15-Sep-10 Z-Buffering

Toad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the smaller updates this week, still dont understand the reason behind keeping the Wild wall, Just get rid of it? or keep for pvp and bh worlds? as for the commands, i personally dont get it?

I hate the new text, i hate some of the new item looks. I.e Ammys, and the Slayer Cape

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Due to the z-buffer changes, the Wilderness ditch no longer looked right (in fact it looked rather unsightly). As such, the ditch has been filled in and a low wall has been built in its place. The positioning and path of the wall follows where the ditch was, and you can still jump over it as quickly as you could the ditch.

IOW, they had an opportunity to remove the Ditch of Shame and decided to replace it instead with a wall. I love this company!

We've enabled access to our developer console to allow players a small selection of commands, which you may prove useful in tracking down the cause of more technical issues with the client on your computer. Just hit the back quote key (`), also known as the grave accent key, which is found left of the '1' key on most QWERTY keyboards. Input 'help' into the developer console for more information and a list of available commands.

Which will play havoc with anyone who uses dead keys for typing accented characters. Why not just shut down the French servers altogether?

I quite like the new splash screens.

FWIW, FPS hovering at about 25 (standing in the GE); pegging 50 standing in my POH with the familiars off screen - 30ish when they are romping in my field of view.

It's also nice that I can see the client downloading cache in the background (98.67% of 100%).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

A lot of icon glitches, lots of them appear to be broken.

Like my Goblin teleport sphere's. :P

Kinda like how my elf teleport crystals look though.

84741883.png

I like the smaller updates this week, still dont understand the reason behind keeping the Wild wall, Just get rid of it? or keep for pvp and bh worlds? as for the commands, i personally dont get it?

It's to prevent pointless luring and excessive whining from noobs who don't know what the Wilderness is.

priest_wiz.png

Just hit the back quote key (`), also known as the grave accent key, which is found left of the '1' key on most QWERTY keyboards

I guess that means "tilde" is a North American colloquialism. :shades:

A tilde is "~" :)

ivo2pe7.gif

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?herb

^^ A herblore cost/xp calculator. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cleaning herbs has the values switched at the moment, but the fix has been submitted.

We've increased the selection of farming seeds available in the Vinesweeper reward shop.

Torstol seeds?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Just hit the back quote key (`), also known as the grave accent key, which is found left of the '1' key on most QWERTY keyboards

I guess that means "tilde" is a North American colloquialism. :shades:

A tilde is "~" :)

I have been lied to! :rage:

imevil.jpg

I'm pretty sure the loading screen image is the one the artist was working on at runefest!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was right. Sorry for the blurynessr, it was taken on my phone while I was on my way to one of the Insider Sessions.

imag0080e.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hmm I think I got a better idea why 'software' or 'safe' mode even in lowest detail looks completely glitched to me since release and still today. My framerate in that mode is 8 while standing in poh not near any pets but in opengl or directx its just 35-50 (max) framerate while in max settings.. It goes lower end when I go near my zoo lol. Then back up to 50 on other side of house. I bet it still goes down to 5-10 near g.e though lol. Those other modes obviously cant handle resolution or something.

Seems like a very nice update. I not too sure if its made it faster yet but if thats true thats great too.

Patch Notes

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Re-carpeted the Poison Arrow Pub as it'd got a bit scruffy after RuneFest.

Ensured a starfish is present in all graphics modes on Mudskipper Point.

Adjusted the investigators coat so it doesn't clip with various other cloaks.

Adjusted the shield reward from Conquest (Void deflector) so it's clearly visible in lower detail graphics settings.

Wizard Grayzag's hat should no longer occasionally interfere with chat.

Prevented clipping with various items and obsidian capes.

Removed a stretching issue with the Void outfit when ranging.

Adjusted the naval top so it doesn't render over amulets.

Play the correct animation when cage fishing.

The mudskipper hat should no longer add hair to bald men.

Adjusted the papaya sapling inventory icon.

Corrected a problem with the some of the base player kit when fishing.

Re-enforced some of the walls between the Mining Guild and Faladors east bank to better combat subsidence.

Fixed some of the Cryptic Clue Fest II reward gear to work better with aprons.

Remodelled the hats from Mobilising Armies to work better with haircuts.

Retextured the frozen fortress area used in the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest series.

Scoped versions of the maple and magic longbow now have strings in their pullback animation.

