Referendum Rigged?

Bookworm911

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the thread about the update or not. But I voted this morning and the percentages were 89% yes, 8% no, and 3% doesn't care

I just checked before and the percentages are the same. Also a lot more people have voted than this morning. So my question is: Do you think Jagex is rigging this referendum?

bookworm911.png

bookworm911.png

If you know nothing about statistics you might say that it's rigged. If you do it's easy to tell this is all normal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Much more players voted at the beginning, and the more votes there already is, the less the percentages will change. That's why all big changes would have happened at the very beginning of the voting and the percentages are so stable now.

If you know nothing about statistics you might say that it's rigged. If you do it's easy to tell this is all normal.

I'm basing my calculations on 10m active Runescape accounts. [1] and the number of people voting at the time of this post (238,493) [2].

At a confidence level of 99% the interval is only 0.16 which means that I can say with almost certainty that not only is the vote for free-trade/wildy clearly in the lead but that if all 10m people voted the result would be somewhere between 88.84% and 89.16%.

Nevermind.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

wow jagex is rigging their own polls all they care about is money and are going to bring back 100 bots per yew tree and take out the ge

Sarcasm on a text forum isn't a good idea if you don't use tags or make it really obvious, just letting you know. Someone will take you seriously at some point. :)

OP, it's not rigged. With big numbers of votes, the outcome won't change much over time.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

While they may not be rigging the vote, they definitely are biasing it. On the voting announcement they say

"The number of players who registered their name on the petition and the feedback in the forums and on fan sites has shown how passionate you are about this matter"

and tout how 1.2 million people is such an incredible manner. This very clearly is showing it in a light that means that many people are in agreement with the vote. What they don't mention is that anyone could sign the petition without the account owners permission. Also, they don't mention that 1.2 million people is only about 1/9th of their player base. Secondly, they reassure people that the Grand Exchange will remain, but they don't explain what ways it will affect the way that the Grand Exchange will be affected. They say that they will remove upper and lower limits, but will they keep a median price for us? Also, they don't talk about the junk item market and how the economy of the game will be instantaneously rocked. Instead of telling us how these things would be implemented, they just tell us that it will be okay.

While I do feel that the vote would have turned out this way anyways, I thought that I'd share my two cents worth though.

Edited by money123678
lightningsig-1.jpg

While they may not be rigging the vote, they definitely are biasing it. On the voting announcement they say

"The number of players who registered their name on the petition and the feedback in the forums and on fan sites has shown how passionate you are about this matter"

and tout how 1.2 million people is such an incredible manner. This very clearly is showing it in a light that means that many people are in agreement with the vote. What they don't mention is that anyone could sign the petition without the account owners permission. Also' date=' they don't mention that 1.2 million people is only about 1/9th of their player base. Secondly, they reassure people that the Grand Exchange will remain, but they don't explain what ways it will affect the way that the Grand Exchange will be affected. They say that they will remove upper and lower limits, but will they keep a median price for us? Also, they don't talk about the junk item market and how the economy of the game will be instantaneously rocked. Instead of telling us how these things would be implemented, they just tell us that it will be okay.

While I do feel that the vote would have turned out this way anyways, I thought that I'd share my two cents worth though.

[/quote']

I'm happy that they didn't tell us every exact thing that will happen. Speculation is fun :D

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

and tout how 1.2 million people is such an incredible manner. This very clearly is showing it in a light that means that many people are in agreement with the vote. What they don't mention is that anyone could sign the petition without the account owners permission. Also' date=' they don't mention that 1.2 million people is only about 1/9th of their player base. Secondly, they reassure people that the Grand Exchange will remain, but they don't explain what ways it will affect the way that the Grand Exchange will be affected. They say that they will remove upper and lower limits, but will they keep a median price for us? Also, they don't talk about the junk item market and how the economy of the game will be instantaneously rocked. Instead of telling us how these things would be implemented, they just tell us that it will be okay.

[/quote']

About the 1/9th of their player base: not every can be online or knows about the poll in this short amount of time.

The OP already got it clarified. Besides, this should have already been a part of the original topic as well. Because of this, I'm going to lock it. Thanks!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg