Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Someplace where I can harpoon fish and bank in the same area...
Here is a few ideas I had of a place to lobster/harpoon fish in F2P.

Fishingspots.png

I don't agree on this one actually even though it is quite small..... why?

When when I was a free player the lack of a bank near the lobsters was something I don't like, and Part of me wanted to become a member just for fishing near a bank. Whilst admittedly it will make very little difference to member levels, and it is less important post bots, I still think it should be left as is.

However for a member update an unlockable bank chest in that area may help to attract more members......

I personally feel more than happy for free players to get updates (within limits) as they help keep Runescape above average in the free MMO world, but don't think something that has been accepted for so many years needs/should be changed for the free aspect of the game.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Karamja bank would be too close I think. Anyways I don't think there NEEDS to be a better fishing spot necessarily, just a few ideas of potential spots. The high price of lobsters is what led me to consider this idea because if f2p had a better spot, much more lobsters would enter the market.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Well, we do have the cabbage teleport now. Best thing to ever happen for f2p fishing. Still not as convenient as fishing guild but it is f2p, so.....

And if you are level three and can't get it, you really shouldn't complain in my opinion because you chose to handicap yourself like that in the first place, and there will always be certain things that will be more inconvenient for you. But hey, you chose that.

I would like to add something after reading a locked thread. People really should quit talking about how much f2p does or does not pay without some kind of proof. If Jagex has stated exactly how much f2p contributes by clicking ads I am unaware of it. But to claim that f2p does or does not cover certain amount of costs on assumption is pretty ridiculous.

Edit: I know for one I would like to see a placeholder for money. I mean who doesn't keep at least a little money in the bank. The reason I say this is I have been f2p the last several months, and it may be several more before I am a member again. So I have to play all this time without being able to accumulate any kind of wealth as far as actual coins is concerned.. I accidentally withdrew all my money, even with all the different withdraw options. And I am talking about several million here. Even if it counted towards your already alloted amount of spaces, I personally wouldn't mind. But that is because it is an issue that has personally affected me in the game. I would like to see something in place that if you have been p2p for any amount of time, you can put items back in the bank. Chances are most people that go f2p from p2p are gonna go back. If I had no plans to I wouldn't have all this member stuff still in my bank to begin with. I would have sold it before I knew my membership was going to run out. I accidentally withdrew a member potion yesterday. I had no intentions too, my pointer sporatically jumped on me as I clicked my mouse. Thank goodness it was just a potion. What if it had been something of real value, then I couldn't have even sold it or if it was some kind of armor even wear it just to have a place to hold it. I would have either just had to drop it or have a inventory spot filled all the time just to keep it. I am not so much saying more bank space as I am safe guards for mistakes like this. I know this has been said before, but it is something I would really like to see implemented.

in4F.gif

agreed, I think we can all agree that skills are harder to train to 99 on F2P than P2P.

Edit: All the more reason why F2Pers are well deserving to have them. And I agree on the fact that I do not think this would affect the game one way or the other. I mean how could it, cept more people going around with capes. About the only effect I can foresee.

The main reason I came back this time though was to ask why F2P can't have more ad sites like this one?

Screenshot.png

Another edit: Yes, I am being sarcastic. But I strongly think this is a serious issue that should be addressed. It is one thing to put up with ads and click them. Hey, we are getting to play for free after all. But this is something we should not have to tolerate or put up with one bit. They could at least only allow advertisers who are on the level. The fact that Runescape would allow such advertising sites is in my opinion an issue that needs to be addressed and should not be tolerated one bit. I don't even think this is up to debate or discussion. If you believe otherwise, I reject your opinion and there is no discussion period.

in4F.gif

agreed, I think we can all agree that skills are harder to train to 99 on F2P than P2P.

Edit: All the more reason why F2Pers are well deserving to have them. And I agree on the fact that I do not think this would affect the game one way or the other. I mean how could it, cept more people going around with capes. About the only effect I can foresee.

The main reason I came back this time though was to ask why F2P can't have more ad sites like this one?

th_Screenshot.png

Another edit: Yes, I am being sarcastic. But I strongly think this is a serious issue that should be addressed. It is one thing to put up with ads and click them. Hey, we are getting to play for free after all. But this is something we should not have to tolerate or put up with one bit. They could at least only allow advertisers who are on the level. The fact that Runescape would allow such advertising sites is in my opinion an issue that needs to be addressed and should not be tolerated one bit. I don't even think this is up to debate or discussion. If you believe otherwise, I reject your opinion and there is no discussion period.

You can report ads.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Though I am P2P, I think that F2P'ers should get the forums and capes of achievement. Come on Jagex, just those two things wouldn't wreck P2P or F2P, yeesh. -.-

Absolutely right!

Not too sure about the forums...RSOF are spammy enough. But perhaps if there was a separate subforum for members, and another subforum to those with total level>1000 (or 750).

About the capes...didn't someone earlier (not in this thread, some other thread) make the suggestion that the capes themselves could only be obtained on P2P but could be F2P items? For me, that would be the perfect balance. Yes, F2P would have to get a month of P2P to actually get a cape, but once they had it, well, they had it.

I don't understand why people want skillcapes so badly. I can only see them being great in world 16.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Now, it might just be me, but I haven't heard anyone (in F2P that is) complain about the lack of a way to show 99s before SCs were released. I wouldn't mind them being given to F2P, but I'd honestly rather get other things.

Now, it might just be me, but I haven't heard anyone (in F2P that is) complain about the lack of a way to show 99s before SCs were released. I wouldn't mind them being given to F2P, but I'd honestly rather get other things.

I agree. Until I actually get a 99 in a skill, I have no need for them. Something like a way to store our Random Event clothing would be much more appreciated.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I agree. Until I actually get a 99 in a skill, I have no need for them. Something like a way to store our Random Event clothing would be much more appreciated.

The floor works great for me \'

The_Maddest.png

The floor works great for me \'

Yeah, seriously, those mime clothes are fugly as hell.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Well, some F2Per's like to keep them. I for one like the different costumes, as they provide a bit of variety from what everyone else wheres (I hardly see anyone in Mime). But when I'm not skilling in them, they take up a hell of a lot of space. Why not Diango? We stores most of our Holiday items already, it wouldn't hurt to have him store our Random Event clothing too.

card.png

Well, some F2Per's like to keep them. I for one like the different costumes, as they provide a bit of variety from what everyone else wheres (I hardly see anyone in Mime). But when I'm not skilling in them, they take up a hell of a lot of space. Why not Diango? We stores most of our Holiday items already, it wouldn't hurt to have him store our Random Event clothing too.

Yeah, thats a great idea! Let me just suggest that to Jag-- oh wait. We can't post of the forums -.- .

Fae_Rasachi.png

oh, sigs can update by themselves now? ^.^

Yeah, thats a great idea! Let me just suggest that to Jag-- oh wait. We can't post of the forums -.- .

I would post updates for you F2Pers but I would get flamed to hell so much, the topic would be locked immediately.

j0xPu5R.png

I would post updates for you F2Pers but I would get flamed to hell so much, the topic would be locked immediately.

Just post it and never check it again. \' No need to look at internet children crying at you, unless you want some lulz. ;)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I don't think you're allowed posting for someone else on the RSOF anyways. Kinda sucks.

So what does everyone think of the newest Behind the scenes? I remember quite clearly numerous players stating that F2P probably won't get any more updates for a while (short of the Christmas Event), but we're also getting another quest AND more hair styles?

I'm not complaining =D>

card.png

So what does everyone think of the newest Behind the scenes? I remember quite clearly numerous players stating that F2P probably won't get any more updates for a while (short of the Christmas Event), but we're also getting another quest AND more hair styles?

I'm not complaining =D>

This year has been filled with awesome F2P updates. Good job Jagex! =D> :twss:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png