Herblore Habitat

Unknown_Warrior

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]1) Don't throw away unused vines!

Don't know what to do with those unused Withered, Pungent or Draconic vines? Simple, throw them in a compost heap. They can be turned into Supercompost and are stackable to boot!

If you use any vine except Pungent on a compost bin, it says "nothing interesting happens." Maybe it worked before, but not anymore.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

• 2 weeks later...

This guide helped me so much when i did the herblore habitat for the first time yesterday, got the top and the mask. It is a bit confusing to read, but if you try and do it at the same time reading it, it makes it so much clearer.

EDIT: I wish i did thsi when it first came out, farming jujus should be illegal!! :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

• 1 month later...

A trick on how to get twice as fast to your traps after using the hunt juju pot on the red flower:

Usually people run back, DON'T DO IT

Right before your character does the animation where it pours hunt juju potion on the red flower, teleport with your witchdoctor mask. While the pot pouring animation, the teleport roots surrounds you, then after the pot puring animation, you should be standing at the Witchdoctor teleport Spot. Then simply run to your plants. The time taken here is half of the running method, so it's up to you if you want to have +6 seconds more time to skill effeciently after each dose of hunt juju potion.

Did I just update this guide? I think I did!

Herblore Habitat V4.0

Additions:

• The entirety of the jadinko lair (6 points)
  • Juju mining potion
  • Tracking routes
  • 6 Tips
  • Fellstalk herb in the sheets

Changes:

• Changed the herb distribution by calculating it per jadinko
  • Clarified clothing chances and how many you can get per week
  • Added that you need to be under effect of Juju hunter to get the god jadinko message
  • Spreadsheet calculations are more dynamic and plentiful
  • Changed the first tip to show that only Pungent vines makes supercompost
  • Carrion-Igneous usually give back the seeds you spend on them! Who knew? This is also pointed out in the catching technique
  • Overhaul of Draconic-Common. Enough people pointed out that my crummy research didn't reflect proper XP/hour

-------

Left to do:

• Bola's
  • Proper kills per hour for the Slaying monsters
  • Proper Carrion jadinko droprates

-------

How you can help:

• Posting whatever you get from the Offering stone (especially if you do herb seeds only), post whatever you gotten and how many points you spent getting it
  • Your Common, Carrion (both Carrion-only or Carrion-Igneous), Common-Draconic or Draconic-only seeds drop and in how many catches that was
  • Optimal kills per hour for the slayer monsters (my stats won't allow me to do this)
  • The average amount of Excrescence you get per kill
  • Proper XP/Hour for all hunting techniques (with pics, if possible)!

Woopwoop.

Do point out any typo's, errors or bad wording left in the guide per PM. If you've done any research, either PM or post. Thanks in advance.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

2218 catches
435 seeds
Ugune		x 26
Samaden		x 35
Erzille		x 30
Shengo		x 29
Red		x 51
Blue		x 55
Orange		x 12
Banana		x 14
Lergberry	x 68
Kalferberry	x 44
Green		x 43
Argway		x 22
Apple		x  6
	____+
Total		 435

Not sure if you need this particular data but that's my updated commons seeds log. I might add that draconics at 86 hunter + arctic bear got me 200k xp/hr without Zamorak favour.

Your guidework is excellent as always :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

2218 catches
435 seeds
Ugune		x 26
Samaden		x 35
Erzille		x 30
Shengo		x 29
Red		x 51
Blue		x 55
Orange		x 12
Banana		x 14
Lergberry	x 68
Kalferberry	x 44
Green		x 43
Argway		x 22
Apple		x  6
	____+
Total		 435

Not sure if you need this particular data but that's my updated commons seeds log. I might add that draconics at 86 hunter + arctic bear got me 200k xp/hr without Zamorak favour.

Your guidework is excellent as always :).

Added, thanks.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

First of all, good guide!

In addtion to hunt training part, i would recommend Aquatic-Carrion Method.

It's similar to Igneous-Carrion but better, because both share Kalferberry. You just need to change flower and habitat, save precious bush seeds.

