07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

You can at least boost to 91 runecrafting with a spicy stew. If you get lucky you can do it from as "low" as 85 but 86/87 is more likely.

Prayer is non boostable which makes the falador altar task (95 prayer) and karamja monkey trap (95 summoning) the hardest tasks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can at least boost to 91 runecrafting with a spicy stew. If you get lucky you can do it from as "low" as 85 but 86/87 is more likely.

Prayer is non boostable which makes the falador altar task (95 prayer) and karamja monkey trap (95 summoning) the hardest tasks.

You can boost your Prayer level by +2 by Praying at the Monestry (east of Edgeville) :)

You can boost your Prayer level by +2 by Praying at the Monestry (east of Edgeville) :)

Using the special of the ancient mace is perfect for boosting prayer level.

Using the special of the ancient mace is perfect for boosting prayer level.

But you won't be able to use higher level prayers anyway, so it doesn't matter.

namnlskopia.jpg

Boosting prayer doesn't allow you to use prayers above your level.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's such a shame we can't use assist for any of the tasks. My 61 smithing is what prevents me from finishing Lumby hard <_<

Oh well, it would probably defeat the purpose of "elite" tasks anyway.

Time to train my smithing!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So it seems that no one knows how many extra slayer points lapalok gives after the elite karamja diaries. I've been searching these forums, the RSOF and runescape wiki and still nothing. Has anyone figured out what lapalok gives?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's such a shame we can't use assist for any of the tasks. My 61 smithing is what prevents me from finishing Lumby hard <_<

You really answered your own problem here, no?

The release of the elite diaries was a little humbling for me. I generally consider myself at that second rung, right below those whom are either maxed or really close to it. This update exposed a lot of the shortcomings of my character's skills.

Ultimately, it's a great motivator. I have some nice new long term goals (91 Runecrafting, 95 Pray, 95 Summon) that were already things I would have liked, but now have a better reason to chase after.

Absolutely -LOVE- the rewards, too. Not too heavily overpowered, but definitely worth the time invested in training and executing. This, by my standards, was a four-star update.

stormveritas.png

You really answered your own problem here, no?

The release of the elite diaries was a little humbling for me. I generally consider myself at that second rung, right below those whom are either maxed or really close to it. This update exposed a lot of the shortcomings of my character's skills.

Ultimately, it's a great motivator. I have some nice new long term goals (91 Runecrafting, 95 Pray, 95 Summon) that were already things I would have liked, but now have a better reason to chase after.

Absolutely -LOVE- the rewards, too. Not too heavily overpowered, but definitely worth the time invested in training and executing. This, by my standards, was a four-star update.

I agree with this guy too. These diaries coupled with the effigy levels are perfect for the nearly maxed players who are lacking content to motivate them. Im pretty much 90+ in all skills and soon to be working on 95+. Diaries and effigies are what breaks the monotony by getting us to walk away from the grind and go do our assists every day. I'll probably be 95 dungeoneering and hunter before i decided to go get everything else 95+. Those skills have sooo been lacking attention lol.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So I finished the Hard Tasks for Lumbridge & Draynor.

Ardougne Elite diary I'm short two tasks due to summoning and smithing. Varrock Elite diary I'm short two due to prayer and smithing. Falador Elite diary I'm short one due to prayer. Karamja I don't know if I'll even get done because I can't manage Jad at all for some reason (I tried again last night and he pretty much three hit me....:rolleyes:), not to mention the runecrafting and summoning levels are gonna hold me back (agility's not a major issue since I can handle that). Seer's I'm gonna be short on the herblore. Freminnik I'm gonna be short on runecrafting, agility, smithing, herblore...

I know that people were asking for high level stuff, but for some of those skills, it's a huge jump compared to others. I don't think I'll ever finish the elites because I'm not in the mood to go into full grindfest for the stats without spending a ton of money. :( And of course, thanks to the price manipulators, getting the materials will still take forever.

Ah well, one day at a time I guess...

So it seems that no one knows how many extra slayer points lapalok gives after the elite karamja diaries. I've been searching these forums, the RSOF and runescape wiki and still nothing. Has anyone figured out what lapalok gives?

i'll do a lapalok task after the one i'm currently assigned to find out (sometime in teh future) if you still don't have the stats by then. dunno when i'll feel like doing slayer though :P

i'll do a lapalok task after the one i'm currently assigned to find out (sometime in teh future) if you still don't have the stats by then. dunno when i'll feel like doing slayer though :P

it only applys to 10th & 50th tasks

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm inquiring about the reward itself not the requirement.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

All I will say is Kuradal is still better.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

All I will say is Kuradal is still better.

If you know the extra slayer points tell me in pm or something. To be frank i'm getting sick of hunting it down. I was told that she was still better, but i want to know for myself.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So I finished the Hard Tasks for Lumbridge & Draynor.

Ardougne Elite diary I'm short two tasks due to summoning and smithing. Varrock Elite diary I'm short two due to prayer and smithing. Falador Elite diary I'm short one due to prayer. Karamja I don't know if I'll even get done because I can't manage Jad at all for some reason (I tried again last night and he pretty much three hit me....:rolleyes:), not to mention the runecrafting and summoning levels are gonna hold me back (agility's not a major issue since I can handle that). Seer's I'm gonna be short on the herblore. Freminnik I'm gonna be short on runecrafting, agility, smithing, herblore...

I know that people were asking for high level stuff, but for some of those skills, it's a huge jump compared to others. I don't think I'll ever finish the elites because I'm not in the mood to go into full grindfest for the stats without spending a ton of money. :( And of course, thanks to the price manipulators, getting the materials will still take forever.

Ah well, one day at a time I guess...

And then you have people like me, who are off in a few skills (RC, Summoning, Smithing, Fishing), that this update is the only thing keeping me playing. I would have quit without this update. Keeps me not bored.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I really dislike how prayer & herblore are again the big requirements..

Again an update which caters for those who train combat (and thus gain money) mainly.. For skillers it's a real pain to get 95 prayer/herblore nowadays.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Again an update which caters for those who train combat (and thus gain money) mainly.. For skillers it's a real pain to get 95 prayer/herblore nowadays.

Actually, the biggest required skills are 96 fishing and 91 runecrafting in terms of how difficult they are to achieve, and those cater largely to skillers. While no combat based character will have 91 runecrafting(once the best moneymaker, remember) and 96 fishing, the skillers really shouldn't consider themselves elite without 92 herblore and 95 prayer- the fact that those cost money is no reason for skillers to not train them, being unable to make alot of money without combat, afterall, is not a sign of being elite(particularly nowadays, other people actually used to bury bones for their prayer xp and had to go to the market and communicate with people in order to buy or sell anything).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Actually, the biggest required skills are 96 fishing and 91 runecrafting in terms of how difficult they are to achieve, and those cater largely to skillers. While no combat based character will have 91 runecrafting(once the best moneymaker, remember) and 96 fishing, the skillers really shouldn't consider themselves elite without 92 herblore and 95 prayer- the fact that those cost money is no reason for skillers to not train them, being unable to make alot of money without combat, afterall, is not a sign of being elite(particularly nowadays, other people actually used to bury bones for their prayer xp and had to go to the market and communicate with people in order to buy or sell anything).

The argument of not being elite without 95 pray & herblore is moot: same could be said about fishing (most relaxing 99 for a long time) and 86 rc.

Let's do the math (I define a skiller as someone who levels equally, so having 95 prayer would also mean 95 stats in everything else)

ok lets consider a skiller someone who has equal stats, and lets say he has lv 85 in all stats (with 91 rc for simplicity).. And for simplicity: his fishing level is 91 (which is pretty generous, not many skillers train fishing). Also lets say he did level for the ardougne diary: he has 92 summoning.

A monster hunter is someone who's purelly combat stats (& herblore).. maxed combat, 95 prayer & summoning and 88 herblore (for super anti). The rest is around 30-40 (neglectable xp)

Considered both about equally difficult right?

With these stats the skiller could make 1M an hour (rcing), combat stats would be too low to get in any team or solo (you would get crashed)

The combat based person can make 4M an hour (frost dragons, TDs & dk)

Well the skiller would need:

22k dragon bones (around 5600 each) = 123M - about 15 hours burying them, thus a total of 138 hours for 85-95 prayer

now for herblore, similar: at 40 gp/xp (which herblore is these days or so I heard), it's for 85-87 around 1M xp: thus add another 40M = 40 hours.

Also he needs an excess of 2.2M summon xp.. - At around 100 crimsons an hour (and 400 xp a crimson), this is another 55 hours of gathering charms, making 5500 wolpertinger pouches (costing around 6300-3575).

The summoning levels thus cost another 16M (= 16 hours). Now I ignored the time actually spend on "making pouches" (which will add another 4 hours or something).

Thus the pre-elite skiller would need around 250 hours before he's a "true elite". - And notice that I didn't even take slayer into account (which is also a lot of efford to level from 85 - 93)

Now for the combattant:

his "only" problem is 86 rc and 91 fishing. The money for feathers for fishing will be ignored basically. Thus the time is equal to the time leveling.

RC is a bit of difficult to guess (low levels are slow leveling), yet in 80+ levelling with 75K xp/hour is possible.. On average lets say you level with 50K xp/hour.

for 86 you would need 3.6M xp: that's thus 72 hours

fishing also levels at around 85K xp/hour, you would need.

For 91 you would need 6M xp: that's thus 71 hours.

the third high level skill is smithing 85 is necessary:

for easiness sake consider training with mithril platebodies the whole time, morphic hammers will be used (the total time to smith + gather hammers earns the same xp/hour as normally, but half the gold is needed):

32.5k mithril bars, a 1.8k each = 58.5M coins. Thus around 15 hours for the combatant to collect.

Now the problem would be smithing them, but lets say this method is around 250k xp/hour (which is pretty low): that means for the 3.3M xp we need it takes around 13 hours to smith.

Finally agility might pose a problem, a level from 75 is needed. This is around 1.2M xp. Being slow to level (30k xp an hour at these levels) this would take another 40 hours.

Summing all time needed:

72 + 71+ 15 + 13 + 40 = 210 hours.[/b]

The difference between someone who levels equally, and someone who didn't is: 250 hours needed to become elite, vs 210 hours needed (and now I was really exaggerating the time needed for the combatant, and since I assumed the skiller had 92 summoning: was reducing the time for him - also I didn't include slayer, but this would even make the skiller fall more behind on average).

There still is a 40 hour difference - or a "20% gab" between a well rounded character and a character who's only combat based.

And really is "85 in all skills + 91 fishing" 20% worse than "88 herblore 95 pray, rest 1"

Then they came for me

That sounds asinine. To me it sounds like: "Oh lame, I don't have the level to finish a diary designed to show that I have the "elite" "hard" etc requirements, and a I can't leech off others levels to do it, so I guess I'm stuck" Same reason you can't assist for quests.

Jagex comes out with some higher-level content, and people [bleep] all the live long day. Not having it won't kill you.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The argument of not being elite without 95 pray & herblore is moot: same could be said about fishing (most relaxing 99 for a long time) and 86 rc.

Let's do the math (I define a skiller as someone who levels equally, so having 95 prayer would also mean 95 stats in everything else)

ok lets consider a skiller someone who has equal stats, and lets say he has lv 85 in all stats (with 91 rc for simplicity).. And for simplicity: his fishing level is 91 (which is pretty generous, not many skillers train fishing). Also lets say he did level for the ardougne diary: he has 92 summoning.

A monster hunter is someone who's purelly combat stats (& herblore).. maxed combat, 95 prayer & summoning and 88 herblore (for super anti). The rest is around 30-40 (neglectable xp)

Considered both about equally difficult right?

With these stats the skiller could make 1M an hour (rcing), combat stats would be too low to get in any team or solo (you would get crashed)

The combat based person can make 4M an hour (frost dragons, TDs & dk)

Well the skiller would need:

22k dragon bones (around 5600 each) = 123M - about 15 hours burying them, thus a total of 138 hours for 85-95 prayer

now for herblore, similar: at 40 gp/xp (which herblore is these days or so I heard), it's for 85-87 around 1M xp: thus add another 40M = 40 hours.

Also he needs an excess of 2.2M summon xp.. - At around 100 crimsons an hour (and 400 xp a crimson), this is another 55 hours of gathering charms, making 5500 wolpertinger pouches (costing around 6300-3575).

The summoning levels thus cost another 16M (= 16 hours). Now I ignored the time actually spend on "making pouches" (which will add another 4 hours or something).

Thus the pre-elite skiller would need around 250 hours before he's a "true elite". - And notice that I didn't even take slayer into account (which is also a lot of efford to level from 85 - 93)

Now for the combattant:

his "only" problem is 86 rc and 91 fishing. The money for feathers for fishing will be ignored basically. Thus the time is equal to the time leveling.

RC is a bit of difficult to guess (low levels are slow leveling), yet in 80+ levelling with 75K xp/hour is possible.. On average lets say you level with 50K xp/hour.

for 86 you would need 3.6M xp: that's thus 72 hours

fishing also levels at around 85K xp/hour, you would need.

For 91 you would need 6M xp: that's thus 71 hours.

the third high level skill is smithing 85 is necessary:

for easiness sake consider training with mithril platebodies the whole time, morphic hammers will be used (the total time to smith + gather hammers earns the same xp/hour as normally, but half the gold is needed):

32.5k mithril bars, a 1.8k each = 58.5M coins. Thus around 15 hours for the combatant to collect.

Now the problem would be smithing them, but lets say this method is around 250k xp/hour (which is pretty low): that means for the 3.3M xp we need it takes around 13 hours to smith.

Finally agility might pose a problem, a level from 75 is needed. This is around 1.2M xp. Being slow to level (30k xp an hour at these levels) this would take another 40 hours.

Summing all time needed:

72 + 71+ 15 + 13 + 40 = 210 hours.[/b]

The difference between someone who levels equally, and someone who didn't is: 250 hours needed to become elite, vs 210 hours needed (and now I was really exaggerating the time needed for the combatant, and since I assumed the skiller had 92 summoning: was reducing the time for him - also I didn't include slayer, but this would even make the skiller fall more behind on average).

There still is a 40 hour difference - or a "20% gab" between a well rounded character and a character who's only combat based.

And really is "85 in all skills + 91 fishing" 20% worse than "88 herblore 95 pray, rest 1"

Wow, you're right, in a hypothetical situation that you just pulled out of your ass with no relevance to reality, the elite diaries really are biased against skillers! :roll:

uhm which situation was not relevance?

I made the statement:

Those who went for combat stats at most have the task disproportional easier than those who went for even stats

Then I was given a counter argument that I wasn't right and thus demanded for some "proof".

So what I did was an example calculation for a person with even stats at lv 85.. VS someone who went for combat (and thus had the prayer & herblore requirements)..

Also it shows that the prayer requirements are by far the most difficult requirements to get.

138 hours when earning 1M/hour.. Or 55 hours when earning 4M (which is impossible unless you have the prayer requirement already)..

This update again makes the gab bigger between those who levelled prayer & herblore already, and those who still are lowish prayer/herblore!

Then they came for me

I made the statement:

Those who went for combat stats at most have the task disproportional easier than those who went for even stats

Here are two people.

Person A: Level 3, 34 total level

Person B: Level 3, 34 total level

For player A to get to X stats, it will take him Y hours. Person B can do the EXACT SAME METHODS and achieve the stats in Y hours, or he can do a different method and take an additional Z hours.

All players start off even in this game, and anyone can do anything. It is not possible for requirements to be "biased" or of "unfairly disproportional difficulty".

uhm which situation was not relevance?

I made the statement:

Then I was given a counter argument that I wasn't right and thus demanded for some "proof".

So what I did was an example calculation for a person with even stats at lv 85.. VS someone who went for combat (and thus had the prayer & herblore requirements)..

Also it shows that the prayer requirements are by far the most difficult requirements to get.

138 hours when earning 1M/hour.. Or 55 hours when earning 4M (which is impossible unless you have the prayer requirement already)..

This update again makes the gab bigger between those who levelled prayer & herblore already, and those who still are lowish prayer/herblore!

Yeah, you're right, the update gives an unfair advantage to people who already trained their skills to the required levels! :roll: