Exclusive Content

stonewall337

Personally I love high level/exclusive content. If I don't have the required levels, it encourages me to go for them. For updates which I honestly can't do (elite karamja diary - kill Jad task, for example) I move on. Sure I wish there was an alternative to that task, like purchasing an onyx gem with 2.7M tokkul and crafting an amulet of fury within the tzhaar city (90 crafting requirement), but I am completely fine with it

I have noticed more high level content over these last few months too, and I'm so glad Jagex have done this. For me, the best updates of the year would definitely be ancient effigies and extreme potions. Those two updates are amazing, and I couldn't thank Jagex enough for them. More high level content like that is what makes Runescape so much fun (for me at least). I hope it keeps coming :D

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runecrafting: Blood runes, fremmy/karamja elite diary

Agility: Agile armour, all shortcuts.

Firemaking: Adze

Hunter: Kingly imps.

Magic: All spells(barrage dem narbs)

Fishing: Fremmy elite

See you summer 2011 :thumbup:

Lol. Yes, I use my agile armor, fremmy elite rewards, adze, ability to craft bloods, and barrage spells ALL the time. I've never even SEEN a kingly imp, and puro puro is completely pointless unless you enjoy being bot-sniped. I don't have karamja diary yet, but it will not change my gameplay at all when I get around to it.

One of those things about high level content- it needs to actually be BETTER than low level content. Otherwise it's kind of an insult to people who have those levels. "LOLOL WE COULD HAVE MADE 91 RC WORTH SOMETHING AGAIN AFTER NERFING IT WITH THE DOUBLE NATS BELOW 91 UPDATE BUT INSTEAD WE MADE THIS CRAP! HOPE YOU LIKE RUNNING TO TZHAAR CITY EVERY DAY FOR 20K :3" Seriously, some of the high level content is mind-blowingly bad, including most of the elite level diaries.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Runecrafting: Blood runes, fremmy/karamja elite diary

Agility: Agile armour, all shortcuts.

Firemaking: Adze

Hunter: Kingly imps.

Magic: All spells(barrage dem narbs)

Fishing: Fremmy elite

See you summer 2011 :thumbup:

Lol. Yes, I use my agile armor, fremmy elite rewards, adze, ability to craft bloods, and barrage spells ALL the time. I've never even SEEN a kingly imp, and puro puro is completely pointless unless you enjoy being bot-sniped. I don't have karamja diary yet, but it will not change my gameplay at all when I get around to it.

One of those things about high level content- it needs to actually be BETTER than low level content. Otherwise it's kind of an insult to people who have those levels. "LOLOL WE COULD HAVE MADE 91 RC WORTH SOMETHING AGAIN AFTER NERFING IT WITH THE DOUBLE NATS BELOW 91 UPDATE BUT INSTEAD WE MADE THIS CRAP! HOPE YOU LIKE RUNNING TO TZHAAR CITY EVERY DAY FOR 20K :3" Seriously, some of the high level content is mind-blowingly bad, including most of the elite level diaries.

The fact that you don't use them doesn't mean they are not better than lower-levelled content. Many people don't use, say, miasmics, but they can be crucial to pvp lovers. Same with adze/agile/getting firecapes (Jad tasks are what, 55k xp/hr?).

Having said that, some high-level content is bad (chaotic shields (or are those mid-level?) and some parts of the diary rewards (most daily items)). The low level versions of these rewards suck even more though :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

even tho theres things i cant do, i still see them as low lvl content

the fact that they released content for 95-120 in a skill makes me happy, and yes seing as im 108 in that skill i have a right to be pleased at its high lvl aim

a_final_name.png

The fact that you don't use them doesn't mean they are not better than lower-levelled content. Many people don't use, say, miasmics, but they can be crucial to pvp lovers. Same with adze/agile/getting firecapes (Jad tasks are what, 55k xp/hr?).

Having said that, some high-level content is bad (chaotic shields (or are those mid-level?) and some parts of the diary rewards (most daily items)). The low level versions of these rewards suck even more though :P.

meh the only use of fremennik diaries is if you dk a lot

the only use of the karamja diary is none, really - after about 5 fire capes if you get to the point where you never die on jad bar disconnection.

As a high leveled player, personally I love it when Jagex releases content that requires levels higher than I have. I really couldn't be arsed to train fishing but now that a diary requires 96 fishing I'm actually going to (eventually) train it to 90 and pie it. At the same time I'll unlock rocktais, and cave morays as well. So that's good.

I've been waiting for more endgame content for ages. It seems that most other mmo's cater almost exclusively to endgame, but RS very little to not at all it would seem. Of course I'm not a big fan of games like WoW continually upping the max level in an expansion in almost what seems like nothing more than a cash grab, but I'd defiantly like to see a lot more high level quests.

Look at it this way, I have twice your total xp in 1 skill alone (Attack) and the same amount in several skills, including dungeoneering. If anything, the amount of xp for a 99 is rather on the low end. The reason higher "end" skills have any respect is because of the time to get them. If slayer capes were as common as strength capes, then they'd be far more boring.

If you only playing for the high scores, thats your problem.

See, the thing with skills as they are now is that there is such a thing as too much content to fill. When skills like runecrafting take hundreds of hours to get to 99, and jagex has the task of making quests of other things to fill in the grind. Theres simply too much to do and the majority of the skill will be a grind until jagex fills it up with new content.

And low level content doesn't get accessed by everyone---High and medium level players often ignore it completely.

I wasent aware desert treasure was ignored by high levels completely.

And just because noobs like you (nothing personal) can't access high level content, so what? Why is that bad? Why do you feel the need to be able to do everything I do? What makes you even think you DESERVE to have the same access?

I do think there should be a gradual shift to higher level content now, but when high levels look at the 70-80 skill requirements of void stares back, dismiss it as a noob quest, and then complain about how jagex doesn't make enough high level content...

They have to realize that high levels are currently not the majority. And from a buisness standpoint, jagex shouldn't be spending a disproportionate amount of time making content for the near maxed playerbase before they have filled up the mid level content. And making quests high level or low level has no bearing on how fun it is.

As for non quest content, yea im fine with that. But quite frankly theres enough already. I mean every skill has the stuff at 80-90+ that only they can access. Like double nats, overloads, higher level spells, turmoil, kingly imps, etc.

O.O

>Implying that anyone said Jagex should release high-level content the majority of the time.

Also, lol @ your example of a low-level quest. Desert treasure? Ancients are available to low-levels, too, and it's definitely not a high-level quest by any stretch of the imagination.

EDIT: WHOA, every skill has 90+ content? What are you smoking? Very few skills have anything useful passed the low/mid 80s. In fact, most skills only have 90+ content because of dungeoneering, and most of that goes unused by good players.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yea, its a low-mid level quest thats useful for everyone...

Just because its low level, doesn't mean its ignored by higher levels.

You're right. Thank you for providing us with a single example of a piece of content that helps players of all levels. =D>

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You're right. Thank you for providing us with a single example of a piece of content that helps players of all levels. =D>

Oh comon, quests have great rewards used by high level players, few of which are your definition of high level quests.

Ancient magicks, ancient curses, spirit shields (requires quest to weild), magic secateurs, neumerous teleports (like ectophial), things that help for dailys like hand in sand and RFD chest, RFD gloves, MTK, Jade vine, Penguins & Polar bears.

The list goes on.

O.O

Oh comon, quests have great rewards used by high level players, few of which are your definition of high level quests.

Ancient magicks, ancient curses, spirit shields (requires quest to weild), magic secateurs, neumerous teleports (like ectophial), things that help for dailys like hand in sand and RFD chest, RFD gloves, MTK, Jade vine, Penguins & Polar bears.

The list goes on.

I don't think people are detesting that there isn't enough useful content, rather that it would be good to have more exclusive content for those that are more experienced in the game. Also, exclusive content really isn't about purposely rejecting a group of people from gaining access to specific content, rather making people work for different levels of goals(consider working for piety vs. turmoil, dragon slayer vs. WGS). Right not, most of the achievements in this game are for the average player with very few examples of really exclusive content for the tip of the pyramid(which any player can and will reach given enough time), meaning alot of top players will eventually quit due to a lack of interesting content. I've already quit atleast 5 times because of this(and came back when jagex actually released something interesting).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

My OPINION on the matter:

All levels should have content. High-level content is not bad so long as there's stuff to do leading up to it, as opposed to doing the training method that shows up at level 70 until you get the uber-leet stuff at level 95.

All levels don't have content.

Thats why this thread shows up.

Whats the point in having a leveling system when the difference between somebody having 70 in a skill in 99 is an emote cape and perform 10% better at a minigame?

Dungeoneering is flop because it lets you skip around things.

High levels are simply a burden to that one guy on the team that has to do everything.

Your not rewarded for being able to open the doors nobody else can, instead your chastised for not opening them fast enough.

They should reward individual bonuses for those performances.

I should be getting double xp for making all the armour, opening all the doors, doing the most damage in the game, because I do more than the "pros" are capable of.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I don't have problems against high level content, I do however, have problems with high levels who continuously complain for more content.

I believe a lot of it is a mindset carried on from a year ago, when high-level content was few and far between and people were dying for a reason to still play the game. Lots of things now alleviate that, but if DG wasn't your cuppa, you might still be in the same boat as before. Dungeoneering changed the game. And the rest of the game is going to change...very, very slowly. I don't know about you, but I hate waiting. I can sympathize with those who whine, even if I don't always join in their chorus.

hzvjpwS.gif

My OPINION on the matter:

All levels should have content. High-level content is not bad so long as there's stuff to do leading up to it, as opposed to doing the training method that shows up at level 70 until you get the uber-leet stuff at level 95.

All levels don't have content.

Thats why this thread shows up.

Yes, and it's been discussed to death that there should be moderately useful stuff for that level at nearly every level, from 1 to 99. And we all know it.

Yet this thread keeps rearing its ugly head.... why? If you guys care so much about whether or not there should be exclusive and/or highlevel content, go talk to Jagex about it. Suggest it. Come up with ideas on stuff that would be useful, instead of going "OMG IS LOW LEVEL AND HAS NO USE. HATEHATEHATE.", or "OMG IS HIGHLEVEL AND HAS NO USE. HATEHATEHATE.", or even "OMG IS LOWLEVEL AND HAS A USE! MORE EXCLUSIVENESS PLOX. HATEHATEHATE.".

Tl;dr: Constructive criticism towards the author is better and more effective than continuous arguments about the same thing amongst the fanboys.

a70c7.png

oh god i already can foresee at least 100 flames in this thread

my opinion is this: no one forces you to do any content. when low-leveled quests with no good reward come out, i just don't do them because i don't really like quests. i am not offended or upset at jagex when these updates come out. likewise i feel like if, say, soul-rune crafting comes out at level 95 runecrafting, no one should get upset - you can just not train runecrafting, no one is forcing you to play that content.

Bet you....well, only 60k because that's max trade, that it will be 90, not 95.

Frankly, I'd say lots of people simply dislike Jagex coming out with content they don't use. You see some high level players complaining about low level updates when those come out. Personally, perhaps because it hits close to home, I understand why people would object to quests coming out with very high requirements out of the blue. Let's say, 70 dunge. If you have a questcape but have, oh 30 dunge perhaps, your going to be very mad that you can't do the quest, nor will you be able to for a while. On the other hand, questers should know that the levels for the questcape are constantly increasing, and shoudn't be surprised when a high level or grandmaster quest requires skills a bit higher then previous quests, even if they don't have them. Perhaps this new quest requires 25 or 30 dunge for whatever reason, for an example. Going from 1-30 doesn't require a significant amount of exp, even if DG is one of the slower skills in the game.

Incidentally, not that I'm even going to try to cite this, Jagex stated a while ago in a diary (or maybe Q&A) about an achievement diary cape.... that there would not be a cape for completing all the diaries. The simple reason being, imagine if there WAS such a cape, and imagine the release of the elite diaries. (Maybe imagine that the ardy diary was released with the rest lol.)

The short answer: If you want instant gratification, play a first-person shooter. Runescape is not the game for you. Don't want to get 97 slayer for that new slayer monster? Don't want to get 97 fishing (lol) for that new quest (lol)? Get over it or quit.

Please not the damned fishing quest again. If Jagex wants to release a quest with 97 fishing, they need 10-15 quests before hand that slowly raise the fishing requirement for the questcape up to 97.

Despite Jagex saying this game is intended for mature players, most people who complain are teens/still in middle school. They have yet to learn how to think cognitively or rationally. They act on impulses and work towards satisfying their emotions. If they can't have it now, they complain. Thus, they want things made simpler for them for as you say "instant gratification".

What basis do you have for this statement, personal experience, what? I know of adults who complain, (mainly college students) and teens who couldn't care less.

You know, that statement seems to support his. Lol. I think it's just instant gratification. Ooo, new stuff! Awe, can't do it. Hate you jagex.

The short answer: If you want instant gratification, play a first-person shooter. Runescape is not the game for you. Don't want to get 97 slayer for that new slayer monster? Don't want to get 97 fishing (lol) for that new quest (lol)? Get over it or quit.

Or simply don't play that content.

I'm interested in why you think people hate on the content, more then anything. Is it laziness, jealousy, a desire for instant gratification, or a "need" to grind in order to access? What do you think?

All of the above, I think. Jealousy is definitely the largest factor, but that jealousy often stems from laziness ("I don't want to work for it, so NOBODY should have it!") and the need for instant gratification. It's really sad, actually. These people are so greedy and hellbent on dumbing the game down for everyone else . . . and for what? So they can play for six months, quit, and never come back? Pathetic.

Maybe I just have a different mentality when it comes to Runescape. I've been playing since the game came out, practically, and it has ALWAYS been my goal to get the "best stuff," if you will. When GWD came out, I never once complained that I couldn't get on teams or that I couldn't participate -- rather, it became my GOAL to reach the levels required to participate.

What we have, essentially, are two groups: mature and immature players. The immature players cannot handle not having whatever they want, when they want it. The mature players realize and APPRECIATE that this is a goal-oriented game that rewards players for their efforts.

Actually, the two groups in the world are: those that divide people into groups and those that don't. There's a variety of reasons people could complain about something. And perhaps the update is overpowered - I certainly think Jagex did the right thing in restricting extremes in dangerous PVP. Or, how about needing the firecape at Ice Strykewyrms initially? That was removed because Jad is honestly too much of a challenge for some people. However, you DO need the firecape to beat the Karamja Elite...

Anyhoo, I don't think it's jealousy so much as instant gratification. Jealousy, in the general context of high level updates, stems from instant gratification, and the fact that the people who already have the level, in a sense, receive instant gratification.

70 cooking, for example, is far harder than 70 runecrafting, yet it would be considered high level content under the current model. Eergh.

Wait. What? The rest of your post made sense to me, but er...

Definition of EXCLUSIVE

a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group

a : excluding others from participation b : snobbishly aloof

a : accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class) b : stylish, fashionable c : restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense

a : single, sole <exclusive jurisdiction> b : whole, undivided <his exclusive attention>

I don't have a problem with high-level content - anyone can become high-level with time & effort.

I do have a problem with exclusive content and the notion that certain players / cliques are entitled to an elite status.

Interesting that the thread is titled Exclusive Content and not High-Level Content, isn't it? ;)

Er, high level content IS exclusive. Because, until you GET said levels, you are EXCLUDED from it. Also, that definition sucks; your not supposed to use the word your defining in the definition. Exlusion: excluding someone. If you don't know what exclusion is, you don't know what the hell excluding is. Not that it looks like your fault, but still.

Frankly, not only do we need high-level content, we need high level USEFUL content. Fishing is almost useless because you can buy the fish. The adaze - ooo. We have dragon pickaxes. And dragon hatches. The only point of the Adaze seems to be to cut willows to finish off your 99 firemaking while getting wc exp on the side. Or, 90+ firemaking requirement that might make abyss rc'ing slightly easier. Smithing - rune platebodies. Yeah. In dunge, prom....ok, kinda useful. But, not really necessary imo. Woodcutting - the recent high level updates for it including Ivy and the Sawmill. Ooo. Now you can get 99 WC faster. Still ain't useful.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I should be getting double xp for making all the armour, opening all the doors, doing the most damage in the game, because I do more than the "pros" are capable of.

If you didn't make armour, you probably would be getting double xp.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I don't have problems against high level content, I do however, have problems with high levels who continuously complain for more content.

Quoted for intelligence.

Serously, rewarding people who have 104M hits xp and raising level caps for the purpose of appealing to the egos of high levels is different from releasing content that requires like 70-85 in a skill. Me, and probably 90% of the RS populaion, would not find content avaiable at level 120 in a skill an incentive to play, especially in slow skillls. I might work for 70-80 in any skill, but the average players on RS who has anything that can be remotely considered a decent social life is not going to be getting 100M in any skill anytime soon and would burn out before he got to even the 50m mark. Sorry for not wanting to blow my [bleep]ing mind by playing for like 1000 hours? Yes, this is the same "omfg i don't want to no life" argument, but last time encouraging no lifing on the scale of getting 100M+ in a skill is definately a bad thing. Content that you have to work for is fine, but some of [cabbage] morons are suggesting are beyond [developmentally delayed]ation. If a quest had 95+ requirement in prayer and rc it would be more of an incentive for people to rage rather than work.

Yes, grinding is inevitable and its an rpg, but the level of grinding on many aspects of runescape is beyond what should be encouraged. No, people aren't just lazy and yes, there is a level of grinding where it becomes where the person has either been playing for 10 years or the persons really needs to quit and do something else with his time. Neither of those should be rewarded, playing for 10 years is great, but thats like a very small fraction how everybody that plays RS, and any game that is encouraging the level of grind to meet the same amount of play time as someone who has played for 10 years is doing it wrong.

"But zomg other games focus on high level content!!!!" Well most of their endgame content is a lot easier to achieve than maxing out on runescape.

"well noobs like you don't deserve the same access as me" - well e-thugs flaunting their e-peens are bad, and unless you're talking about level 30s, releasing armour that only people with maxed att, str, hits, def, range and armour would do nothing for the game and the majority of the players. You won't be able to talk down to noobs because a lot of people can wear bandos too. I'm sure everybody feels your pain.

Serously, rewarding people who have 104M hits xp and raising level caps for the purpose of appealing to the egos of high levels is different from releasing content that requires like 70-85 in a skill.

wrong thread bro, that thread is called "120 constitution"

Serously, rewarding people who have 104M hits xp and raising level caps for the purpose of appealing to the egos of high levels is different from releasing content that requires like 70-85 in a skill.

Oh yeah, content that is avaibale to like, 65 people on the HP highscores is definately not considered exclusive content. And examples are bad, because they don't support arguments. teach me plz.

Oh yeah, content that is avaibale to like, 65 people on the HP highscores is definately not considered exclusive content. And examples are bad, because they don't support arguments. teach me plz.

>every person in favor of more high level content supports the requisites of hundreds of millions of xp