07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

5 Lapalok tasks...

Seriously... >.>

Kill Bork....

...I killed him before the system update. >.>

Other then that im really liking the update.

Those two are the only tasks I find to be a pain.

Den, I'll tell you an easier way :P

Mazchna until 10th task, then lapalok for the 75 point task bonus, I cancelled all tasks, got noobie ones ;)

*Facepalm* Cant believe I didnt think about that. :P I kept trying to figure out how you got those 75 points so fast. Will do that. Thanks. |^_^|

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having trouble with the extreme ranging potion? I made the potion in the guild, and the game showed me that the diary was updated. When I drank it though, nothing happened.

Do you have to make the potion completely from scratch, or be standing somewhere specifically?

Anyone having trouble with the extreme ranging potion? I made the potion in the guild, and the game showed me that the diary was updated. When I drank it though, nothing happened.

Do you have to make the potion completely from scratch, or be standing somewhere specifically?

You have to make the regular ranging pot from scratch

1) Dwarf (unf) + Zammy wine

2) Grenwall spikes

3) Drink

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Apparently nobody noticed, but Ardougne Cloak got upgraded as well.

[hide=Ardougne Cloak 4 Rewards]When worn:

Unlimited teleports to the Farming patch north of Ardougne

Operate cloak to restore all of your Summoning points once per day

Replaces junk from the Fishing Trawler with more useful items

Small chance of making two rune crossbow limbs at a time when smithing one in Yanille

At all times:

Bert will deliver 120 buckets of sand to your bank per day

Also:

Experience lamp - 4 x 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 85[/hide]

The new rewards are pretty crappy though.

If you are like me, when getting higher herblore, you probably have a few thousand special restore pots. Now that EE can heal 400, each potion has the potential of healing 400 LP. Not to mention, I have so many that I don't value these potions as being worth anything. When I need healing, and am not using claws/etc, I might just start using spec rest pots. (I might even bring 2 with me to frosties instead of a few fish)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Okay, here are my thoughts on the rewards of each diary. There's a lot of text.

[hide]

Varrock armour 4

When worn:

Five free bolt enchantments per day (up to and including ruby bolts)

At all times:

Zaff's apprentice, Naff, will sell you up to 80 battlestaves per day

Varrock's estate agent offers half price housing costs

Bork's drops are more generous

Access to the log storage boxes near the Fired Up beacons

Also:

Experience lamp - 3 x 40,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 88

Experience lamp - 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 65

The free bolt enchantment is a little odd, but I suppose it could come in handy. 80 battlestaves a day is good, of course. Half price housing is nice. I'm curious as to how much more generous Bork's drops are, but Bork was good before the boost, so it's a good reward. I don't know why we need storage boxes for beacons if we already have an adze, but I'm sure some player will come up with an emergent way to exploit them someday.

Ardougne cloak 4

When worn:

Small chance of making two rune crossbow limbs at a time when smithing one in Yanille

At all times:

Also:

Experience lamp - 4 x 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 85

A few new rewards. Restoration of summoning points is interesting, though not incredibly useful. I don't know if the fishing trawler and rune limbs rewards are new, but both seem kinda useless. 120 buckets of sand a day was never interesting. The elite cape was always worth getting, though, due to the farming patch tele.

Falador shield 4

When worn:

Operate shield to restore all of your Prayer points twice per day

Operate shield to help locate the giant mole in its lair beneath Falador Park

Chance of getting a mole nose drop from the giant mole, which Wyson will trade for higher value nests

At all times:

A +2 boost to Prayer when using the altar in Falador Castle

Ability to convert the altar to Zaros by using the ancient hymnal on it

Also:

Experience lamp - 2 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 90

Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 84

Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 72

If it's a right-click option, the two prayer restorations could make the shield useful for slayer tasks (in place of a prayer potion). Locating the mole might be useful (mole is fun to do now and then). I definitely don't want to equip the shield every killing blow when mole hunting, so the last mole-related reward is pretty useless. Having a Zarosian altar in Falador castle would be cool for novelty's sake, but a digsite pendant is probably just as fast for switching to curses (but why would I not be on curses?). Rewards aren't too bad, all in all.

Fremennik sea boots 4

When worn:

The Dagannoth Kings will drop some noted items

Deal more damage to the Dagannoths Kings

Gain access to a new area in Jatizso mine (someone there will also turn your ores into notes)

At all times:

Option to toggle the need for a seal of passage on Lunar Isle (talk to Chieftain Brundt)

Further improved rate of gaining approval on Miscellania and Etceteria

Ability to toggle lyre teleport destination to Jatizso or Neitiznot (talk to Olaf the Bard)

Also:

Experience lamp - 40,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 89

Experience lamp - 4 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 86

Depending on how much extra damage is done to the kings, these could be the new staple footwear at DKs. The mine's usefulness depends on what the ores are. Ability to tele to Neitiznot or Jatizso is potentially very useful. Good rewards overall, I think.

Karamja gloves 4

When worn:

25% chance of receiving double tickets in the Brimhaven Agility Arena

Double damage against wild dogs in Brimhaven Dungeon

Access to a Brimhaven Dungeon shortcut to the red dragons

At all times:

Once per day, if killed in the Fight Caves or Fight Pits, you will be resurrected on the spot

A gift of 40 apples a day from Dell Monti, north of the POH portal in Brimhaven

Lapalok awards extra Slayer points for completed assignments

Once per day, the TzHaar banker will give you 8,000 TokKul

Also:

Experience lamp - 2 x 55,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 87

Experience lamp - 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 64

Double tickets from the agility arena seems useless. Double damage against dogs is useless. shortcut to red dragons might be nice as an alternative way to make money, but only if the shortcut is an instant jump from the beginning of the dungeon to the dragons. Resurrection in the fight caves is pretty cool -- it might just save you someday (I misread this reward as being only for the fight pits when I first posted in this thread). 40 apples a day is completely useless, and I can't imagine why that was added. Extra points from Lapalok is useless; it should be extra points from ALL slayer masters. 8k tokkul a day is cute, but mostly useless.

I won't discuss the Lumbridge ring, as it's still only useful for the cabbage patch teleport.[/hide]

EDIT: Forgot Seers'. I'll remedy that in 30 minutes or so.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So far I've did the Seers, varrock, and I will be able to do the fally one when my magic tree grows. Now I am working on doing the Ardy one that I never even tackled until this point. Still need higher smithing though for ardy elite :-(

Low_C.png

The prayer requirement seems really high compared the the other levels needed. Conspiracy from the maxed people to make more profit from their bones?... who knows.

Wouldnt it be from the lower levels, because they are the ones hunting the most dragons?

I can see raging over that enchanted bolt effect increase from the pure/pker community.

We've been screwed over enough times by jagex for it to have lost all meaning.

Plus, high melee stats + 70 def and prayer, none of you guys will be able to attack us anyway.

O.O

Okay, here are my thoughts on the rewards of each diary. There's a lot of text.

[hide]

Varrock armour 4

When worn:

Five free bolt enchantments per day (up to and including ruby bolts)

At all times:

Zaff's apprentice, Naff, will sell you up to 80 battlestaves per day

Varrock's estate agent offers half price housing costs

Bork's drops are more generous

Access to the log storage boxes near the Fired Up beacons

Also:

Experience lamp - 3 x 40,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 88

Experience lamp - 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 65

The free bolt enchantment is a little odd, but I suppose it could come in handy. 80 battlestaves a day is good, of course. Half price housing is nice. I'm curious as to how much more generous Bork's drops are, but Bork was good before the boost, so it's a good reward. I don't know why we need storage boxes for beacons if we already have an adze, but I'm sure some player will come up with an emergent way to exploit them someday.

Ardougne cloak 4

When worn:

At all times:

Also:

Experience lamp - 4 x 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 85

A few new rewards. Restoration of summoning points is interesting, though not incredibly useful. I don't know if the fishing trawler and rune limbs rewards are new, but both seem kinda useless. 120 buckets of sand a day was never interesting. The elite cape was always worth getting, though, due to the farming patch tele.

Falador shield 4

When worn:

Operate shield to restore all of your Prayer points twice per day

Operate shield to help locate the giant mole in its lair beneath Falador Park

Chance of getting a mole nose drop from the giant mole, which Wyson will trade for higher value nests

At all times:

Also:

Experience lamp - 2 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 90

Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 84

Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 72

If it's a right-click option, the two prayer restorations could make the shield useful for slayer tasks (in place of a prayer potion). Locating the mole might be useful (mole is fun to do now and then). I definitely don't want to equip the shield every killing blow when mole hunting, so the last mole-related reward is pretty useless. Having a Zarosian altar in Falador castle would be cool for novelty's sake, but a digsite pendant is probably just as fast for switching to curses (but why would I not be on curses?). Rewards aren't too bad, all in all.

Fremennik sea boots 4

When worn:

The Dagannoth Kings will drop some noted items

Deal more damage to the Dagannoths Kings

Gain access to a new area in Jatizso mine (someone there will also turn your ores into notes)

At all times:

Option to toggle the need for a seal of passage on Lunar Isle (talk to Chieftain Brundt)

Further improved rate of gaining approval on Miscellania and Etceteria

Ability to toggle lyre teleport destination to Jatizso or Neitiznot (talk to Olaf the Bard)

Also:

Experience lamp - 40,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 89

Experience lamp - 4 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 86

Depending on how much extra damage is done to the kings, these could be the new staple footwear at DKs. The mine's usefulness depends on what the ores are. Ability to tele to Neitiznot or Jatizso is potentially very useful. Good rewards overall, I think.

Karamja gloves 4

When worn:

25% chance of receiving double tickets in the Brimhaven Agility Arena

Double damage against wild dogs in Brimhaven Dungeon

Access to a Brimhaven Dungeon shortcut to the red dragons

At all times:

Once per day, if killed in the Fight Caves or Fight Pits, you will be resurrected on the spot

A gift of 40 apples a day from Dell Monti, north of the POH portal in Brimhaven

Lapalok awards extra Slayer points for completed assignments

Once per day, the TzHaar banker will give you 8,000 TokKul

Also:

Experience lamp - 2 x 55,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 87

Experience lamp - 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 64

Double tickets from the agility arena seems useless. Double damage against dogs is useless. shortcut to red dragons might be nice as an alternative way to make money, but only if the shortcut is an instant jump from the beginning of the dungeon to the dragons. Resurrection in the fight caves is pretty cool -- it might just save you someday (I misread this reward as being only for the fight pits when I first posted in this thread). 40 apples a day is completely useless, and I can't imagine why that was added. Extra points from Lapalok is useless; it should be extra points from ALL slayer masters. 8k tokkul a day is cute, but mostly useless.

I won't discuss the Lumbridge ring, as it's still only useful for the cabbage patch teleport.[/hide]

Did you forget the seers headband?

Jagex made the specials of bolts occur less often a while ago, hopefully this will remedy that.

Been using the new effect for a few hours now at clan wars. I notice [bleep] all about it. They occur just as much as always. POS reward is POS.

Converting the white knights over to Zaros? :shock:

allied with zaros to fight lucien of course

a_final_name.png

It's a little sad that godswords are almost entirely obsolete now.

Dragon claws > AGS

Seers 4 EE > SGS

Anything > ZGS

Wow, now that you mention it, thats really lame.

BGS is the most useful godsword now, being pretty much a requirement for any pro corp team (unless you are wasting your money on a SWH)

lalalasig2.png

It's a little sad that godswords are almost entirely obsolete now.

Dragon claws > AGS

Seers 4 EE > SGS

Anything > ZGS

Wait a minute, given anything > ZGS does that mean that... Bronze dagger > ZGS? :blink:

On a more serious note YAY they finaly released em, I can't believe that they doubled enhanced excaliburs healing O_o thats just incredible. I know other people have already said that but wow. That could probably BE someones food for most slayer tasks, even more then it used to.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

I don't think double xp on the dogs is really that good. They're low level so the base xp isn't that high. Plus you'll get interrupted a lot.

It's really just incentive to train / slay in Brimhaven more. The primary deterrent to training in Brimhaven is 1) transportation and 2) dogs. Since dogs give added xp now they might be worth to kill them when they bother you. Transportation was also addressed in this update.

1M FLETCH XP TO GO FML

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

does double damage on brimhaven dogs translate to beastly xp/hour for camping dogs?

They don't have high HP and the spawns aren't close together so I doubt it. Maybe ranging with knives/darts would be good since they hit low and fast making low hp less of a problem plus you don't have to run between spawns.

quit