17-Jan-2011 - Hati � The Winter Wolf

Michael

17-Jan-2011 - Hati The Winter Wolf

The Fremennik are a hardy bunch' date=' but theyre still vulnerable to frostbite. Wrapping up warm wont help them, however: this frostbite belongs to the giant wolf, Hati! As many Fremennik are abroad at Daemonheim, this winter, they have swallowed their pride and asked the adventurers of RuneScape to band together and rid them of this legendary lupine.

The invite is open to all RuneScape members, and can be started by talking to the Fremennik citizen who stands inside the gates of Rellekka. Even those who are yet to brave White Wolf Mountain can participate: simply talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village (Gunnarsgrunn) and he will lead you to Rellekka. While youre out searching for Hati, you might even stumble across defenders of the realm (aka Jagex moderators) who will pitch into the fight where they can.

Hati feeds for four weeks of the year, which only gives a small window of opportunity to gear up, gather like-minded adventurers and rid RuneScape of the beast. Wolf-killers should keep in mind that Hati leaves the game on Monday 14th February, taking any potential rewards with it, so nows your only chance to send him howling to his doom!

Speaking of rewards... The Hati head is a cosmetic hat that shows off your achievement, while the Hati paws are the highlight: these gloves reward you with double the XP you gain from skills (Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Strength) while in combat. There is a limit to the additional XP you can gain from these gloves, but that limit is determined by your levels in those combat skills. On Tuesday 10th May, these gloves will lose any remaining charge, so make sure to use them while you can. Once their charge has run out, you can still keep hold of them as a second cosmetic item to match your hat.

I come at coldest winter to bite and gnash and gnaw. People of the Fremennik, fear me. I am Hati, and I will devour the moon, and my brother, Sköll, the sun, and thus will begin the End of Things. Fremennik folk tale

Mod Trig & Mod Moltare

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start hunting Hati:

Speak to the Fremennik citizen just inside Rellekka's gate. You can talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village to get to Rellekka.

Requirements to start hunting Hati:

Be brave enough to fight a level 654 enemy, alone or with a group.

In other news...

While fighting Hati, you'll probably notice that he is quite talkative. To understand what he's saying, you might want to seek input from RuneScape's Scandinavian communities on the English-Scandinavian Friendship Forums.

Players who have played a lot of Fish Flingers contests may have found their career totals wouldn't change. This has now been altered to give a greater degree of accuracy when determining career totals.

Compost bins have been given a handy "Empty" option for quickly gathering multiple buckets of compost.

The gate to the Falador Farming patch has been permanently opened to allow for easier travel.

[/quote']

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game' date=' please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* The obsidian maul has had its attack animation updated.

* The Brimhaven Agility Arena rope swing has had the timing on the animation tweaked.

* Clearing a flower patch has had a new animation added.

* Saradomin priests arms no longer render through their capes.

* Players wielding rune scimitars will no longer see it through the Wilderness Wall.

* Scarabs no longer become transparent during Contact! and Osman no longer disappears abruptly.

* A fisherman on Miscellania has had his animations brought up to date.

* Nazastarool from Shilo Village has had his attack animations fixed.

* Cyreg Paddlehorn no longer stands perfectly still when not walking.

* Bandos tassets no longer clip with skillcapes when players are smelting.

* Sitting in a chair no longer shows player skillcapes through their legs.

* The candy cane is no longer attached to team cape 46.

* Battleaxes no longer appear through Dharok's platebody.

* The sling's attack animation has been updated to stop clipping with the player.

* Salamanders and rubber chickens have had their wield and attack animations updated.

* An animation has been added for when players fletch dramen staves.

Quests and Tasks

* It is now possible to use bird feed anywhere on the Watchtower, even if wooden spikes are in the way.

* The "Everybody loves Coal!" Task now correctly asks for Mining instead of Smithing.

* The "Family Values" Task has had the Construction level updated to the correct level.

* The Grand Tree's Agility requirement has been added to the skill advance guide.

* A typo in the Elite Varrock Tasks has been fixed.

* The Seers' Task involving a ranged potion has had its description updated to reflect the correct area the potion must be made.

* A typo in the Do No Evil quest log has been fixed.

