Crazy man shoots at school board

The_Gabe

Story is here

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/14/florida.meeting.shooting/

Video - Contains gunshots, fortunately he missed everyone he shot at and was then shot at by security

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21SRgqRCqbQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.break.com/index/school-board-shootout-1968595

Watch the second link, it has the extended version.

Crazy what people do because they get fired, even more crazy is to shoot when the other person doesn't know what you're talking about.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He drew the V for Vendetta!

That dudes a pro

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The V from V for Vendetta makes me wonder if there is something more than "his wife was fired" to all of this...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The V from V for Vendetta makes me wonder if there is something more than "his wife was fired" to all of this...

Well he was just very anti-government, quoted for saying he hated taxes, (as one example) probably in the tyrannical sort of sense, so its no surprise why a character like V would attract him.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

**cough** Easy access to handguns is so wonderful **ahem**

He's psychologically unstable, he's armed, and he has someone to be angry at. We've always had people like this, and we always will. Thankfully no one was hurt.

What scares the crap out of me is the thousands of veterans coming home with PTSD and other psychological disorders from overseas wars. Combine that with easy access to weapons, and all they need is someone to be angry at.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

He's psychologically unstable, he's armed, and he has someone to be angry at. We've always had people like this, and we always will. Thankfully no one was hurt.

What scares the crap out of me is the thousands of veterans coming home with PTSD and other psychological disorders from overseas wars. Combine that with easy access to weapons, and all they need is someone to be angry at.

Have you seen that movie with Toby Maguire called Brothers. Exact same situation you're talking about.

Low_C.png

Have you seen that movie with Toby Maguire called Brothers. Exact same situation you're talking about.

Ohh I've seen that. A very good example. He gets crazy.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The board chairman or whatever, sitting talking straight to the guy with a gun pointed at him has some balls. Glad he missed and security got him before he could hurt someone.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Even more worrying is those people know how to use firearms. I agree that we've always had people like this.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You know that in around schools are dedicated "Gun free zones"... 1000 foot buffers where its illegal to carry a firearm. That frivolous law didn't stop this guy from carrying a gun in, but I bet it stopped everyone else (law abiding citizens). If every one of those board members and people in the audience had a gun, this f---er wouldn't have got a shot off. Bet that didn't occur to you :rolleyes: .

Rather that turn this into a gun law debate, I'd like to point out two key things:

1. The man's wife was fired several months ago, from a teaching position from the school district. He was either fired or laid off several months ago too. The reason he said he was there was because her benefits had run out.

2. The man was pissed off the school board DIDN'T raise the sales tax. He felt that if they had, his wife would have still had her job.

He might've drawn that "V", except he's not "anti-government", he's very "pro-government" (wanting higher taxes and wanting his wife to have a government job).

Last thing, major props to the Superintendent. He showed some real courage keeping this lunatic calm just long enough for the security guard and SWAT team to show up. Its a miracle no one got hurt.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The board chairman or whatever, sitting talking straight to the guy with a gun pointed at him has some balls. Glad he missed and security got him before he could hurt someone.

Ginger hit him with a purse, she's got huge balls, especially for a woman.

Also lol, all the people saying he just wanted to scare them. You don't point a gun at someone and pull the trigger to scare them

yes.png

I was so scared just watching this. Dear lord...what must have been going threw all everyones mind being there...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Jesus Christ, that guy didn't even try to hide under the table until the second shot. I think he legitimately missed, because he tried to aim around the table after the first 2/3 shots. Still, fool's cuckoo...

Ginger hit him with a purse, she's got huge balls, especially for a woman.

Also lol, all the people saying he just wanted to scare them. You don't point a gun at someone and pull the trigger to scare them

I think she was pretty stupid. I mean, if you're going to attempt to disarm somebody, hitting them in the back with your purse isn't going to do it. He actually knocked her down and I'm surprised he didn't shoot her right there.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You know that in around schools are dedicated "Gun free zones"... 1000 foot buffers where its illegal to carry a firearm. That frivolous law didn't stop this guy from carrying a gun in, but I bet it stopped everyone else (law abiding citizens). If every one of those board members and people in the audience had a gun, this f---er wouldn't have got a shot off. Bet that didn't occur to you :rolleyes: .

That 'f---er' was an unstable person. That doesn't make him any less of a person, it just makes his judgements likely to be unsound at the time. It does not by any means give you a right to point a gun at, or even shoot, him. When you reduce people to the point that you make it ok for them to be killed or threatened to be killed by another person, for any reason, it's very easy to descend into terrible consequences. It disturbs me a lot that so many people still have this mentality.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That 'f---er' was an unstable person. That doesn't make him any less of a person, it just makes his judgements likely to be unsound at the time. It does not by any means give you a right to point a gun at, or even shoot, him. When you reduce people to the point that you make it ok for them to be killed or threatened to be killed by another person, for any reason, it's very easy to descend into terrible consequences. It disturbs me a lot that so many people still have this mentality.

If I was there, and I had a gun, I would have no problem shooting him to save the board members. Killing him would not be my intention, saving everyone else would be my intention. If he died by my hand because of that, its an unfortunate consequence, but not my intention.

His rights as a person went straight out the window as soon as he threatened others. You'll notice that the situation ended when the security guard shot him and the SWAT team moved in. We need more people like the security guard.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