4chan DDoS's some anti-piracy sites.

Howlin0001

But if you buy then more trees get cut down for money and the banks computers have to run a little bit harder to keep the new data. :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://craphound.com/?p=3071

Watch at least one, and then consider what it is that he does: in a post scarcity world, he gives away his work. And yet, he is an artist, and he makes a living.

I bought his last book, For The Win: highly recommended to any RS player, or anyone under the age of 30. (Although my father, who is considerably older than that, enjoyed it as well).

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Looks like another DDoS against the RIAA is planned for Oct 29th as retribution for the very recent shutting down of Limewire. What's really sickening is that it looks like they are also planning personal attacks on the CEO of the RIAA and his wife.

http://images.4chan.org/new/src/1288244644293.png

What? Somebody did the internet a huge favour taking down limewire, that thing was the scourge of the internet and everybody using it. It's probably been one of the main ways these people were getting their claws into others people's computers to actually do these attacks.

Whoever shut off limewire, I salute you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

DoSing someone elses service is wrong even if it's not illegal.

But some of the movie studios are hiring criminal organisations to DoS torrent sites. http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-outfit-threatens-to-dos-uncooperative-torrent-sites-100905/ as far as I'm concerned if you hire someone to engage in criminal activity you share an equal blame. I really can't blame people for fighting back, you can't attack someone and expect to get away with it and that's exactly what's happening now the pirates are retaliating so although I don't agree with DoSing the pirates do have my sympathy. I think it would be better for the pirates to maintain the moral high-ground and refrain from stooping to the vigilante tactics employed by the copyright industry.

I honestly believe the next world war will be over copyright.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

What? Somebody did the internet a huge favour taking down limewire, that thing was the scourge of the internet and everybody using it. It's probably been one of the main ways these people were getting their claws into others people's computers to actually do these attacks.

Whoever shut off limewire, I salute you.

I know right. I mean.. I never understood why anyone would use Limewire.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

So the [cabbage] is about too hit the fan now I think (pardon my French). They just DDoS'd a US government department.

As part of its ongoing punishment of any institute or company that defends copyright, Anonymous has now taken down the website of The United States Copyright Office. The group managed to take copyright.gov offline for half an hour. After that the website started to respond again slowly, with occasional outages.

In the last two months, dozens of anti-piracy groups, copyright lawyers and pro-copyright outfits have been targeted by a group of Internet ‘vigilantes’ under the flag of Operation Payback.

The operation began in September with DDoS assaults against the MPAA, RIAA and anti-piracy company AiPlex Software. The latter was picked as the first target because the outfit openly admitted to DDoSing several torrent sites, allegedly including The Pirate Bay.

Those DDoS attacks were later replicated against many other targets that have spoken out against piracy or for copyright, and last weekend the attacks came full circle when the RIAA website was taken down for three straight days.

Today, Anonymous continued their operation with a new target, and this time it’s a high profile one – The United States Copyright Office. The attack started at 3 PM GMT and took down the site for half an hour, after which it partially recovered. At the time of writing copyright.gov is very slow and barely accessible.

Anon’s Announcement

copyright-gov-anon.jpg

The United States Copyright Office is an official U.S. government body which is responsible for the country’s copyright registrations. In addition, the Office is also involved in administering copyright legislation and promoting copyright protection.

Similar to the UK’s Intellectual Property Office which was DDoSed last month, copyright.gov was chosen as a target because it is “Perpetuating the system that is allowing the exploitative usage of copyright and intellectual property,” according to Anonymous.

In addition to the DDoS attacks, Anonymous has also announced “real life” demonstrations in various countries to protest “against censorship and attempts from government entities to control the Internet.” These protests are scheduled to take place on November 5.

Source

The United States Copyright Office is an official U.S. government body

Hmm I think it's not going to get any better any time soon and this might work in the US governments favour.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I want to go to the real life events and punch a few people. Honestly, they are just targeting anybody who feels they shouldn't be able to get everything for free now. Spoiled little brats. As if they cannot already get enough for free. They disgust me and make me ashamed to be an internet user as we all seem to get lumped in with groups like this.

What I do find funny is that they think they are having the desired effect. However, the outcome will more than likely be the opposite. These companies will become even more resilient and determined.

Overall, words cannot describe how [developmentally delayed]ed these guys are at this point.

Edit: Hit an Anon day?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Always rely on Anon to be the ones to ruin it for everyone. If they lead to draconian restrictions on internet use, who will they blame?

Everyone else, of course.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Always rely on Anon to be the ones to ruin it for everyone. If they lead to draconian restrictions on internet use, who will they blame?

Mask's rage is building! Mask's attack rose!

When is this "hit an anon day"? Are groin attacks restricted in any way? Can I get in trouble for doing so or is it not okay?

:razz:

When is this "hit an anon day"? Are groin attacks restricted in any way? Can I get in trouble for doing so or is it not okay?

Anon is genderless; which is to say that they're all unemployed males from the ages of 12 to 30, with a high probability of living in their parent's basement.

Knocking these losers in the groin, in my opinion, is perfectly acceptable. Scratch that, I encourage it.

I like getting paid for creating stuff. These freeloaders ... yeach.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Anon is genderless; which is to say that they're all unemployed males from the ages of 12 to 30, with a high probability of living in their parent's basement.

Knocking these losers in the groin, in my opinion, is perfectly acceptable. Scratch that, I encourage it.

I like getting paid for creating stuff. These freeloaders ... yeach.

On their rally thing, only 12 people have voted to say they will go to the London rally. Not worth the effort, one security guard can handle all of them. Hell, even Cameron could handle them. Honestly, if they ever held a full protest with over 100 people, I would organise an opposing protest.

Edit: When was Anon actually formed as a thing?

zqXeV.jpg

I can fully understand why this group are doing what they are doing. Their desires are noble, but they are going about it in completely the wrong manner. The correct way to tackle abuse of the legal system is by joining groups like the EFF and using the proper channels to leverage change.

The end result of these DoS attacks will be that the targets simply step-up their infrastructure to the point where anon don't make a dent. With the availability of cloud infrastructure it is becoming very economical to put sites online that are capable of withstanding huge denial of service attacks. I love services like Amazons s3, cloud front and ec2 because they drive innovation to combat DoS attacks which I consider a threat to freedom of speech.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

The tools for conducting DDoS attacks are also getting more sophisticated.

But I partially agree: really, they need to work towards something, instead of just angrily lashing out.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Ebaums. Always the scapegoat.

So, if protesting piracy leads to absurd regulations, the logical scapegoat to attack instead of the pirates themselves is... A guy that was famously caught infringing copyrights?

Ebaums. Always the scapegoat.

So, if protesting piracy leads to absurd regulations, the logical scapegoat to attack instead of the pirates themselves is... A guy that was famously caught infringing copyrights?

Sure, why not?

Although I do believe that Ebaums is used because it can actually be passed as believable, but I have a feeling some sort of "for t3h lulz" motive is there too.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao, you guys realised it was for about 2 minutes? Seriously. Then afterwards /b/ was just extremely giddy and excited by what had happened. Like if there's a crash on the road and you're excited about seeing the damage and telling people what happened.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I always thought of 4chan as some extremely random image /b/oard where people spam pr0nw4rz.

But after reading this, wow... they're much more brutal than they appear :shock:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention