!

(wow if the youth considers this acceptable I fear for the future of earth)

Then they came for me

Also you can look at merchanting as a pyramid scheme- you gradually make yourself toward the top, losing money as you start out and gaining money once you are near the top, and there will always be players starting out from the bottom.

Bingo! You just made Pulli's point :-) Pyramid schemes are run by scammers and are illegal.

At level 80, hunter gets you~1m GP/hr, almost as much as natures which is 91 rc.I'd rather get 80 hunt.I thought this topic was about diaries not skilling vs. combat vs. diaries.

If you stick with being a skiller(nobody says you can't be a 138 who likes to train all the skills), shut up and don't whine about combat.

At level 80, hunter gets you~1m GP/hr, almost as much as natures which is 91 rc.I'd rather get 80 hunt.I thought this topic was about diaries not skilling vs. combat vs. diaries.

If you stick with being a skiller(nobody says you can't be a 138 who likes to train all the skills), shut up and don't whine about combat.

What I am saying is that the combat requirements for these diaries are the most difficult to get..

And that's with all updates/quests/new skills All updates which introduce new items since the summoning have been geared at those who have HIGH COMBAT. - Making it more and more profitable. The only high level content for skillers I can remember are rocktails (which are pretty low level required).

Now these diaries I say are another example at content geared to those with HIGH COMBAT (and high skills aren't exactly needed).

Then they came for me

What I am saying is that the combat requirements for these diaries are the most difficult to get..

And that's with all updates/quests/new skills All updates which introduce new items since the summoning have been geared at those who have HIGH COMBAT. - Making it more and more profitable. The only high level content for skillers I can remember are rocktails (which are pretty low level required).

Now these diaries I say are another example at content geared to those with HIGH COMBAT (and high skills aren't exactly needed).

High skills aren't needed? Have you even looked at the elite diary requirements?

High skills aren't needed? Have you even looked at the elite diary requirements?

uhm yes, and please check my long calculation: as I showed the prayer requirement is the most difficult requirement to gather! (Mostly since all skills can be boosted at least 5 levels, thus highest is effectivelly 91 fishing).

Even when earning in excess of 4M an hour it takes ~60 hours for 95 prayer to gather.

Then they came for me

I highly disagree. 91 fishing and runecrafting is Jagex laughing at EVERYONE, not one or the other. 95 prayer, 92 herblore, and 93 summoning are a walk in the park compared to 91 fishing alone.

I'm a combat-orientated player, for the record. I hate slow AFK skills (fishing).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I highly disagree. 91 fishing and runecrafting is Jagex laughing at EVERYONE, not one or the other. 95 prayer, 92 herblore, and 93 summoning are a walk in the park compared to 91 fishing alone.

I'm a combat-orientated player, for the record. I hate slow AFK skills (fishing).

uhm explain how these are a walk in the park (time wise?) - DO you have a calculation which shows that you can get those 3 skills faster than 200 hours from level 1?

Then they came for me

Nope, and that's irrelevant. I assume (and I further assume that my assumption is accurate) that most players won't even attempt to actively go for the elite diaries without first being somewhat close to some of the levels required. I mean, how many brand new players are going to look at the requirements for the elite diaries and make that their goal? It's highly unrealistic.

So, no, I don't have numbers. I do, however, know that making money is one of the easiest things to do in Runescape. Hell, I make at least a million a day just doing MTK and a couple farm runs. Not to mention that making money is far more fun than fishing (this is an irrefutable fact: no one really likes to fish).

Frankly, I don't care about this debate. Because I enjoy combat, maxing it is a far easier task than even 99 fletching. I just don't enjoy AFK skills. Even prayer is a drag, and it's stupidly fast.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Nope, and that's irrelevant. I assume (and I further assume that my assumption is accurate) that most players won't even attempt to actively go for the elite diaries without first being somewhat close to some of the levels required. I mean, how many brand new players are going to look at the requirements for the elite diaries and make that their goal? It's highly unrealistic.

So, no, I don't have numbers. I do, however, know that making money is one of the easiest things to do in Runescape. Hell, I make at least a million a day just doing MTK and a couple farm runs. Not to mention that making money is far more fun than fishing (this is an irrefutable fact: no one really likes to fish).

Frankly, I don't care about this debate. Because I enjoy combat, maxing it is a far easier task than even 99 fletching. I just don't enjoy AFK skills. Even prayer is a drag, and it's stupidly fast.

doesn't hcange the point: then consider someone with 80 in everything...

Then they came for me