A rug in Brimhaven no longer disappears in lower detail modes.

Adjusted Third Age clothing during fishing animations to prevent clipping issues.

Adjusted some of the textures used around the Fight Arena.

Prevented Veracs plateskirt disappearing while youre resting.

Fixed the inventory icon for small nets.

The H.A.M. badge now correctly renders over the cloak.

Adjusted the various level bound versions of vambraces as their colours were slightly wrong.

Audio

Adjusted the music unlock hints for a few tracks.

Ensured two music tracks are played near Daemonheim.

Quests/Achievement Diaries

Removed the shadows from the trail you need to follow in A Void Dance.

Prevent the spawning of two Dagannoth mothers.

Adjusted the Watchtower quests logic so that players who've completed it can always enter Gu'Tanoth.

Changed some chat in In Search of the Myreque to make a bit more sense when chatting to Curpile Fyod.

Fixed an issue where free players who'd completed Love Story couldn't progress with one of the Lumbridge Achievement Diary tasks.

Adjusted the script for the various spells found on the Lumbridge Achievement Diary reward (explorers ring), so that it continues to work and the interface doesn't close after the first couple of casts.

Fixed a typo in the Seers Village Achievement Diary chat.

Sir Kay now gives the correct information about the elite version of the Seers headband.

The skavid cave will now properly recognise the elite Seers headband as a light source.

The Karamja Achievement diary correctly checks for members when travelling by boat to the island.

Activities/D&Ds

Better handling when players take-x bandages from the tables in Soul Wars.

Explosive potions can now be used on Castle Wars barricades to help destroy them.

Prevented both Castle Wars flags being dropped on the same square.

Corrected an issue with one of the Castle Wars shield reward costs, as it was too expensive.

Added members information for the faithful shield skill guide entry.

Added extra checks in case you disconnect while entering the Conquest challenge room.

Added checks in the Conquest lobby area to double-check player combat levels.

The Void Knights will now correctly display the new reward options and interface.

Corrected the requirements on the various Barbarian Assault reward items in the skill guides.

Corrected an issue when talking to Professor Oddenstein about Court Cases.

Corrected a few typos in Court Cases.

Fixed an issue in PvP Worlds near the Monastery.

Miscellaneous

Corrected several typos in the Adventurer's Log.

The various coloured dragon leathers can now be found more easily on the Grand Exchange (d-leather expanded to dragon leather).

Allowed some types of meat to be sold for a slightly higher price on the Grand Exchange, including spit-roasted meats.

The chef's hat has been added to Varrocks costume store.

Adjusted the checks when luring and knocking out NPCs in the Thieves Guild.

Stopped a zombie monkey from walking up a wall. (Bad zombie monkey, bad!)

Adjusted the code teleporting players between the Wilderness portals.

You should now be able to interact with your adult tooth creature in your POH.

Explained why you can't make flat packs with Chef's Delight from your POH kitchen in more detail.

Added further checks when planting mithril seeds.

Fixed the mouseover info for the Clan Chat leader from the Lobby.

Ensured a fairly even distribution of cut-able cacti in the desert, for all your water needs.

Correctly handle using frost dragon bones in the Ectofuntus grinder. The message didn't previously make much sense.

Blocked more of the water off around the Void Knights Outpost.

You can now rest after using a skillcape emote.

Adjusted some of the op text on the Report Abuse interface.

Added the Advisor system while in the Lumbridge Catacombs.

Fixed an engine problem where the player is apparently following someone when they clearly aren't.

Iron and steel dragons now take advantage of the hill skew feature.

Dungeoneering

Capped one of the level checks in a new challenge room as you can't boost your base prayer level.

The smuggler no longer confuses YkLagor the Thunderous and the runebound behemoth.

Clarified the Augury reward description regarding the bonuses it provides.

Some of the new challenge rooms within the occult theme didn't get randomly assigned to free-players in the previous three themes.

Corrected a problem with some of the combat code used by Lexicus Runewright and his book barrage.

Primal swords will no longer lose their tier information when bound.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

I guess RS doesn't have a 60 Hz refresh rate option, but only 50.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Corrected a problem with some of the combat code used by Lexicus Runewright and his book barrage.

I hope this means that his book barrage no longer appears wherever you have run to if he uses it as he teleports, that's annoying <_<

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."