29-Sep-2010 - Players' Gallery # 13

Den

Another month goes by and another mountain of artwork arrives on our desks. Yep, it's a hard job, but we love going through your artwork – the more quality submissions we get to see, the happier we are! This month's glorious collection brings us brooding dragons, hungry bunyips, pesky penguins and cooking catastrophes. We hope you like them too. One particular entry stood out to become this month's featured artist. Our congratulations go to Tyrutu, a regular contributor to the RuneScape art community. Their 'Tormented Demon' picture maintains every bit of this freakish beast's troubling visage, while using a cool and clear cartoon styling. It's a great piece of work, and so they've bagged themselves a month of free RuneScape membership and a certificate signed by a selection of J-Mods.

Oh, and one other thing... Starting this month, each gallery's featured artist not only bags some membership and a signed certificate, they also get an exclusive piece of signed concept art direct from the easels of RuneScape's Graphics team.

So, if you want to win a one-of-a-kind piece of bespoke RuneScape artwork, simply pick up your favoured art tools, create something original and polished then send it to us using the instructions on The Gallery - Feedback & Ideas forum thread. There you can also talk to other artists and share any artsy thoughts and tips you have.

Well, that's nearly all from us this month, except to invite you to head over to Players' Gallery 13 to see the full selection of pictures. Make sure you get working on some spooky stuff for the upcoming Halloween gallery – we can't wait to see what you come up with...

Mod Howes & Mod Emilee

Community Management

Link to Player Gallery 13: http://www.runescape...uid/gallery_13a

That tormented demon looks like something you'd think you'd hallucinate about while on acid. Holy crap. The Kimono Lady Concept looked really pretty, but it's a shame that kind of detail and beauty wouldn't be captured in the java game, let alone if they ever get around to releasing the Eastern Lands...

hzvjpwS.gif

Very nice pictures, although the tormented demon is... well, something else.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

The Tormented Demon picture is gross.

I really loved the Barrows Sister one, definitely has an Anime-Styled pose <3:

Interesting, I was impressed that it WASN'T an anime style image like they normally are lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I like Bunyips. Do you like Bunyips?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Tired of this politically correct BS. If the gender is unknown, "he" is the proper pronoun to use. None of this "their".

Pictures are very nice once again though :D

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've seen that Barrows Sisters picture like a few months ago. Very impressed it got on the Player's Gallery. Whats next? Female Lucien? Possible... :ohnoes:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Tormented Demon: Did not like it one bit, but each to their own.

Penguin Hunting: The amount of detail in there was good, but I'm not a fan of the style of the people, loved the penguin though XD.

I can has fish plz: top three - I don't know what it is with this one, I just like it =)

Red Dragon: Not too fond of dragons myself, and I felt it was rather drowned out by the other pictures that were there this time.

Cooking Blooper: Not as funny as the previous bloopers and drowned out by the others.

Kimono Lady Concept: Again, top three, probably my favourite, admitadly I perfer the Sharp lines of the other top ones over the (scanned and watercoloured (?)) art of this one but the detail was certainly superior here.

Untitled: Good, but like the Red Dragon, certainly drowned out by the rest.

Barrows Sisters: I liked this one a lot, top three actually, the colour scheme is a tad bland for my liking, but it fits the image so it works.

1yrb49.jpg

To be honest I'm not that fond of this month's gallery. Still a few fun pieces though :)

And maybe I'm being greedy but I find this a little annoying:

Oh, and one other thing... Starting this month, each gallery's featured artist not only bags some membership and a signed certificate, they also get an exclusive piece of signed concept art direct from the easels of RuneScape's Graphics team.

I can't imagine that Jagex will let a person be featured artist of the month more than once so previous winners will probably never have a chance of getting those new prizes (signed certificate, exclusive piece of signed concept art). Bummer :thumbdown:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

To be honest I'm not that fond of this month's gallery. Still a few fun pieces though :)

And maybe I'm being greedy but I find this a little annoying:

I can't imagine that Jagex will let a person be featured artist of the month more than once so previous winners will probably never have a chance of getting those new prizes (signed certificate, exclusive piece of signed concept art). Bummer :thumbdown:

Oh c'mon, I'm sure you could natter them enough for it. You did get the very first one, after all.

hzvjpwS.gif