15-Sep-10 Z-Buffering

Toad

They changed the classic game loading bar we have had since the beginning of RS2 :(

That's not classic. I still remember the grey loading bar with the old Jagex logo on Runescape Classic.

This new loading screen beats both by a mile. Oh wait I forgot... this is the Runescape Community and nostalgia comes first.

Classic since the beginning of RS2, not runescape classic itself. And yes, nostalgia does come first :)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They changed the classic game loading bar we have had since the beginning of RS2 :(

That's not classic. I still remember the grey loading bar with the old Jagex logo on Runescape Classic.

This new loading screen beats both by a mile. Oh wait I forgot... this is the Runescape Community and nostalgia comes first.

Classic since the beginning of RS2, not runescape classic itself. And yes, nostalgia does come first :)

If nostalgia came first we would still be playing side scrollers.

Please, think before you type.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So relevant! Can anyone else making it a posting habit to have 99% flames/1% content?

I for one, like the new loading screens. Because I play Runescape. I feel they add a sleek look to the game. Because I play runescape, and everyday, I will look at these often. Because I regularly play Runescape.

So relevant! Can anyone else making it a posting habit to have 99% flames/1% content?

I for one, like the new loading screens. Because I play Runescape. I feel they add a sleek look to the game. Because I play runescape, and everyday, I will look at these often. Because I regularly play Runescape.

So let me get this straight, you play Runescape?

I wish I could make such content-heavy posts like yours. :(

I'd rather not.

Yes, I do play runescape. And I also enjoy the new loading screen. However, I do not enjoy the new potion's graphic. I hope they change it back.

That's just my two cents on this online forum for voicing you're opinion.

The load screens remind me of wow, they are neat for a little while but once you've seen them all they get boring.

The potions do look a little funny but it's not gamebreaking and I can't really see a difference in the font.

Overall I'm excited for what this will bring and hope they update all of the current game content aswell as bring out gorgeous new stuff.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Yes, I do play runescape. And I also enjoy the new loading screen. However, I do not enjoy the new potion's graphic. I hope they change it back.

Are you sure you play Runescape? Your post didn't really sound like it.

(By the way, it's "your opinion" not "you're opinion")

I'd rather not.

I can tell.

The load screens remind me of wow, they are neat for a little while but once you've seen them all they get boring.

WoW invented loading screens with artwork and tips? Hmm, time to tell every other MMO developer that they are copying WoW too, as well as Valve for Team Fortress 2, as well as <insert any game here>. Thanks for breaking this news.

Are you sure you play Runescape? Your post didn't really sound like it.

I'd rather not.

I can tell.

WoW invented loading screens with artwork and tips? Hmm, time to tell every other MMO developer that they are copying WoW too, as well as Valve for Team Fortress 2, as well as <insert any game here>. Thanks for breaking this news.

No, it's just people have an obsession with comparing RS to WoW because WoW is the biggest MMORPG (offtopic - that acronym needs to be changed) out there. It probably happens for the same reasons that Canadians will compare themselves to Americans.

Overall, I don't think this update will be "good" until they fix out the glitches (you knew they were coming) and come up with more content using Z buffering.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You COMPLETELY misread what he said. Being reminded of something is not the same as claiming something. English 101.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You COMPLETELY misread what he said. Being reminded of something is not the same as claiming something. English 101.

Shady is a pro about ranting about other people's posts.

No, I was referring to you. You are purely opinion, or the embodiment of it. Lack of post value, content, and overall meaning are a surefire sign of this.

My Prayer Book has lost it's Saradomin icon, now it just looks like a normal book. <_<

No, I was referring to you. You are purely opinion, or the embodiment of it. Lack of post value, content, and overall meaning are a surefire sign of this.

Nice damage control. I'm sure that's what you intended. :lol:

Shady is a pro about ranting about other people's posts.

Ranting? I'm pretty sure I just make fun of dumb posts. :thumbup:

If he was reminded of a specific game that means he relates that feature to a specific game. In other words, he's ignorant.

Seems like you guys enjoy arguing, you try pretty hard ;)

It probably happens for the same reasons that Canadians will compare themselves to Americans.

Canadian's ARE Americans. You are refering to the residents of the USoA though [/troll]

Personally I'm eagerly awaiting Jagex to make good on their 'promise' of multi-user emotes.

1yrb49.jpg

I notice that my ass no longer pokes through capes when I am harpooning fish, FWIW.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Seems like you guys enjoy arguing, you try pretty hard ;)

I just enjoy seeing what [cabbage] you're gonna pull out of your ass next.

This update has caused a huge speed up for my game. Used to have to have my settings around the mid range, now I can have everything on, including x4 AA, and be at 50 fps in most areas.

Edit: My laptop also doesn't get anywhere near as warm as it used to before the update.

Earlier this morning, I witnessed invisible players. The only things I could see were the damage splotches, their weapons moving in air and their shadows. This was in Kuradels dungeon.

If I were of the PvP mindset, Id be extra careful about my settings and my back.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Earlier this morning, I witnessed invisible players. The only things I could see were the damage splotches, their weapons moving in air and their shadows. This was in Kuradels dungeon.

If I were of the PvP mindset, Id be extra careful about my settings and my back.

Something similar happened to me yesterday while I was Dungeoneering. My team was fighting the Gravecreeper when he suddenly disappeared; we couldn't see or attack him, but we were still getting hit ourselves. We ended up having to leave the boss room, and the Gravecreeper reappeared after we all logged out and back in again. It happened a second time before we could kill him, though, so that boss fight was quite a pain. Heh.

I certainly hope this can be resolved soon.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Earlier this morning, I witnessed invisible players. The only things I could see were the damage splotches, their weapons moving in air and their shadows. This was in Kuradel's dungeon.

If I were of the PvP mindset, I'd be extra careful about my settings and my back.

Something similar happened to me yesterday while I was Dungeoneering. My team was fighting the Gravecreeper when he suddenly disappeared; we couldn't see or attack him, but we were still getting hit ourselves. We ended up having to leave the boss room, and the Gravecreeper reappeared after we all logged out and back in again. It happened a second time before we could kill him, though, so that boss fight was quite a pain. Heh.

I certainly hope this can be resolved soon.

That happened to me and the team I was in last weekend. Same boss and everything. When he used the grave special attack, we all teleported out and he never re-appeared. The first time we all had to log out and in to see him, the second time 2 people logged out and then he re-appeared. Don't think it has anything to do with this update.