07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

Just a thought about Karamja Gloves 4.

Since we do double damage to Wild Dogs, it would make them the fastest effigy droppers (This is assuming that all monsters have an equal rate of dropping an effigy).

1) You'd still kill dagannoths MUCH faster.

2) effigie droprates are VERY different for all monsters, 1:>1500 for dagannoths, 1:~350 for frost dragons, 1: ~90 tormented demons. VERY different(they even said it on the original post).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little sad that godswords are almost entirely obsolete now.

Dragon claws > AGS

Seers 4 EE > SGS

Anything > ZGS

Wait a minute, given anything > ZGS does that mean that... Bronze dagger > ZGS? :blink:

Only if its a Jagex Bronze Dagger!

A pandora's box of bronze killing action!

OT: That's cool that they finally released them, I guess I'll do Lumby hard, and then work my way up to the rest. Eventually.

It's a little sad that godswords are almost entirely obsolete now.

Dragon claws > AGS

Seers 4 EE > SGS

Anything > ZGS

Wow, now that you mention it, thats really lame.

BGS is the most useful godsword now, being pretty much a requirement for any pro corp team (unless you are wasting your money on a SWH)

Fortunately for AGS owners, usefulness does not dictate price.

O.O

i got 2 questions..

1) Karamja

Make a pyre ship from magic logs

(any bones will work ? and how many?)

2) Fremennik

Equip a TzHaar fire cape while standing within TzHaar City

(where ? i've been standing and waiting, still nothing)

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

1) Karamja

I used mangled bones from inside the whirlpool.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

i got 2 questions..

1) Karamja

2) Fremennik

Equip a TzHaar fire cape while standing within TzHaar City

(where ? i've been standing and waiting, still nothing)

They're the other way round but nvm, you need chewed or mangled bones for the pyre ship. Try taking it off and putting it on again.

I have a feeling since I only got 15 points for a Lapalok task yesterday (haven't done another since) it may only apply to 10th and 50th tasks

It's also worth noting for the 75 points at lapalok tasks that means a 10th task, you cant do 5 tasks for your 75, it doesn't work that way for the diary ;)

Thanks for that. :thumbup:

Kill an ice strykewyrm (you do not need to be assigned this as a Slayer target for this task)

What.

That means, go to the cave and Kill a ice Stryke.. Not sure if you need the previous Fire cape/2k points .. hm :-k

You do. I don't; I tried but couldn't do any damage on them, despite being 94 slayer.

I could tolerate making the fire cape a prerequisite for one of the diaries. But having it for multiple diaries (Karamja & Fremennik) is pure Jagex [cabbage]hookery.

You have to have 93 slayer and the fire cape OR bought the ability with slayer points. I do think it's a bit stupid to make a mini game reward a requirement for a diary (funny how they left out void gear with Fally), I understand killing Jad is logical after needing to kill a Ket-Zek for the hard section.

imevil.jpg

I can only complete seers and lumby. The others i need a few more lvls for 1 or 2 tasks.

I find it a little bit too much about having/getting levels instead of achieving things. (yeah, i know, lvls are an achievement)

But most things are a joke if you allready hapen to have the lvl.

What i liked about the lower leveled diaries that they actually made you do stuff that was equally annoying to high and lower lvls.

(like catching the rats)

Anyway, not a bad update, but they could have been a little bit more creative when picking the tasks.

I have a feeling since I only got 15 points for a Lapalok task yesterday (haven't done another since) it may only apply to 10th and 50th tasks

It's also worth noting for the 75 points at lapalok tasks that means a 10th task, you cant do 5 tasks for your 75, it doesn't work that way for the diary ;)

Thanks for that. :thumbup:

Kill an ice strykewyrm (you do not need to be assigned this as a Slayer target for this task)

What.

That means, go to the cave and Kill a ice Stryke.. Not sure if you need the previous Fire cape/2k points .. hm :-k

You do. I don't; I tried but couldn't do any damage on them, despite being 94 slayer.

I could tolerate making the fire cape a prerequisite for one of the diaries. But having it for multiple diaries (Karamja & Fremennik) is pure Jagex [cabbage]hookery.

You have to have 93 slayer and the fire cape OR bought the ability with slayer points. I do think it's a bit stupid to make a mini game reward a requirement for a diary (funny how they left out void gear with Fally), I understand killing Jad is logical after needing to kill a Ket-Zek for the hard section.

You can use a cannon if you don't have a fire cape and haven't bought the ability.

Hegel.png

How's the mining spot you access where you can note your ores?

2 Mithrils and 3 Adamants. Its just a rope-balance away from the rest of the mine. (South East Corner)

Can easily mine rocks in the main dungeon then walk over to the guy and note your ores.

2 Mithrils and 3 Adamants. Its just a rope-balance away from the rest of the mine. (South East Corner)

Can easily mine rocks in the main dungeon then walk over to the guy and note your ores.

Yeah not generally worth it and would they even respawn before you mined them all? :mellow:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Ardy, Fremmy, Seers, Lumby and Varrock done...

Still need 80 mining for falador and 91 rc for karamja, grr, maybe I'll get karamja in 10 years or so.

And the rewards aren't too motivating either, can't even compete with effigies.

Yeah not generally worth it and would they even respawn before you mined them all? :mellow:

aren;t there like...12 other adamant rocks in that dungeon? It seems like a very logical place to mine addy now with the guy that notes them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You have to have 93 slayer and the fire cape OR bought the ability with slayer points.

Don't forget you can boost stats too. You can wild pie to kill the Wryms at 88 slayer (provided you bought the ability to kill or had a fire cape). Did my wyrm task @ 91 slay.

Same thing for the RC task. I plan to do mine @ 87 RC. +4 boost isn't to uncommon from evil stews and sure as heck beats getting the 2-3M extra RC XP needed from 87-91 to do the task.

This diary comes out right when the xp weekend ends and I get can get my 95 prayer. Then it turns out you need 88 (+5 boost) cooking and 85 (+5) fishing <_<. Well, 95 prayer is sorta nice.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I went mole killing drop rate seems 1/10ish

molenose.png

Loot from first one - Seed nest - Banana seed

Loot from second one - Seed nest - Apple tree seed

To sum up the new mole nose loot - regular tree seed nests & not worth it ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I went mole killing drop rate seems 1/10ish

molenose.png

Loot from first one - Seed nest - Banana seed

Loot from second one - Seed nest - Apple tree seed

To sum up the new mole nose loot - regular tree seed nests & not worth it ;)

You had to wear the shield to get the nose, right? Is the locating function any good?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.