Herblore Habitat

Unknown_Warrior

I see these as a better alternative to Draconics in the high level 70s and low to mid level 80s. I am still yet to try Draconic-Common,but going off the the OPs XP rates they seem to have a high fail rate at lower levels. However going off videos on YT, Draconics seem to be upwards of 250k/h (at 99 Hunter), the peak being 280k-290k/g on one of Foot's uploads.

Draconics would probably be slower at <80 hunter, due to the need to constantly re-boost. I think that if you use the spot I show above though, you should be able to get experience rates very similar to what you're getting with Igneous-Carrion. I expected to fail them a fair bit too, but actually the success rate was very high at level 80 hunter.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 82 hunter, I did 1 hour of Draconics-Common. Using Scentless potions but no bear.

190 Draconics and 27 Commons caught.

1 Ugune

4 Argway

4 Samaden

3 Shengo

3 Erzille

My question is are Ugune seeds rarer than others? Or was I just unlucky?

Staurolite.png

At 82 hunter, I did 1 hour of Draconics-Common. Using Scentless potions but no bear.

190 Draconics and 27 Commons caught.

1 Ugune

4 Argway

4 Samaden

3 Shengo

3 Erzille

My question is are Ugune seeds rarer than others? Or was I just unlucky?

Probably just a fluke. Last time I did an 84 minute trip of Draconic-Common, I got 6 erzille seeds, 6 argway seeds, 5 ugune seeds, 4 shengo seeds, and 3 samaden seeds. Over the longer term, I currently have roughly equal numbers of argway, ugune, and shengo (unf) potions, with more erzille and fewer samaden.

That said, I believe that draconics drop seeds less often than commons do. If your main goal is juju farming potions, rather than hunter experience, you might have better luck skipping the draconics.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a note. When catching the god jadinkos, it's possible for them to need no bush. I had already gotten the first one so I knew the tree. I got the flower and the habitat and had 3 of the requirements but I had a kalferberry planted. I uprooted it and got the message about attracting Guthix jadinkos. I then planted a lergberry and it went back to 3 of the requirements and they left.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Question about getting the clothing: I got the top last week and came back this week to get the legs...But I got the top again.

Is this a glitch or have I not done something?

No, it's not a glitch, and you haven't done anything wrong either. Simply, the piece you receive is random, so it sometimes takes more than 2 weeks to get both pieces.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Great guide!

I just have one question. Does an arctic bear make alot of difference with xp/hr at draconic jadinkos? Is it still over 200k xp/hr or is it even lower? I think I will atleast be getting Larupia for the 5+ bonus.

I will follow your guide to get the mask! If I had to do this alone, I probably wouldn't even bother with Herblore Habitat. :P

terravir.png

Partly off-topic tip, but if you are looking for herb seeds you can get a good many from the offering stone in the jadinko lair. I used 290 points and got these seeds:

2 samaden, 2 shengo, 1 erzile, 1 argway, 1 kalfberry, 1 lergberry and 2 blossom seeds I think.

What you MUST keep in mind is that the seeds you get is dependent on what is attracted in the Herblore habitat at the time you collect your seeds. For instance, if you have 0 Jadinkos attracted you will only get the low level fruit tree seeds. But, if you attract the Carrion Jadinko (what I attracted because I was looking for herb seeds) for example you will only get their drops, which is only herb seeds. Saying that, since Common Jadinkos are allways attracted when you attract another Jadinko you will also have access to their seed drop table. (hence the bush and flower seeds I got)

The 290 Points where points I got from just trying out killing the Jadinko Males/Guards when they game out, so It is possible to get upwards of 1,000 points an hour here depending on what your doing to gain favor. Using this method you should be able to acquire LOTS of Herblore Habitat seeds and could make using them a viable training method.

I've attracted the diseased jadinko's however, I'm unsure where I can track them. I only see the inspect option in the area to the south, near the deposit box, however, I've search basically everything without being able to track one. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another area to find these?

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Seems like the efficiency number crunching ought to take the herblore xp into account. Also, isn't Scroll of Cleansing relevant?

The scroll of cleansing is more important to have here then with traditional herblore as far as I'm concerned, since the seeds(especially the Ugune seeds for Farming pots and Samaden seeds for Zamorak Favor pot) can be hard to come by.

I've decided that I'm going to go for 99 Hunter here, since I'm also going for 99 Farming and could use extra herblore experience, it seems like a win-win.

