How Jagex is dealing with RWT

totalpwnage

Well I was talking to a friend who's identity will remain unknown. They are secretly working for a gold farming/power leveling website and they told me what Jagex is actually doing about RWT'ers. Note that this is also happening to some glitchers that make money off what they do.

Jagex is actually resetting cash and items from RWTers and some glitchers. Yeah.

The same person has actually messed around rwting and bought a little cash themselves, used it to pay crafting. They got a cash reset, their crafting supplies reset, and their crafting level reduced, as well as about a 30% decrease in some other stats.

They've also had a customer who has complained about randomly losing their cash apparently.

Also, Quint, one of the bug abusers of the staking healing bug (where you healed to full and got full specs) got most of his earnings from staking reset as I've been told.

So what do you guys think about this? There aren't a lot of cases of this going about so I assume Jagex is holding back to make sure they are being careful.

Also: No, I do not RWT, I randomly met this person through RS and I've known them for about 4-5 months now. They were also high up in the botting community for a while.

I've got legit sources. Yo.

inb4jagexseesthisandinvestigatesmeandtriestofigureoutwhothisfriendisandialsogetaccusedofrwtingbyalotofpeopleonhereandopcantinb4

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

op cant inb4

jagex said they are/were planning to utilize item resets, so yeah, i guess this is just confirmation

props to jagex. only thing i want them to not do is remove discontinueds in item resets, at least put them in the party room at a jagex event or something

op cant inb4

jagex said they are/were planning to utilize item resets, so yeah, i guess this is just confirmation

props to jagex. only thing i want them to not do is remove discontinueds in item resets, at least put them in the party room at a jagex event or something

Which I think discontinueds were removed in the case of Quint. So meh. Then again who knows, maybe they put em in the ge and someone people managed to buy cheap phats or something

For those wondering this was Quint's bank after staking

110208005655.png

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

just like to add, if you heavily abuse a glitch, don't post it on youtube if you care about your account :P

or just don't do it at all

thing is they find you anyways, I'm sure when they created logs they created a program to search the database's logs with very specific things that happen :P

Who knows maybe they got reset before the vid was even up. The bug was fixed before the video was created I know that.

Its a good system really resetiing everything directly from these issues.

i wonder how far it reaches:

Eg if someone buys 500mil gp

Spends it getting to high prayer n herb and epic armours

Then use these stats to say kill nex and get some drops.

wonder if the reset will take the drops back as they were gained (indirectly) from the rwt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wonder if the reset will take the drops back as they were gained (indirectly) from the rwt.

Simply banning the offending account solves this dilemma. :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I think a total wipeout (no pun intended) would be better.

Remove all exp (except HP which would go to 10), all completed quests and all the items on the account.

1. Person won't need to create new account.

2. Jagex can keep an eye on an account that has been charged with botting before.

3. Removing everything would leave the player with pretty much the same stuff as if the account was just made.

Remove all exp (except HP which would go to 10), all completed quests and all the items on the account.

2. Jagex can keep an eye on an account that has been charged with botting before.

3. Removing everything would leave the player with pretty much the same stuff as if the account was just made.

I think their mission is to keep the person paying, however. Not as many would continue playing with a full reset as opposed to 1 - 2 skills. Contrary to what seems to be the assumption on these forums, people who bot don't always bot every single stat they have. I doubt they would ever do a full reset / quest resets.

I'd support that. :thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

That is absolutely pointless.

Why

If Jagex did that noone will continue botting on the account, because they'll get perm'd the next time they'll get caught. They'll just create a new acc. Perm banning is the only solution.

I support perm bans on first offence. No reset [cabbage] ( except when dealing with rwt, i think removing the items is fair enough ).

You afraid of having your stats reset?

asrhasrh.jpg

They figure this way there's less duplicate accounts made overall.

What good would that do though..

Once you have the taboo of Jagex resetting you, I'd think people'd want to start fresh to have no eyes of suspicion upon them.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Once you have the taboo of Jagex resetting you, I'd think people'd want to start fresh to have no eyes of suspicion upon them.

However:

Your account gets banned you start again. Tell friends oh jagex banned me for no good reasons blah blah; things carry on.

Your account gets reset, you start a new one. Tell friends that lie; they can see ur old account is still there and see it had stat resets and thus know that you rwted or botted. Might make me treat ya differently eg no aww here have 2mil to get ya started more no friendsness

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That is really an interesting way to deal with it. The only questions I would pose though is how often does someone get caught and have their account reset?

It seems to me that out of all of the stakeholders involved in real world item trading dealing with either the market itself or the mediums of trade would be an easier solution than the buyers. Granted I suppose it works as a very nice deterrent against real world item trading. I suppose losing your account wasn't enough?

Imo, this is way out of hand.

Now I understand that Jagex is a business and whatever and therefore they will do whatever gets them more money, etc. Ok, fine, let's ignore that since it's besides the point here.

When I agreed to the Terms and Conditions when I made my account, I agreed to follow all of Jagex's rules to the letter. I understood that if I did not, I would suffer any punishment Jagex deemed fit. The Terms and Conditions serves as everyone's first and only warning.

There should be none of this, "reset their stats maybe they'll learn" or "take away the items so they'll keep paying for membership". Yes, maybe it's an innocent guy who just made a bad decision. Yes, maybe by resetting, Jagex will get more money. Yes, maybe doing this is better for business and is less harsh on first-time offenders.

Who cares.

You know the rules. You broke them. You get banned.

I think it's remarkably simple and that none of this resetting issue should have arose in the first place.

EDIT: On the more money for Jagex issue, while it is Jagex's duty as a company to make money, it's also their duty as a public company that appeals to mass audiences to maintain their integrity.

Imo, this is way out of hand.

Now I understand that Jagex is a business and whatever and therefore they will do whatever gets them more money, etc. Ok, fine, let's ignore that since it's besides the point here.

When I agreed to the Terms and Conditions when I made my account, I agreed to follow all of Jagex's rules to the letter. I understood that if I did not, I would suffer any punishment Jagex deemed fit. The Terms and Conditions serves as everyone's first and only warning.

There should be none of this, "reset their stats maybe they'll learn" or "take away the items so they'll keep paying for membership". Yes, maybe it's an innocent guy who just made a bad decision. Yes, maybe by resetting, Jagex will get more money. Yes, maybe doing this is better for business and is less harsh on first-time offenders.

Who cares.

You know the rules. You broke them. You get banned.

I think it's remarkably simple and that none of this resetting issue should have arose in the first place.

EDIT: On the more money for Jagex issue, while it is Jagex's duty as a company to make money, it's also their duty as a public company that appeals to mass audiences to maintain their integrity.

Is Jagex a public traded company because if so they only have a responsibility to their shareholders and no one else. Least as this bit applies to that bit.

They do have a responsibility to provide their service to their customers. If they customers aren't satisfied, they won't give them money. Like me.

However:

Your account gets banned you start again. Tell friends oh jagex banned me for no good reasons blah blah; things carry on.

Your account gets reset, you start a new one. Tell friends that lie; they can see ur old account is still there and see it had stat resets and thus know that you rwted or botted. Might make me treat ya differently eg no aww here have 2mil to get ya started more no friendsness

You would stop being friends with someone because they botted/RWTed?

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.