Activities and Distractions

* The Warriors Guild slash dummy now recognises a two-handed weapon's defensive mode.

* Barbarian Assault's collect information has been updated to reflect the actual given bonuses.

* A typo in Miss Schism's court case has been fixed.

* A typo in the Circus has been fixed.

Miscellaneous

* The Dungeoneering bone necklaces no longer have an effect on free worlds.

* The sneakerpeeper's requirements have been corrected in the skill advance guide.

* Players affected by stuns will no longer be able to use any Summoning familiar special attacks (during the stun period).

* Drinking an overload potion no longer interferes with the turkey emote.

* A thief has been moved slightly to prevent him spawning on a blocked location.

* It is no longer possible to equip items when sitting down in a chair.

[/quote']

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First!

While fighting Hati, you'll probably notice that he is quite talkative. To understand what he's saying, you might want to seek input from RuneScape's Scandinavian communities on the English-Scandinavian Friendship Forums.

Over my dead body!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Very surprised. I kinda expected that wolf to be around level 200-250, not 654, lol.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Epic can't wait to beat it :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

i'd like to try...in a group please?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

hmm how many gloves can you stock?

Guess drumgun's ranging record won't last long now :P

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I assume we can get more than one pair of gloves :3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

No double summoning xp... nevermind then. The farming updates are alright I guess.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah this thing might actually put up somewhat of a fight instead of just having to use a few lobsters and full rune. :blink:

Agreed. I didn't expect such a high lvl monster. Time to break out the extremes then.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I thought this was called Haiti Wolf. I was going to mention that that was a little inconsiderate.

I'll be killing this wolf.. With a bunch of 138s..

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Patch notes:

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* The obsidian maul has had its attack animation updated.

* The Brimhaven Agility Arena rope swing has had the timing on the animation tweaked.

* Clearing a flower patch has had a new animation added.

* Saradomin priests arms no longer render through their capes.

* Players wielding rune scimitars will no longer see it through the Wilderness Wall.

* Scarabs no longer become transparent during Contact! and Osman no longer disappears abruptly.

* A fisherman on Miscellania has had his animations brought up to date.

* Nazastarool from Shilo Village has had his attack animations fixed.

* Cyreg Paddlehorn no longer stands perfectly still when not walking.

* Bandos tassets no longer clip with skillcapes when players are smelting.

* Sitting in a chair no longer shows player skillcapes through their legs.

* The candy cane is no longer attached to team cape 46.

* Battleaxes no longer appear through Dharok's platebody.

* The sling's attack animation has been updated to stop clipping with the player.

* Salamanders and rubber chickens have had their wield and attack animations updated.

* An animation has been added for when players fletch dramen staves.

Quests and Tasks

* It is now possible to use bird feed anywhere on the Watchtower, even if wooden spikes are in the way.

* The "Everybody loves Coal!" Task now correctly asks for Mining instead of Smithing.

* The "Family Values" Task has had the Construction level updated to the correct level.

* The Grand Tree's Agility requirement has been added to the skill advance guide.

* A typo in the Elite Varrock Tasks has been fixed.

* The Seers' Task involving a ranged potion has had its description updated to reflect the correct area the potion must be made.

* A typo in the Do No Evil quest log has been fixed.

Activities and Distractions

* The Warriors Guild slash dummy now recognises a two-handed weapon's defensive mode.

* Barbarian Assault's collect information has been updated to reflect the actual given bonuses.

* A typo in Miss Schism's court case has been fixed.

* A typo in the Circus has been fixed.

Miscellaneous

* The Dungeoneering bone necklaces no longer have an effect on free worlds.

* The sneakerpeeper's requirements have been corrected in the skill advance guide.

* Players affected by stuns will no longer be able to use any Summoning familiar special attacks (during the stun period).

* Drinking an overload potion no longer interferes with the turkey emote.

* A thief has been moved slightly to prevent him spawning on a blocked location.

* It is no longer possible to equip items when sitting down in a chair.

PRIVATE CHAT always ON

PR_BreakDOWN.png

I can't log in, nor can my friend.... Tell's us that we need to use our email address, however I haven't registered one, and he registered, however can't log in.... Halp?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png