Herblore Habitat

Unknown_Warrior

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide!

You mention which seeds are dropped by what jadinkos. Did you get this info by testing?

According to the RS manual page at http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/herblore_herblore_habitat only Draconics drop herb only while you mention Carrions also drop herb seeds only and at a better rate. For most other jadinkos you say that they drop all seeds, while the manual lists just flowers or bush seeds.

What is the status of your jadinko - seed type list?

It's incorrectly labeled on the KB. Carrion and Draconic are the only two jadinko to only drop herb seeds, whereas Common, God and tracked jadinkos are all labeled as dropping every kind of seed. Although that's also what the KB says, so you must've misread that.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Is there any way to check your progress? I swear I caught one of each but he's not offering me any reward.

Something worth noting about the god jadinkos - once, you discover part of the requirements for one, you MUST finish find ALL the requirements for it and (maybe) hunt it before you track the next one. Because I've wasted over 800k changing to dark pits, going through the flower and construction hotspot trying to find the combination for all of them... I found sara first, tried the rest, found nothing, once I hunted the sara one I was able to find some of the requirements for the zamorak one. And since finding part of the requirements for the zamorak one, I've wasted like 800k building dark bits probably (meaning I've run through the habitat list like 10 times) without seeing anything for guthix. Your guide kinda implies you should do it that way, but doesn't reinforce it >_>

Anyways, great guide! Sorry about a paragraph of complain and a sentence of complements >.> It really is great.

Once I get this damned mask thing, never hunting god jadinkos again. Least not till 81 hunt and 80 construction lol. >_<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Something worth noting about the god jadinkos - once, you discover part of the requirements for one, you MUST finish find ALL the requirements for it and (maybe) hunt it before you track the next one. Because I've wasted over 800k changing to dark pits, going through the flower and construction hotspot trying to find the combination for all of them... I found sara first, tried the rest, found nothing, once I hunted the sara one I was able to find some of the requirements for the zamorak one. And since finding part of the requirements for the zamorak one, I've wasted like 800k building dark bits probably (meaning I've run through the habitat list like 10 times) without seeing anything for guthix. Your guide kinda implies you should do it that way, but doesn't reinforce it >_>

Anyways, great guide! Sorry about a paragraph of complain and a sentence of complements >.> It really is great.

Once I get this damned mask thing, never hunting god jadinkos again. Least not till 81 hunt and 80 construction lol. >_<

Actually, you can see the requirements for other god jadinkos if you already got one before. What I noticed, though, is that messages won't reappear (ie: You've gotten # requirements for X jadinko!) except those that indicate that you've found all requirements and that the god Jadinko has appeared.

Also, the tree requirement is the same for each god jadinko every week.

And, TBH, you really need to invest in 80 construction. Or at least pot to it. Or find someone to assist it (yes, it can be assisted).

All in all, the god section needs some rewriting.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Actually, you can see the requirements for other god jadinkos if you already got one before. What I noticed, though, is that messages won't reappear (ie: You've gotten # requirements for X jadinko!) except those that indicate that you've found all requirements and that the god Jadinko has appeared.

Also, the tree requirement is the same for each god jadinko every week.

And, TBH, you really need to invest in 80 construction. Or at least pot to it. Or find someone to assist it (yes, it can be assisted).

All in all, the god section needs some rewriting.

Weeeeellllllll, that waaaaaaaaaaaaaas my first time catching them, sooooooo..........

As for construction, meh. Knew I could assist it, but I couldn't be bothered. Just wanted the mask. I have it now. Not hunting them again until I don't need to boost for it. Lost a bit more money then I wanted, but oh well.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Is it feasible to expect to get ugunes from common Jadinkos? I'm only 68 hunter and am expecting to use oo'glog + hunter pots to level up a bit catching just common ones since this place is purported to be pretty good xp. However if I can get my hands on those awesome farming jujus then all the better. I've also only got 60 construction.

Also do we really need 20-25 bank spots for this? I know there are a lot of seeds and such, but I can see myself sparing 10 at most.

One last thing, since this is kinda like "box trapping" for some of the jadinkos, can you get shattered heart rocks?

1) Don't throw away unused vines!

Don't know what to do with those unused Withered, Pungent or Draconic vines? Simple, throw them in a compost heap. They can be turned into Supercompost and are stackable to boot!

Uhm what you mean by that? - having 50 withered vines I used them on the compost heap, but "nothing interesting happens".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Is it feasible to expect to get ugunes from common Jadinkos? I'm only 68 hunter and am expecting to use oo'glog + hunter pots to level up a bit catching just common ones since this place is purported to be pretty good xp. However if I can get my hands on those awesome farming jujus then all the better. I've also only got 60 construction.

Also do we really need 20-25 bank spots for this? I know there are a lot of seeds and such, but I can see myself sparing 10 at most.

One last thing, since this is kinda like "box trapping" for some of the jadinkos, can you get shattered heart rocks?

I tried coming here with hunter pots at 69, was catching them awfully slow (even with a bear).

I came back at 70 and it was a lot better, but still slow as far as xp goes. falconry w/ bonecrusher is 60k and this was maybe 40k tops - but you at least get started on seeds etc.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

That's odd, at the time of writing this I was able to use withered vines to make supercompost. Maybe they changed it?

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

does anyone actually use withered vines for baiting. I can hardly keep up with the traps as it is, let alone if I have to bait them.

Probably not worth the time usually, but I've been using them while trying to catch god jadinkos.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

does anyone actually use withered vines for baiting. I can hardly keep up with the traps as it is, let alone if I have to bait them.

Probably not worth the time usually, but I've been using them while trying to catch god jadinkos.

I did that when I caught god jadinkos as well. I don't think most people use bait in any sort of hunting.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I use Withered Vines when I'm hunting Draconic; I figure I might as well use them if I get them from the Common Jadinkos on the way, nothing else to do with them apart from throw them away. I guess most people only use bait if they have to (i.e. pawyas, grenwalls)

sweepsig.png

I did that when I caught god jadinkos as well. I don't think most people use bait in any sort of hunting.

So my question is if you create a habitat for a certain kind of jadinko and you never change it does it disappear after a while? For instance the req for common jadinkos is simply having a flower growing. Can I leave a flower forever and always have common jadinkos in that area?

Went there and tested it myself. So I will switch this comment to say why in the name of german alternative rock band falco is this not in the AoW yet? It's by far the most neatly organized, easy to understand, comprehensive guide on any subject I've come across on these forums with perhaps the exception of the circus points guide.

10/10

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Pretty sure that's how it works. Only ones that would disappear, I think, are the ones that require the juju hunting potion to appear.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

just how can you do the carrion method at 77 hunting?

you're suggesting to pot up constantly?

Besides that I experience a huge difference in catch rates the first ten levels. So I'd recommend holding of from carrions untill 80ish maybe?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

How long does it take the flowers, bushes and vine herbs to grow?

How does the jadinko hunting xp compare to red chin xp? I can only do 4 traps at a time and wonder if I should train hunting on jadinkos (common or igneous atm) or train on red chins and then come back to jadinkos at level 80+?

Great guide, btw.