4chan DDoS's some anti-piracy sites.

Howlin0001

I do not support 4chan. What I see is a bunch of immature 15-year-olds pretending they have some value to the world. They pretend they don't need to belong, but they're flocking into these groups together. Nonconformists conform to nonconformity.

I do not support piracy. It's illegal for a reason - you're stealing content that needs to be payed for. If all movies were free, no good movies would be made because there would be no funding and anyone intelligent would stay away from the industry.

I confess that I do watch pirated movies on occasion, and a good deal of the music I listen to is on Youtube. When legitimate industries can provide content that's as easy and efficient as piracy, then the websites will die off on their own. Until then, they are breaking the law, and it is stealing, so quit whining about it and start saving for a Netflix subscription.

You'd be surprised at the demographics of people on 4chan. They also don't pretend that they don't need to belong, many do belong, and are normal people. I don't know who told you that 4chan is full of wanna-be non-comformists, but this isn't the case.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised at the demographics of people on 4chan. They also don't pretend that they don't need to belong, many do belong, and are normal people. I don't know who told you that 4chan is full of wanna-be non-comformists, but this isn't the case.

Your opinion on 4chan is terrifying. :ohnoes:

I do not support piracy. It's illegal for a reason - you're stealing content that needs to be payed for. If all movies were free, no good movies would be made because there would be no funding and anyone intelligent would stay away from the industry.

Piracy != petty theft. You're right in one regard, they're obtaining a product for free. However, there's a very specific distinction between petty theft and copyright infringement/piracy. Petty theft denies someone their product AND the funds that would have been earned. Piracy simply copies it and spreads it around. No physical product is lost.

And most piracy actually happens OUTSIDE most industrialized countries. I had a graph, let me find it again.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Yes, I know. Anonymous by definition doesn't fit any generalizations. I guess what I mean is that the 28-year-olds aren't the ones staging DDOS attacks, and the whole "power through numbers" thing is contradictory to the idea of Anonymous.

Nilfheim: The denial of funding happens when people in developed countries (us) decide to watch a pirated movie instead of buying it, renting it, or seeing it in theaters.

Yes, I know. Anonymous by definition doesn't fit any generalizations. I guess what I mean is that the 28-year-olds aren't the ones staging DDOS attacks, and the whole "power through numbers" thing is contradictory to the idea of Anonymous.

Nilfheim: The denial of funding happens when people in developed countries (us) decide to watch a pirated movie instead of buying it, renting it, or seeing it in theaters.

Why wouldn't any 28-year-olds be taking part in the DDoS attacks? All you do is set up a program and walk away, you don't need to be at the computer 8 hours a day.

When you got hundreds of thousands of random-ass dudes doing it at the same time, it'll mess up ANYBODY's day.

While I'm not a big fan of piracy in the first place, what the record companies do is not any better. They pump out this overpriced [cabbage] (Lady Gaga, Ke$sha, most rap artists, N-SYNC and their clones, Beiber, etc.) and expect people to want to pay $20 USD a pop for it? Screw you, and get your ears checked. I don't agree with 4chan very often, but on THIS particular issue, well...... Anyone got a spare Guy Fawkes mask?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

If it's any correlation, 4chan has been down since this afternoon. My god, it really is Web War I!

I say as Tip.it we should program massive web bombs to use just in case we get attacked.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

If it's any correlation, 4chan has been down since this afternoon. My god, it really is Web War I!

I say as Tip.it we should program massive web bombs to use just in case we get attacked.

This.

I say Tip.it should start DDOSing random IP adresses, tbh. We'll start with "00000000"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

If you have a bunch of people who are able and willing, then of course something like this would happen. But where I come from, ddosing really isn't big news.

Yeah, when you're dealing with a video game clan forum that affects 100 people. It's different when we're talking about enterprise websites for large corporations that get brought down.

This.

I say Tip.it should start DDOSing random IP adresses, tbh. We'll start with "00000000"

00000000 isn't a valid IP address. And random DDOSing? I'm sure that'll be a great idea once they take tip.it down for it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

This.

00000000 isn't a valid IP address. And random DDOSing? I'm sure that'll be a great idea once they take tip.it down for it.

Screw that. I don't care if it isn't logical and if we'll be overhwelmed by numbers. If this going to be The Great Web War, we should be Switzerland, except we attack everybody instead of attacking nobody.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

This.

Screw that. I don't care if it isn't logical and if we'll be overhwelmed by numbers. If this going to be The Great Web War, we should be Switzerland, except we attack everybody instead of attacking nobody.

First we need to make some allies...

How's RuneHQ doing these days? Or are the sites still rivals?

I was thinking the same thing. If we could unite all the Runescape fan sites, then all the MMORPG fan sites, then all the gaming fan sites, we would be able to survive the web war.

LOIC

where can I download one?

i want to join in the fight against copyright tyranny!

ARR maytey

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I was thinking the same thing. If we could unite all the Runescape fan sites, then all the MMORPG fan sites, then all the gaming fan sites, we would be able to survive the web war.

I don't know, I was a member of the GameFAQs forums for a while... Not sure they're worth saving :lol:

I don't know, I was a member of the GameFAQs forums for a while... Not sure they're worth saving :lol:

Well the plan is to ally with them at first and then destroy them after we don't need them anymore :lol: