Commuting

Star_Fox

So everyone, how do you guys commute? I spend about approximately 1 hour to get to school which is kind of a pain since

I have to go through both the highway and city and it's really bad for my gas mileage...I live in a very urban area so my commuting

usually doubles and forces me to revise on a earlier basis....>.>

Also, I want to discuss driving and what kind of vehicles do you guys drive. As for me, I drive a 2000 Civic which is reasonably fuel

efficient (depends on how well you handle steering) and it's the smallest car I drove out of like 8-10 cars I drove in my lifetime.

I drive a 2002 Civic, and have a half hour commute to school from my dad's house. I get pretty good mileage but I'm not a really efficient driver plus my drive is very hilly. I want to say I get something like 27-30 mpg?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I use my legs.

I can't afford a car and to get a car I need to have a job. Unfortunately, because of my financial situation, most of my paycheck ends up going to bolster the family income, and rarely finds its way into my car savings, which still sits at a very sad and lonely $127.42

hzvjpwS.gif

I drive a 97' F150, and I usually have to drive 15 mins to get into school

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

About 7 minutes each way including parking, though I only get to drive when the car ('03 Subaru Outback 6-cyl.) isn't being used by another family member.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

15 minute train ride for me. Very convenient. Trains only a 3 minute drive from my house, to boot.

Waiting every half hour for it to come sucks genitalia though.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

For the most part I walk to classes (fairly short walk) but as its getting colder I'm driving more. Next semester I'll probably just drive to classes all the time, maybe until the warmer months.

I drive a 2010 Hyundai Elantra.

For the most part I walk to classes (fairly short walk) but as its getting colder I'm driving more. Next semester I'll probably just drive to classes all the time, maybe until the warmer months.

I drive a 2010 Hyundai Elantra.

How do you afford the payments? o.O I assume you're full time student?

What would the payments be like... $400 a month?

29341_scion-xb-500.jpg

Except mine has a nice little spoiler on the back. I also have tons and tons of little"upgrades" *Non stock headlights, led's all around the inside of my car, light changing cup holders... That I never use... etc*

Anyways, I'm about 5 mins to school, and 25 to my job. On my way home I take the long way, so it tends to take me an hour to get home.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

How do you afford the payments? o.O I assume you're full time student?

Early graduation gift. (I graduate next semester).

I've gone without a car until this past semester. And, yes, I am really really fortunate. Parents are in a good enough position that they pretty much paid most of it off right at the start.

Seriously though I probably don't deserve it but I do know that it will last me a long, long time.

5 minutes between my appartment and work. I live uptown in the city I live in. I have a Toyota Echo 2002, which means $35/month in fuel. It has a mileage of 279,000 KM and had 2 accidents, but still runs like a new car. I still have to put 200$ in it for the hand break and the clutch is overdue to be changed (still the original one) but I'm probably not changing it until the car can't go forward.

If I'm able to pay my student load by next summer, I'll be getting a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer.

I have a Toyota Echo 2002, which means $35/month in fuel. It has a mileage of 279,000 KM and had 2 accidents, but still runs like a new car.

Toyotas are TANKS. Check out this Top Gear episode where they put a Toyota Hilux through god damn crazy tests (including fire, ocean, trees, wrecking balls, and demolition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVkedyQZfwQ

I bus to school, 45 minutes each way. Other than that I drive (Ford Focus) or walk everywhere

yes.png

I walk or I bus. Whenever I need to go out far or to a new place I get one of my parents to drive.

I don't have a job so if I get a car [My parents will buy me a second hand one] I probably can't pay insurance.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I hardly ever go anywhere in a car, I always use my legs and the bus. I take the bus to Uni. It's a 30 minute ride and the stop is less than 5 mins walk away. It is a bit of a trek but it's not too bad. I'm considering moving into accommodation next year though, which means my journey would be more like 10 mins walking.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't have a car at the minute, might get put on my parents insurance this winter for a while but we'll see.

I walk everywhere. 25 minute walk to work then the same back again at night.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

To school I take bus, commuter train and then the subway, in that order. About 2 hours spent commuting every day. Better than last year, which amounted to nearly 3 hours every day. Back to that again next year, ugh.

2009rb9.jpg

~10 mins biking to the bus station

35-45 minutes on the bus

7 minutes on the metro/subway

~10 minutes on a tram or ~5 minutes on a bus.

(Not counting the time spent waiting in between, a bit over an hour)

Yeah. I wouldn't do this if I didn't like the school I go to.

C2b6gs7.png

My apartment is across the street from campus, but my walk to classes is still about 10 minutes. The History building is conveniently located on the opposite side of campus from where I live. The only time I drive my car is to go to the grocery store or to back home to Wisconsin. That's a two-hour drive when I do go, but I have a 2000 Saturn-L so it gets pretty good gas mileage. I also have a bunch of buddies that come back with me so we usually have a full boat and a few people to chip in for gas money. It's a pretty good system.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

30 miles to school and 30 miles back home 3 days a week. I drive a 94' blazer so I only get 16-17 mpg if i'm lucky and don't drive like i normally do. I really would like a saturn car since they seem to get great millage but I'm poor and college is costing a lot along with my gaming habits such as xbox 360, ect burning up my money.

Low_C.png

I live 4 miles from school, so on a good day it's a 5-7 minute drive, on mostly back/dirt roads. Driving a 2003 Blazer, I get like 16-18 mpg but I really don't know what it is because my gas gauge doesn't work... :roll: