07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

I went mole killing drop rate seems 1/10ish

molenose.png

Loot from first one - Seed nest - Banana seed

Loot from second one - Seed nest - Apple tree seed

To sum up the new mole nose loot - regular tree seed nests & not worth it ;)

You had to wear the shield to get the nose, right? Is the locating function any good?

Don't have to wear it no i kept switching to defender.

Shield is good it tells you where it is for example "The shield pulls south-west".

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my chameleon hasn't hatched after a day... am I overlooking something that I have to do, apart from putting it in the incubator?

does having a baby pet currently stop it from hatching?

It grows on time logged in, so try to stay logged in for an hour or so (or so I believe), logging in to check and then logging out gives it no time to grow ;)

For most of the Elites I can't do 1 or 2 of the tasks, how annoying haha, but atleast it gives me some incentive to train up some skills! Think i'll focus on dungeoneering till 85, then slay all the Frost Dragons that I need to get 95 Prayer and hopefully get some decent drops in the mean time to pay for Herblore and Summoning. Fishing is just going to have to wait a bit, can't stand it!

For most of the Elites I can't do 1 or 2 of the tasks, how annoying haha, but atleast it gives me some incentive to train up some skills! Think i'll focus on dungeoneering till 85, then slay all the Frost Dragons that I need to get 95 Prayer and hopefully get some decent drops in the mean time to pay for Herblore and Summoning. Fishing is just going to have to wait a bit, can't stand it!

Remember you'll get plenty of effigys from Frosts ;)

Remember you'll get plenty of effigys from Frosts ;)

Oh that'll be lovely! :D

Although I don't enjoy taking a day out of normal RS-ing time to try and get effigy assists :(

You have to have 93 slayer and the fire cape OR bought the ability with slayer points.

Don't forget you can boost stats too. You can wild pie to kill the Wryms at 88 slayer (provided you bought the ability to kill or had a fire cape). Did my wyrm task @ 91 slay.

Same thing for the RC task. I plan to do mine @ 87 RC. +4 boost isn't to uncommon from evil stews and sure as heck beats getting the 2-3M extra RC XP needed from 87-91 to do the task.

Considering that you need to turn 28 essence into 56 nature runes, and that you need to get the +4 boost in the first place, how are you going to carry it out? Best I can figure is getting the boost in a bank, then tabbing to nature altar and unloading an extra rune essence from a familiar. But that leaves quite a margin for error, doesn't it?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Does killing a dagannoth with balmung work now? I've read in this topic that it might be glitched. If so, where do I need to go kill it? I'm not sure where I can find the dagannoth that can be used for this task.

Does killing a dagannoth with balmung work now? I've read in this topic that it might be glitched. If so, where do I need to go kill it? I'm not sure where I can find the dagannoth that can be used for this task.

Apparently Lighthouse Dagannoth work for the diary.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You have to have 93 slayer and the fire cape OR bought the ability with slayer points.

Don't forget you can boost stats too. You can wild pie to kill the Wryms at 88 slayer (provided you bought the ability to kill or had a fire cape). Did my wyrm task @ 91 slay.

Same thing for the RC task. I plan to do mine @ 87 RC. +4 boost isn't to uncommon from evil stews and sure as heck beats getting the 2-3M extra RC XP needed from 87-91 to do the task.

Considering that you need to turn 28 essence into 56 nature runes, and that you need to get the +4 boost in the first place, how are you going to carry it out? Best I can figure is getting the boost in a bank, then tabbing to nature altar and unloading an extra rune essence from a familiar. But that leaves quite a margin for error, doesn't it?

Take a stew with you, rest of inventory pure essence. Also an abyssal lurker, filled with pure ess. Drop your stews when you have the desired boost and take pure ess for full inventory.

or stew@the alter, drop bowl take ess from familiar.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Actually I was planning on having 1 Stew, 1 Spice Jar, 1 Nature Tab, and 25 Essence in my inventory at Edgeville Bank. I would already have an Abyssal Titan filled with ess before I even started potting.

So all you would need to do when you got the boost is:

1) Use Nature Tab

2) Drop Bowl

3) Drop Spice Container

4) Take BoB. (BoB option would be set as primary option so you don't have to right click)

5) Click on alter.

You should be able to complete all of the above in about 5-10 seconds from the boost.

Actually I was planning on having 1 Stew, 1 Spice Jar, 1 Nature Tab, and 25 Essence in my inventory at Edgeville Bank. I would already have an Abyssal Titan filled with ess before I even started potting.

So all you would need to do when you got the boost is:

1) Use Nature Tab

2) Drop Bowl

3) Drop Spice Container

4) Take BoB. (BoB option would be set as primary option so you don't have to right click)

5) Click on alter.

You should be able to complete all of the above in about 5-10 seconds from the boost.

Another good tip is to first pot another stat [ex use a str pot] then wait for the stat to drop 1 level and then stew giving you the maximum time boosted

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Noted bones means being able to bring steel titan to kill prime instead of bringing yak?

A yak would still be very helpful to bank drops and hides aswell as being able to do alot longer trips, but this allows you to switch to steel titan/unicorn near the end of the trip for a longer trip/slightly more kills. Nothing revolutionary, but certainly helpful. I'm actually more interested in the increased damage part of it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Noted bones means being able to bring steel titan to kill prime instead of bringing yak?

Titan is actually not very good against prime, because prime has high defense. Surprisingly it's good against supreme. Obviously still better than just a yak though.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top