Aha_its_you.png

Excellent guide, covers everything anyone could want to know about the place, gave me motivation to train the oh so hated Hunter skill, and now I have full Witchdoctor and am heading to 80 hunter currently.

The only thing I can say about it is that the Mono-carrion method should be labeled 78+ not 77+, spent a good 5 minutes trying to catch them at 77 to no avail :(

Thank you :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Would it be helpful information to say that from 90 with arctic bear the xp is about 150k an hour at draconic jadinkos with commons? As I've leveled I've noticed that the xp goes up steadily and I'm assumably going to get 34k xp per hunter xp every hunter juju potion. Probably old news, but an interesting tip nonetheless.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i got data

catches from 92-93 hunter.

1175 draconic
175 common

4 kalferberry
8 lergberry

5 green blossom
3 blue blossom
5 red blossom

7 samaden
11 shengo
20 erzille
20 argway
14 ugune

1 apple tree
1 banana tree

dunno if this means anything but it's all yours lol.

Very helpful, thanks. We know have over 1K jadinko's logged for all 3, that means accuracy of seed droprate has improved significantly.

Ideally, I want at least 10K for each jadinko.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Would it be helpful information to say that from 90 with arctic bear the xp is about 150k an hour at draconic jadinkos with commons? As I've leveled I've noticed that the xp goes up steadily and I'm assumably going to get 34k xp per hunter xp every hunter juju potion. Probably old news, but an interesting tip nonetheless.

I got 180-190k consistently at 86-87, before Zamorak favours, so I think you're using a sub-optimal spot (or afking a little).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I got 180-190k consistently at 86-87, before Zamorak favours, so I think you're using a sub-optimal spot (or afking a little).

Indeed.

Are you sure you used both Hunter potion and Zamorak favour when training? The XP rates in this guide depends on both those.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Hummm... Well anyways another tip to add to your guide:

When you notice a jadinko lined up with your trap is "hooked" onto your trap making it unable to notice any other traps nearby. You should give these traps higher priority over others, check and reset these traps as they are tying up your potential resources.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• 1 month later...

This is a wonderful guide, since I used it to train hunter I think it's only fair that I track some drops for you :P

752 Draconic

122 Common

14 Ugune

8 Shengo

11 Argway

9 Erzille

4 Samaden

3 Blue Blossom

2 Kalferberry seed

2 Red Blossom

1 Green Blossom

1 Orange

1 Apple

I'll hunt some carrions next and keep track of the drops :)

Didn't hunt many Carrions, hard to go back after doing draconic ;)

82 Carrion

3 Samaden

2 Erzille

3 Argway

1 Shengo

1 Ugune

Also I did a round at the offering stone and chose Seeds & teleport bags:

2 Erzille

1 RBS

4 GBS

4 BBS

9 Kalferberry

7 Lergberry

2 Banana

4 Ugune

5 Shengo

2 Argway

5 Teleports

Used 2000 Favour for those.

Edited by Ellac

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent guide! Read it just after it came out and was impressed back then.

This was 233k xp/hr at 95 hunter.. 250k could easily be attainable if I decided to sit at my desk and concentrate a bit more. :-P

seeds.png

To increase my xp/hr from 180k to 230k I started to walk under each trap whenever I needed to check/redo it. Also, bypassing the auto walk west after laying each trap by running to the next trap speeds up the xp by a lot. I usually get a 5-6:1 ratio as shown.. still fail quite a bit though.

Edit: I managed to obtain 244k xp/hr and 257k xp/hr at lvl 96. I think at best, a 3-5% increase could be had at full concentration.

I am very surprised at the number of seeds in that picture (which is why I took the screenshot in the first place). I increased my xp/hr by 20k and still consistently get around half the seeds shown.

Edited by Lord_Paul

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

• 3 months later...

Incredible guide, i cant wait to get the stats for this myself.

Only 1 thing i didnt see or understand...

Besides the special sharks there was juju gunge or something (i dont remeber exact name srry), heals 20 hp more, how do you obtain that?

Very Impressed :thumbsup: