07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

I really hope this doesn't impact prices to the drops considering I'm very close to getting my yak and the number one thing i wanted to do was dk's.

Not really. The people that have the stats for Frem Elite already can kill DK's really fast anyway. Plus you really only should use a steel titan for the second half of your trip

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this doesn't impact prices to the drops considering I'm very close to getting my yak and the number one thing i wanted to do was dk's.

Not really. The people that have the stats for Frem Elite already can kill DK's really fast anyway. Plus you really only should use a steel titan for the second half of your trip

Cannons there are awesome, 2 or 3 with cannons stand in middle and tribrid :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Cannons there are awesome, 2 or 3 with cannons stand in middle and tribrid :P

Or you could just solo tribrid with a cannon....? I don't know why'd you want to share your profit with 2-3 people considering you will not be killing them at a dramatically faster pace. I think the bigger aspect of the steel titan would be the 15% melee def as you can more easily tank rex then, but the damage on rex/prime is nominal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Or you could just solo tribrid with a cannon....? I don't know why'd you want to share your profit with 2-3 people considering you will not be killing them at a dramatically faster pace. I think the bigger aspect of the steel titan would be the 15% melee def as you can more easily tank rex then, but the damage on rex/prime is nominal.

I don't understand why you would ever tank rex for a long time... at worst he's only supposed to hit you 1-2 times if you lure. I don't think there's a good reason not to lure (the time spent is easily worth the HP saved)

I imagine a steel titan method would involve speccing out supreme and prime, and instead of doing a 2.5 method a full-on tribrid method would be possible.

Also note that titan specs almost totally miss rex.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You'd tank rex to be able to do full tribrid, obviously. Normally, when solo tribriding, you'd get hammered by rex when trying to kill him in the middle and prime spawns, but with ~60 more slash def you wouldn't have to waste the time to lure rex and mess up prime spawn(it's very important for prime to attack you just as he spawns). I'm fairly sure that would be the major ability a steel titan gives you as the additional damage wouldn't be great(supreme is the fastest to kill anyway).

I would test the titan out, but there are 2 problems.

1. I don't have members anymore

2. I don't have the skills for fremmy elite

So I can't update my guide on using steel titan unless someone else provides me the info. I wouldn't imagine it being good since the main obstacle to speed is rex, with cannon and rapier destroying prime/supreme in seconds. If I were to guess, I would image a wolpertinger would be better to hit rex compared to a steel titan on prime.

You'd tank rex to be able to do full tribrid, obviously. Normally, when solo tribriding, you'd get hammered by rex when trying to kill him in the middle and prime spawns, but with ~60 more slash def you wouldn't have to waste the time to lure rex and mess up prime spawn(it's very important for prime to attack you just as he spawns). I'm fairly sure that would be the major ability a steel titan gives you as the additional damage wouldn't be great(supreme is the fastest to kill anyway).

Why would you do full tribrid anyway? Not only is mutlibrid easier, but its far more profit.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Finished up the Lummy hard diary and found out that you have to craft 100 or more water runes without your explorer ring on. Crafted 100 and 102 with it on and got nothing, took it off and craft 100 and ta-da.

Now thats odd... I had the ring on and didn't have any problems. The code must be looking at what you would have made without the ring, whether you are wearing it or not.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Why would you do full tribrid anyway? Not only is mutlibrid easier, but its far more profit.

Because it's actually not easier. On task, i can already do ~2,8 brid but have to lure rex as rex+prime is the worst combo to have on you. If i had the luxury of being able to stay in the middle to kill rex(melee deflect+ss flick) and not screw up spawns, it'd be easy to do full tribrid or have rex as the limiting factor. People usually tank supreme already, being able to tank both supreme and rex would be extremely helpful. I don't know about the profit, but considering i can already get 85 kills an hour without all the new additions, i doubt it's much better, if better at all.

I've done Falador elite tasks and got the shield 4,

***now, how i do change to Zaros prayers or back to normal ?***

it's only recharing my prayer points...

EDIT: do i need something special ?

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Use the Ancient Hymnal from the Temple at Senntisten quest on the Falador Altar.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Use the Ancient Hymnal from the Temple at Senntisten quest on the Falador Altar.

Thanks, so i have to talk to the Mahjarrat Azzanadra at the Temple to receive the book.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

I'm pretty disappointed the elite items don't follow the same stat progression as the lower level ones.

For example, ardy cloak 4 should have +8 stab and prayer bonus, but it's exactly the damn same as ardy cloak 3.

Agreed. And the only benefit that I know of from completing ardougne elite is unlimited allotment teleports, which isn't all that useful unless speed is everything to you.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm pretty disappointed the elite items don't follow the same stat progression as the lower level ones.

For example, ardy cloak 4 should have +8 stab and prayer bonus, but it's exactly the damn same as ardy cloak 3.

Agreed. And the only benefit that I know of from completing ardougne elite is unlimited allotment teleports, which isn't all that useful unless speed is everything to you.

Since when did 200K xp not mean anything :shock:

sigcopyaf.png

I don't understand why you would ever tank rex for a long time... at worst he's only supposed to hit you 1-2 times if you lure. I don't think there's a good reason not to lure (the time spent is easily worth the HP saved)

I imagine a steel titan method would involve speccing out supreme and prime, and instead of doing a 2.5 method a full-on tribrid method would be possible.

Also note that titan specs almost totally miss rex.

During the first few days after the release of Blood Runs Deep, when you could use the short-cut, I was playing around with a Black Salamander at DKs. Thanks to the respawn times, it's actually not significantly slower than Claws of Guthix / Fire Surge in terms of kills per trip, if you're only killing Rex. The ammunition is much, much cheaper, even when you factor in the cost of prayer potions.

During the first few days after the release of Blood Runs Deep, when you could use the short-cut, I was playing around with a Black Salamander at DKs. Thanks to the respawn times, it's actually not significantly slower than Claws of Guthix / Fire Surge in terms of kills per trip, if you're only killing Rex. The ammunition is much, much cheaper, even when you factor in the cost of prayer potions.

It's definitely a lot slower than overloaded/SoL/stream firesurge.

sigcopyaf.png

Thanks, so i have to talk to the Mahjarrat Azzanadra at the Temple to receive the book.

I believe it's in your POH bookcase.

This is a great addition to the diaries, I think. I have looked forward to the Elite diaries and now when they're finally here I hope to play them soon. Even though I will probably have to train some skills first :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I did the varrock one at the weekend, needed to stew my smithing though as I'm level 86 not 88.

I think the only other one I can do is lumbridge hard lol. Not gonna get 95 prayer any time soon and I'm too low a level to boost the herblore and runecrafting tasks for the others.

Was fun but the prayer requirements seem ridiculously high compared to the other tasks. I have a slight feeling that it's a conspiracy by the maxed players to make more profit from their bones lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I did the varrock one at the weekend, needed to stew my smithing though as I'm level 86 not 88.

I think the only other one I can do is lumbridge hard lol. Not gonna get 95 prayer any time soon and I'm too low a level to boost the herblore and runecrafting tasks for the others.

Was fun but the prayer requirements seem ridiculously high compared to the other tasks. I have a slight feeling that it's a conspiracy by the maxed players to make more profit from their bones lol.

lol what about the runecraft requirements.... no way in hell im ever gonna get 80+ l

lol what about the runecraft requirements.... no way in hell im ever gonna get 80+ l

then your rc level will never be "elite" according to jagex' definition. I wonder if they'll bring out "elite quests" rather than these mid-level "grandmaster quests"