Best Bassist ever

Escape5

Cliff Burton, ex-Metallica. Died in 1986 and had played on Metallica's albums Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

dam i hate when people do this lol. We know who the * he is. no need for facts to make yourself look cool.

Flea is one crazy * bassist. If you look him up on putfile and that vid is sweet.

James Jamerson

Cliff Burton was sweet bassist too like he said.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: not all people know who he is, especially with all the noobs on these messageboards, it was probably worth mentioning :roll: :roll:

cliff burton for me too

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

if your posting in "best Bassist ever" why wouldn't you kno who cliff burton is? but yeah i guess some emo good person kids don't know or some kid who only watches bands on mtv. :roll:

:roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm an emo, and I knew who he was... so stop being dumb and steryotyping

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the bassist from Tool whose name I cannot remember.

Justin Chancellor. He's a really weird bassist because he was actually a guitar player first. You can hear alot of that in his playing.

My favourite bassists would be Cliff Burton, Geddy Lee, Roger Glover, Jimmy Bain and John Entwhistle.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I for one didn'tt know who Cliff Burton is/was. I didn't know he was a bandmember from Metallica, and I didn't know he was dead. But then again, I guess I'm some "emo who only watches bands on MTV". " :roll: "

QUIT THE FREAKING ROLL EYES; THEY DON'T SUIT YOU!

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

Freddy Mercury from Queen, Bruce [bleep]inson from Iron Maiden, Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin and Rob Halford from Judas Priest are kick wagon vocalists.

Like we don't know those guys came with those bands. " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "

we.gif

There's a reason you'll barely ever see me using smileys...

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit, now before I start geting flamed for saying someone from Limp Bizkit, just remember that it's not the band Limp Bizkit you hate, it's the voice behind them.. Fred Durst, besides Wes left Limp and strated his own band and even did a few shows with From First to Last and recorded bass for their new album coming out in March. Also check out the band The Tragic, Jon Weisburg is an amazing bassist, he was the former bassist of FFTL.And also the bassist for Mudvayne is insane.

Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit, now before I start geting flamed for saying someone from Limp Bizkit, just remember that it's not the band Limp Bizkit you hate, it's the voice behind them.. Fred Durst, besides Wes left Limp and strated his own band and even did a few shows with From First to Last and recorded bass for their new album coming out in March. Also check out the band The Tragic, Jon Weisburg is an amazing bassist, he was the former bassist of FFTL.And also the bassist for Mudvayne is insane.

Isn't Wes the guitarist? Or does he do both?

Isn't Wes the guitarist? Or does he do both?

I think he may have done guitar, but he's an amazing bassist. But hey he was originally from Limp Bizkit, so oh well.

i'd say geddy lee or john myung.

just listen to yyz or metropoils from the bands they are in. metropolis has my favourite bass solo in.. and i've seen myung play it live.

i have rush in rio and watching yyz and thier other "soloish" stuff like 2112 just blows your mind. everyone in that band has enough talent to feed all the starving kids in africa

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Victor Wooten (who was inspired by Jaco...so you can make a case either way). He is a pioneer of many bass techniques such as the amazing double-thumbing.

Here's a link to a vid of him playing Amazing Grace. He starts of with just a nice solo. Then he goes into some faster stuff and ends up on Amazing Grace. This song is played on harmonics (technique originally spread by Jaco). He does some truly amazing things in this vid, so watch all the way through.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... tor+wooten

(It's google...safe link)

-------------

Second vid. Interested in some of the BEST slap bass/chicken-picking you've ever seen? Yeah, watch this vid. It's Vic and I think his bro who plays guitar having a sort of duet/battle.

http://www.planetvids.com/html/Amazing- ... attle.html

(Warning: That site contains some PG-13 material. Just in case you're worried)

--------------------------------

Watch these vids, especially the second one, before you try and convince me otherwise. Victor Wooten is an amazing bass guitarist.

panoramiadk9.gif

John Deacon or Roger Walters

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.