15-Sep-10 Z-Buffering

Toad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something seems to be wrong at mithril dragons, the black box is mine but the strange blackness around the mith's is not. :ohnoes:

2q069zb.png

Thought the Z-Buffer is suppose to stop render issues :L

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Thought the Z-Buffer is suppose to stop render issues :L

why would you think that

it stops the snapping in and out of objects.

But alot of RS was already graphically designed to compensate for that in some areas.

But now that RS is in Z-buffering mode, naturally, older pieces of content will not work well graphically.

It was only logical that alot of older content would look weird when we moved over.

Jagex will fix it eventually, and meanwhile Z-buffering means we'll be able to get wider combat stances, and bigger animations.

Naaxi.png

There is a bug or glitch elvolving public, clan chat and actions. I have typed many messaged and pressed ENTER to send it to public or clan chat, VERY OFTEN it has not. And i recently experienced despite 3 actions of attempting to tele with glory, that actions is ignored too (Glory was charged.

Anyone else experiencing this?

They should make a code in the dev console that is sooooooo long and requires painstaking typing in order to spawn an item in your inventory that does absolutely nothing at all.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Is everyone's FPS capped at 50? Anyway to raise it?

Mines drifting from 36-50 depending on where I am and what other players are doing, cape emotes brings up a particle counter for example

I got a 51 for a moment (Trollheim, near a person with a Tortoise)

There is a bug or glitch elvolving public, clan chat and actions. I have typed many messaged and pressed ENTER to send it to public or clan chat, VERY OFTEN it has not. And i recently experienced despite 3 actions of attempting to tele with glory, that actions is ignored too (Glory was charged.

Has happened to me before the update, but that's only if the messages are sent in under a second in between each.

Tested it out, and that's still the case for me.

I rarely have anything against the images of the items in the inventory ... but this time ... WHAT THE HECK HAS HAPPENED TO THE POTIONS (insert a good rage emoticon in here)

EDIT: I think they've changed the water on low detail, it's not plain blue now.

Has happened to me before the update, but that's only if the messages are sent in under a second in between each.

Tested it out, and that's still the case for me.

Even the messages that i sent seconds after previous ones did not appear. So i don't know.

System Update...

This is to fix several issues encountered with today's update.

- Fixed a client crash when attempting to pickup items.

- Romeo is back in Varrock!

- Melzar's Maze should be completable once again.

- Chat spam settings have been put back to their previous settings.

- Adjusted the code to deal with equipping bound items when entering dungeons.

- Fixed the colour changing code for Clan Chat.

- Vertically aligned the loading screen images.

Also, fixed an issue where you couldn't get your rewards for completed court cases.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wierd :mellow:

i just typed in my username and pass, clicked on the login button, and my screen just went white,and it stays white even after i restarted my pc and tried again :unsure:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

This is awesome. I can once again play with all settings on without being all choppy and laggy.

Can't wait to see the improved animations for the Ancient spell book now that the animations aren't limited to one square.

After the update, the console is saying "Build: 619", before it was 618

Looks like this increases with every system update.

Now, anyone really really bored here?

Find out when was the console added to the game(build 1) :thumbsup:

Apparently it is now possibly to blow up lit barricades with explosive potions. :P

Said so in the update, but it didnt mention the lit part.

glad they fixed that, it was rather annoying =\

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I don't understand the displeasure with the potions... but the seals from the agility pyramid are now blank, featureless slabs.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Apparently it is now possibly to blow up lit barricades with explosive potions. :P

Said so in the update, but it didnt mention the lit part.

glad they fixed that, it was rather annoying =\

I'm actually surprised they "fixed" that. Intentionally lighting your own barricades to stall your opponents (usually when they're trying to rush through your base's defence) is a well-established strategy. Meh.

Anyway, this update sounds great! I can't wait for the new and improved animations that are bound to come out now. :thumbup:

I do find it a bit annoying that they decided to mess with item inventory images again, though. This has happened a few times in the last year, and the quality of the images always seem to decrease; it's never an "improvement", from what I can tell.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Alright, with OpenGL rendering, I now have confirmation of 50fps while standing in the GE, and everything looks kinda like Condor's sig.

DirectX rendering has a bit smother, less extreem look, hovers at 48fps, and dives to 15 fps while turning the camera anywhere.

I'll stick with OpenGL

Ground deccoration seems to have taken the biggest hit, along with brick walls, as now light catches the edges most dramaticly.