Non-Valentines...

Sy_Accursed

Isn't the build up to valentines and valentines itself just the most soul crushingly depressing time of year for all the singles out there?

I'm not one to get down in the dumps about being single (cept on the odd bad day as we all do from time to time) but this time of year always winds up with me feeling that I'm some how wrong because I'm single and feeling sidelined as friends vanish off to coupley things.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Im single and I really dont give a [bleep].

But that just me I suppose.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Note to sy: stay away from tall buildings. In all honesty though, february is the most depressing month, period. Read up on the studies, you'll see the rise in suicide and depression rates around this time of year. Just be glad though, because chances are, there's about 50other people in your city who've been dumped huge, and are way more depressed than you.

div>

lol Interesting how u jump straight from down in the dumps and sidelined to depressive suicidal...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I always see it as any other holiday. Are you Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas? Just ignore all the Christmas trees and Christmas advertisements. Don't celebrate Easter? Ignore the bunnies and Easter eggs. Don't have a significant other? Ignore the hearts.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Actually, I laugh at all the guys who would rather be watching football or playing XBL, but find themselves stuck in the binding procession that is Valentine's Day.

Well, I would... But it's really not that big a deal here.

This is my first year not being single on Valentine's day.

Honestly in the past I've pretty much just ignored Valentine's day. There's not really any good reason to dwell on it :mellow:

I'm in the exact same boat. I've just never thought about it.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

s'pose it depends on your friends and social claendar to an extent.

I find it hard to avoid being aware of as my social calendar completely dies and all my friends are busy with their other halves, leaving me with runescape, fb and tv for like the week or so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Is it really that big of a deal in the US/UK? Over here, it's just the stores that attempt to hype it up every year, but I don't know anybody personally who gives a [cabbage]... other than some couples who might buy each other candy/flowers/squishy animals.

2009rb9.jpg

If you feel down/pissed off around Valentines Day, just accept the things you cannot change. Letting it go really helps. So I'm chillin', saying "Good for you" to friends and such with a special someone, not letting it bother me because I accept the fact I'm not a ladies man.

Now what's up with the hate on holidays? It's nice having a day for something. Don't overfill the calendar with them, but let loose a little.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I like to think of the day as Singles' Awareness Day. I mean, it's alright to be single- there's tons of chicks out there, but you might as well stay happy as possible, because the worst thing you can be is a complete downer if you ever meet that special someone :wall:

In the famous words of some guy I don't know: "Don't worry, be happy." Good stuff :thumbsup:

Actually, I laugh at all the guys who would rather be watching football or playing XBL, but find themselves stuck in the binding procession that is Valentine's Day.

Well, I would... But it's really not that big a deal here.

Yeah, seems to be more a thing for girls. All my guy friends, both in couples and single, don't give two [bleep]s about it whereas most of my female friends/friends girlfriends are either of the "It really sucks being single on valentines day" or "I hope he does something romantic..." mindsets.

As for me, I don't care either way.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Usually I just do the elementary school thing and hand out candy to my friends, since I've always been single. Most of my friends are single right now, only a couple have serious enough relationships where going out for Valentine's Day isn't slightly awkward. If you're in a new relationship, it almost seems like it'd be too formal to have a romantic night, and if you're newly single, V-Day might be depressing. As long as you're solidly single or in a relationship V-Day should be completely bearable, and I at least don't care about it, even as a female sucker for romance stories.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

I'm single and I honestly couldn't give two [cabbage]s about the day. I actually feel sorry for all the guys that have girlfriends who are [bleep]ing serious about this holiday (when all the guys truly want is a little nookie.) Why must women make guys work so hard?

I feel even more sorry for guys in highschool (who want lots of nookie) who have girls that celebrate VD Day like it's some cult holiday AND expect their boyfriends to adhere to [developmentally delayed]ed romantic expectations just because they have some creepy vampire fetish. How creepy.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.