Since, according to your [unknown warrior's] method, you can collect 50 marble vines per hour and gain 152k exp/hr, and since herb seeds are a side effect of training hunter on Draconic/Common Jadinko's (foot claims to get like 285k or something in his video, using Zamorak's favor potions, arctic bear, and witchdoctor garb at 99.), using this method is worthwhile until you've got an ample amount of JuJu Farming Potions(I'm going to get 500 potions, enough for 1500 runs [at ~5 runs per day], or ~10 months of farming. Considering that 33% of the time you get 200% yield, it justifies the cost of this more expensive method. Assuming you farmed here between training other skills, you could gain quite a bit of Farming experience, replacing the bushes and flowers, as well as herbs(it would probably be best to stay 10 minutes at Zamorak Jadinko's when you go to farm the second herb patch). It would be helpful to only make potions when you've got quite a few stockpiled herbs and vines, since you can use the Guthix Gift's to boost experience by 10%. Saradomin's blessing would also be useful for the farm run, which I assume one would do every 80 minutes , planting a palm or papaya when in need of the tree spot (I'm assuming herbs take the same amount of time here as in the rest of the game). You could theoretically get alot of free herblore experience, if you stockpiled enough Juju Farming and Zamorak Favour, as well as a small amount of Saradomin's Blessing and Guthix's Gift, you could simply farm all your Samaden seeds (supercomposting, not paying the farmer) and stockpile them to use with the Draconic vines from getting 99 Hunter. If you assume eight herbs per patch(could be less), a seed is worth 396 farming experience(this could be incorrect, I added the Planting and Harvesting experience and multiplied by 1.1 to account for Saradomin's Blessing, it may be 190 experience per herb harvested), and 1,478 herblore experience (mining potion exp x 8)1.1). I don't believe your catch ratios are very accurate, your claiming commons are 5:1 draconics, a ratio I never saw anything close to, in fact, I would get more draconic catches per hour than common. This is a little inaccurate because I hunted only commons for about 30 minutes, but here is my ratio of Draconic:Common based on vines: 608 Draconic: 531 Withered, though I imagine the more realistic ratio is 6:5. It could be dependent on where traps are placed. Regardless, I'm confident if you used Draconics/Commons until 99, you'd gain a very nice amount of herblore and farming experience without slowing down hunter by any noticeable amount. I'll do some testing as I level and let you know how it goes, obviously if you made Zamorak's favors instead, it would be more experience.

Thanks a ton for writing this guide by the way. Without it, I probably be hunting chins with bots. I just read through it and within the hour, I knew basically everything about Herblore Habitat. Even getting the God Jadinko's was easy with your method. :thumbsup:

Also: Can anyone confirm or deny that the scroll of life works on the farming patches at Herblore Habitat?

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I don't believe your catch ratios are very accurate, your claiming commons are 5:1 draconics, a ratio I never saw anything close to, in fact, I would get more draconic catches per hour than common. This is a little inaccurate because I hunted only commons for about 30 minutes, but here is my ratio of Draconic:Common based on vines: 608 Draconic: 531 Withered, though I imagine the more realistic ratio is 6:5. It could be dependent on where traps are placed.

Oh, it definitely depends where you put your traps. You want them close to where the draconics are spawning, which means more towards the southeastern part of the area.

Incidentally, I've done a fair share of baron shark fishing, and it's really slow. Even slower than regular shark fishing, since you can't get an agility bonus for double baron sharks. I only do it because I like fishing. Would not recommend it.

I don't believe your catch ratios are very accurate, your claiming commons are 5:1 draconics, a ratio I never saw anything close to, in fact, I would get more draconic catches per hour than common. This is a little inaccurate because I hunted only commons for about 30 minutes, but here is my ratio of Draconic:Common based on vines: 608 Draconic: 531 Withered, though I imagine the more realistic ratio is 6:5. It could be dependent on where traps are placed.

Oh, it definitely depends where you put your traps. You want them close to where the draconics are spawning, which means more towards the southeastern part of the area.

Incidentally, I've done a fair share of baron shark fishing, and it's really slow. Even slower than regular shark fishing, since you can't get an agility bonus for double baron sharks. I only do it because I like fishing. Would not recommend it.

I have no plans to, I'm planning to go for 99 fishing rather soon, but I'm going to use the Barbarian Fly Fishing method. I only want to use the Draconic Vines from 99 Hunter as a means to train herblore for free, since I'm probably going to superheat/drop concentrated gold in the lrc, the potions are essentially useless to me. I made some rough calculations, and the number of zamorak's favors and juju hunter potions needed for 99 are not extremely high, so I will have many leftover seeds. Ideally, you would gather the supplies for 99 as you unlock the various Jadinko's. (I'm estimating around 50 hours(3,000 minutes) for 99 from 85, which would require 100 juju hunter potions, 200 Zamorak's favor potions, 110 arctic bears, and 250 Hunter Potion(4)s.) I'm not exactly sure how many vines you can add to Samaden potions per hour, but you'd need 4 guthix vines per hour of herblore. I don't think it's possible to harvest five torstol patches and the two herb vines patches in under 5 minutes, though it may be with enough practice(I'm normally finished at 5:45-6:15 minutes), so you'd need 2 doses per 80 minutes.

I'm going to record my experience rates on Draconics as I level, as well as the harvests of Ugene/Samaden vine herbs and the drop rate of seeds. I assume the drop rate is constant, regardless of level. I'm going to have to wait a week to begin, since I don't have the full cammo yet(missing the top).

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png