07-Sep-10 Elite Diaries!

Toad

And now it's time to watch prayer supplies shoot through the roof again.

And the only diary I can complete is the Seers one (got 92 herb with BXPW) - good thing that one appears to be the most useful. I mean, added chance of bolt specials, and twice the healing from EE. (Well, and the Lummy hard one, but that doesn't really count.)

Also....

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RC REQUIREMENTS

a70c7.png

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I can't do any of the new ones mainly because Prayer is still insanely expensive. That Jad requirement angers me, but I've elected not to care anymore since the only things worth getting appear to be the Excalibur and Fremmy boots. The Fight Caves creator won out on his or her sissy argument over making it a requirement for something, so really I don't care anymore. I can't do Jad and I'm not going to get in a rage-storm over it. Would much rather prepare for the big herblore crash that I'm planning on dropping 100m or so on.

Meh, I can't do any of the new ones mainly because Prayer is still insanely expensive. That Jad requirement angers me, but I've elected not to care anymore since the only things worth getting appear to be the Excalibur and Fremmy boots. The Fight Caves creator won out on his or her sissy argument over making it a requirement for something, so really I don't care anymore. I can't do Jad and I'm not going to get in a rage-storm over it. Would much rather prepare for the big herblore crash that I'm planning on dropping 100m or so on.

Firecape for ice strykewyrms was just stupid, but sorry it just makes sense for Karamja elites. After all you need to kill a Ket-Zek for the hard diary, so it follows that the elite would require Jad.

By the way anyone know what the hell the deal is with the Varrock diary where it says you have to make a Dagon'Hai's mind control spell backfire? NO idea what the hell that is talking about.

The prayer requirement seems really high compared the the other levels needed. Conspiracy from the maxed people to make more profit from their bones?... who knows.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Varrock armour 4

When worn:

Five free bolt enchantments per day (up to and including ruby bolts)

At all times:

Zaff's apprentice, Naff, will sell you up to 80 battlestaves per day

Varrock's estate agent offers half price housing costs

Bork's drops are more generous

Access to the log storage boxes near the Fired Up beacons

I can buy 3 prayers levels to do this....I want to find out Bork's extra drops

By the way anyone know what the hell the deal is with the Varrock diary where it says you have to make a Dagon'Hai's mind control spell backfire? NO idea what the hell that is talking about.

Just talk to the leaders in the cave... they will cast emote spells to make you dance or something... but if your magic level is high enough, they will dance instead.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Im glad to see they were very gentle with this update. None of the tasks look particually painfull to do. Tedius sure but not terribly annoying.

I mean I dont want to have to kill stuff like 3 drag kings, kaphite queen, king black dragon etc. All its asking me to do is basically wear the cape I have already got and hey presto! Done.. NIce.

I only skim read through the tasks though so there might be some difficult one there I not seen.

Why is Lapalok now better than Kuradal for points? Fremennik diary should have upped the points she gave too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why is Lapalok now better than Kuradal for points? Fremennik diary should have upped the points she gave too.

Agreed. Either that or the Karamja diary should increase points for all slayer masters.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Achievement diaries just got interesting. And no, they were not that interesting before.

Too bad I fail at skill levels and won't be ready till next year for this haha

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Im glad to see they were very gentle with this update. None of the tasks look particually painfull to do. Tedius sure but not terribly annoying.

I mean I dont want to have to kill stuff like 3 drag kings, kaphite queen, king black drageon etc. All its asking me to do is basically wear the cape I have already got and hey presto! Done.. NIce.

I only skim read through the tasks though so there might be some difficult one there I not seen.

I find it disappointing there are no such tasks in the diaries, it is elite after all...

Also, some skills are left out:

- hunter (they could have added the lvl 95 butterfly)

- construction

- dungeoneering

Agreed. Either that or the Karamja diary should increase points for all slayer masters.

+1

<_<

Free 764,000 xp. I'm on it.

I can see raging over that enchanted bolt effect increase from the pure/pker community.

But, seriously, screw them... about time Jagex caters to us, the high level skiller.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'm suprised people think that the seers one has the best rewards. Look at karamjan elite diary rewards:

Double damage against wild dogs in Brimhaven Dungeon - Faster slayer tasks completed if you do them.

Once per day, if killed in the Fight Caves or Fight Pits, you will be resurrected on the spot - Able to do Tzhaar tasks and choose to kill jad because no matter where he spawns you're at least safe to die once, and i think the hardest part is always when he spawns.

Lapalok awards extra Slayer points for completed assignments - hmmm interesting how much more points does he really give?

Once per day, the TzHaar banker will give you 8,000 TokKul - everyone will be able to get an onyx in a year LOL.

Eh, at least it gives me something to aim for....:P

I'm suprised people think that the seers one has the best rewards. Look at karamjan elite diary rewards:

Double damage against wild dogs in Brimhaven Dungeon - Faster slayer tasks completed if you do them.

Once per day, if killed in the Fight Caves or Fight Pits, you will be resurrected on the spot - Able to do Tzhaar tasks and choose to kill jad because no matter where he spawns you're at least safe to die once, and i think the hardest part is always when he spawns.

Lapalok awards extra Slayer points for completed assignments - hmmm interesting how much more points does he really give?

Once per day, the TzHaar banker will give you 8,000 TokKul - everyone will be able to get an onyx in a year LOL.

Most people don't do dog slayer tasks. A good Jad-Slayer never has to fear dying to him anyways as with the proper equipment, it's mathematically impossible for him to kill you in two hits. Factor in the fact you're protecting from one attack (50% of the time his attack will fail) and the fact that he very likely won't hit his maximum twice consecutively, there's really nothing to fear here. Slayer points from assignments might be worthwhile but Kuradel's dungeon significantly boosts the rate of slayer experience and you can't use it with Lapalok tasks. Also, a lot of people would have to redo their block lists, costing 200-400 points, if they were using Kuradel and switched to Lapalok. 8,000 Tokkul is the equivalent of killing about 10 TzHaar. Considering you have to wander all the way to the TzHaar city for it, it's really nothing much.

Who on earth uses brimhaven dungeon anymore? If you're of a level to complete this diary, you'll be using kuradels.

Jad update is meh... it's very rare that 1 respawn will help. I guess it depends at what hp you respawn. Most people seem to think that it's when the healers come that it's most difficult. If you respawn at low HP, they'll still be able to KO you.

People don't slay for slayer points, they slay for nice tasks/xp. If they want best points, they'll still use the second worst master for 9 tasks then Kuradel for the bonus XP on the 10th. I severely doubt that Lapalok will be better than that.

Tokkul = apparently nice, but it'll take a while before you actually get any benefit

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Is it just me or are the tasks really glitched? Just had to cut ruby and enchant a ruby ammy twice. And now I just rced over 100 water runes and it didn't give it to me, are regular rune ess required?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I mean I dont want to have to kill stuff like 3 drag kings, kaphite queen, king black dragon etc. All its asking me to do is basically wear the cape I have already got and hey presto! Done.. NIce.

That's because you already have the skill requirements. I'd rather fight the KQ hundreds of times than get all those reqs.

Some skill requirements are just ridiculously high. Meh, I didn't do hard diaries, can very well survive without these too anyway.

signaturemw.png