Commuting

Star_Fox

I bike to and from campus which is about a mile from my house so my ride (one-way) is something like 10-15mins depending on how fast I choice which is usually dictated by the weather. I also usually ride my bike to place nearby my house and drive my truck if I'm going to the grocery store or somewhere where driving makes more sense. I don't like buses, something about them I just don't like and they simply take to dang long to get from one place to another. I like trains/light rails/subways but really aren't built up in Phoenix to the point where they actually useful.

tFtfA.jpg

I have to drive about 80 miles round trip to school every day, through rush hour minneapolis traffic... In a Nissan pathfinder. 13mpg and 4 hours driving a day :(

That sucks so much.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I have to drive about 80 miles round trip to school every day, through rush hour minneapolis traffic... In a Nissan pathfinder. 13mpg and 4 hours driving a day :(

And all that construction too....gotta love MnDoT :wink:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

10-15 minute drive to school. There's no other way to travel around here without a car, so sorry for the earth, I'ma one-man car driver.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

10-15 minute drive to school. There's no other way to travel around here without a car, so sorry for the earth, I'ma one-man car driver.

I'm not much of an environmentalist but my car has a low emission approval, very fuel economic

and so far, nobody has dared to blame me for driving alone everyday. Lucky me. :)

Yeah, they're always doing something to 394, sometimes they even move it to one lane traffic... During rush hour. WTF :( you live in Minnesota?

2s0cxth.png

Lol, meh, costs me less to use my car than the buses. Takes much less time and is $35/month compared to the $65/month the bus passes are.

Anyway, the city I live in never has a lot of traffic, even on rush hour. I do live 5 hours away from my parents though.

College student who lives in a dorm on campus.

5 minute bike ride to my furthest class.

423s.jpg

$250 bike from Target.

WTF :( you live in Minnesota?

+1

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Most days a week I drive a '03 Nissan Frontier. It's not a bad vehicle, and still runs fine after 100K miles. Got it as a graduation gift. It's a 25-minute-drive to and from uni.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I love commuting, especially in the spring and early fall. Pop my earphones in, grab my board, I've got myself twenty solid minutes of happiness. I'd love to get a longboard, it's more efficient for travel, but a skateboard's good enough. Otherwise, about 15 minutes of bussing but it's not as much fun.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I drive a 2008 Civic and it has pretty good mileage. My total commute to and from work totals 3 hours. The distance isn't that far, it's the crappy traffic. Everyone works in the city and there's one main bridge to get there so there's a harsh bottleneck effect. My Civic does pretty well though. I would say I average about 30mpg (I've calculated it over a dozen times just out of curiosity). I feel kind of bad having to commute and the amount of pollution I put out but I literally walked/biked/took the bus for 5 years while going to University so I hope it was enough to balance this out.

Zaataar.png

Yeah, they're always doing something to 394, sometimes they even move it to one lane traffic... During rush hour. WTF :( you live in Minnesota?

Yes, I go to school in St Cloud but I grew up in Wisconsin :^o

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I love commuting, especially in the spring and early fall. Pop my earphones in, grab my board, I've got myself twenty solid minutes of happiness. I'd love to get a longboard, it's more efficient for travel, but a skateboard's good enough. Otherwise, about 15 minutes of bussing but it's not as much fun.

YES <3 GET A LONGBOARD

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I cycle to and from school, takes between 15-25 minutes each way depending on how fast I feel like going/how late I am

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

YES <3 GET A LONGBOARD

It's expensive though, I have to save up. Maybe when I get a job this summer I'll have the money...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I'm an avid bicyclist, so when I can I'm almost always biking. I collect vintage bikes from the 30's-50's, so I get to have fun doing it.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

^ went to college for wildlife biology. Spend most the time in Minneapolis, but go back and fourth to the Bemidji area. So I do a lot of traveling around the state.

I like to rely on my biking, and the light rail system to get around the cities rather than my car. Plus it's hard enough to find decent parking places anyways without meters or having to pay for parking lots. Only time I really need to use the car is when I'm going out of town or having to haul stuff, or it's winter, which as you know is pretty harsh in Minnesota.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

which as you know is pretty harsh in Minnesota

I'm from Chicago, and this is my first time in MN, hahaha (but Chicago winters are bad too) so I have yet to see the worst. :mad:

I'm sure Blake and Ranger know a thing or two, though.

I'm wondering if I should buy fenders for my bike...

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

California winters r srs bsnss.

...for the Donner Party.

Its funny how long my engine needs to start up when its like 40 degrees (F). Can't imagine it working in Minnesota, for instance.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg