New RuneScape trailer

Kaur

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things to dislike;

"The gods are gone from Gielnor". That's biggest [cabbage] ever. Runescape is the ONLY game i know of with TONS of Gods. Zaros has returned, Ampakein (monkey godess) has too...and active gods; Zamorak, Saradomin and Guthix.

Go learn rs lore properly before you complain like a douche.

The gods used to walk the world and have a direct influence since they god wars they hav all been banished from the world. While they can be prayed to and offer indirect help they are NOT in the world.

Zaros has not returned, only a portal to commune with him once more.

The active gods are NOT on the world they jsut commune with followers indirectly (prayers)

The desert pantheon are demi-gods not fully fledged gods and thus don't count. While the desert people worship them they do not have power even close to the level of the real gods.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Things to dislike;

"The gods are gone from Gielnor". That's biggest [cabbage] ever. Runescape is the ONLY game i know of with TONS of Gods. Zaros has returned, Ampakein (monkey godess) has too...and active gods; Zamorak, Saradomin and Guthix.

Go learn rs lore properly before you complain like a douche.

The gods used to walk the world and have a direct influence since they god wars they hav all been banished from the world. While they can be prayed to and offer indirect help they are NOT in the world.

Zaros has not returned, only a portal to commune with him once more.

The active gods are NOT on the world they jsut commune with followers indirectly (prayers)

The desert pantheon are demi-gods not fully fledged gods and thus don't count. While the desert people worship them they do not have power even close to the level of the real gods.

Demi-gods, still gods.

Wolf, everyone agree that Guthix banished them, theres no conflict bbetween any of the followers of ANY gods, discussing the fact IF the Guthixian Edicts exist. Also its one of the reasons why theres no godwars atm.

Also, demi-gods=/=gods.

Some of the mahjarrat are being called "demi-gods" in the desert.

Also, your wording is incorrect, The Godwars ended Because the gods were banished. Not vice versa.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Dormado, what is your source that says Guthix banished the gods after GWD?

Rswiki has an article on Guthix that tells just about everything about him, but if you want in-game proof, Juna can also tell you. The god wars ended in that event.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I like the tralier and the graphics. Most trailers you see for games, just like this, aren't actual in-game footage. You all know that, why are you trying to bash this video? It doesn't make sense. So what if they didn't slap, in tiny print...in an area of the screen you're not going to look...."Not actual in-game footage". Who cares? It will be in-game footage, sometime in the future. Why not look forward at things to come?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I like the tralier and the graphics. Most trailers you see for games, just like this, aren't actual in-game footage. You all know that, why are you trying to bash this video? It doesn't make sense. So what if they didn't slap, in tiny print...in an area of the screen you're not going to look...."Not actual in-game footage". Who cares? It will be in-game footage, sometime in the future. Why not look forward at things to come?

"Let's make a video of how the game will look like in 10 years!"

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Because this video is in no way representative of Runescape. They made a Generic Fantasy Game Cutscene and stuck the RS logo on it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

As skimpy as her armour may be -- I, personally, wouldn't mind an outfit like that one. :D

That said, since when can people animate or re-animate the undead? Is this a suggestion at the "Necromancy" spell book they may, hopefully introduce into the game?

nyuseg.png

As skimpy as her armour may be -- I, personally, wouldn't mind an outfit like that one. :D

That said, since when can people animate or re-animate the undead? Is this a suggestion at the "Necromancy" spell book they may, hopefully introduce into the game?

I would agree with you if there was an idea for even one good spell that has anything to do with Necromancy. .__.

discoshazamsig-1.png

I would agree with you if there was an idea for even one good spell that has anything to do with Necromancy. .__.

I posted this under suggestions a while ago ...

Spirit Magic:

Spirit Magic is the magic of the Necromancer. These are spells devoted to the manipulation of the dead, the undeath and the manipulation of life energy. It provides the mage with the ability to commune with the undead, spirits and ghosts.

Makes use of Death, Soul and Body runes.

• Invisibility - level 85
  • Necromancy various spells that help or create the Undead and/or Animate Dead
    • Create Undead
    • Animate Dead
    • Commune with Dead speak with the dead (ghosts, revenants, etc.) and get them to do your bidding, including attacking other players

[*] Spells that hurt the Undead

• Disrupt Undead

[*] Spells that hurt other people

• Enervation
    • Vampiric Touch

[*] Spells that manipulate life in order to heal:

• Regenerate
    • Cure Minor Wounds
    • Cure Intermediate Wounds
    • Cure Major Wounds

[*] Damage Deflectors

[*] Various Teleport Locations

nyuseg.png

I understand that, but wouldn't it be a bit unfair to be able to just hurl revenants at people?

Don't we already have Summoning?

The others, I can understand.

Magic needs an update in combat spells as far as their use in PvP-type situations, too.

anddungeoneeringfromwhatihearbutohwell. x:

discoshazamsig-1.png

Made in the game engine..wow.

Lol at people thinking the graphics still look bad. Have you forgotten this is a browser based java written game?

Could they do that in Java?

For the second time: the RuneScape graphics renderer is not written in Java, but most likely in C or C++.

We wouldn't have the "HD" mode if Jagex used pure Java only.

Meh I'm not really sure how I feel about it :P When compared to RuneScape's graphics, this trailer looks better.. but when compared to other game trailers, the graphics are still pretty bad. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The graphics aren't very appealing and they could be better, but making them better would make the trailer even less representational of the actual game.

The graphics feel like they could be done by the engine though. - Especially the quality.. The only thing which I haven't seen are the animations (mainly for spells/sword) but they don't fit runescape.

Even WOW uses outdated graphics currently btw (In developing communities it is often cited for being popular while having outdated graphic engine). Games like dragon age are much more realistic.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Have some of you guys considered that this trailer might mainly be for the people already playing this game? If they really wanted to make it to draw in new players, they'd point to either the last trailer concerning Dungeoneering, with only slightly improved graphics layered over actual gameplay, or head straight into the 'Not actual gameplay footage' territory and go all out.

This is a trailer for people like us who want to see the future of the game, and it's looking pretty good.

Also, now that I've found out that this will be the future of the game: Oh my god.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Meh I'm not really sure how I feel about it :P When compared to RuneScape's graphics, this trailer looks better.. but when compared to other game trailers, the graphics are still pretty bad. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The graphics aren't very appealing and they could be better, but making them better would make the trailer even less representational of the actual game.

The graphics feel like they could be done by the engine though. - Especially the quality.. The only thing which I haven't seen are the animations (mainly for spells/sword) but they don't fit runescape.

Even WOW uses outdated graphics currently btw (In developing communities it is often cited for being popular while having outdated graphic engine). Games like dragon age are much more realistic.

The graphics in this trailer were in fact done by the game engine, but that doesn't make them representational of the game. It demonstrates the capabilities of their game engine, but the game doesn't actually look like that.

And I know that WoW doesn't have great graphics ;) There are games with much better graphics out there, like I think LOTRO's are pretty awesome.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The graphics in this trailer were in fact done by the game engine, but that doesn't make them representational of the game. It demonstrates the capabilities of their game engine, but the game doesn't actually look like that.

And I know that WoW doesn't have great graphics ;) There are games with much better graphics out there, like I think LOTRO's are pretty awesome.

LOTRO's are fantastic. <3: