Mother[bleep]ing logout bug

Dragonlordjl

What is the log out bug?

When you try to log into a world, it gives you the error message "Your account is already logged in. Please wait 60 seconds" and then completely logs you out to the log-in screen. It doesn't matter if you just hopped worlds or haven't played at all that day.

td2sig.jpg

Oh I think that happened to me a few times. Pretty annoying I agree.

I thought you left TIF. If not, welcome back :thumbsup:

Yeah, this bug is such a pain. Wonder how it even started off in the first place - first time I saw it I almost flipped out and thought I had been hacked.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yea, if mods object they can edit my thread or tell me to edit it. I got out a good bit of frustration by making this thread.

This bug is at its most annoying when you're trying to preserve your skill boosts. I was trying to catch imps with a hunter boost, so I could have some insurance if I died at Nex. I'd catch one or two and then log so that my boost wouldn't go down. Well, more than half the time I tried to log back in, I'd get booted.

This is also a major problem when you're PKing with a clan, since there's frequent world hops involved. As a TBer, it screws the team over when they have to wait for me to log back in after I got logged out from this bug.

td2sig.jpg

I lost my void at tds to this. sapport :thumbup:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

apparently those extra 10 seconds were too much for him (even though you can make it back with the worst grave now that graves last so long)

Or maybe he just forgot what world he was in.

Anyways, I haven't had it happen to me in a week or two, but it did happen quiet a bit. If it's still going on...100% agree, that [cabbage] is annoying.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I hate it too. Sucks for DK's and other bosses.

and SirIzenhime your sig made me lol so much

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

It never happened to me, but that sure sounds annoying.

How can you "forget" what world you're on though? Provided that you don't refresh Runescape, clicking the yellow button at the bottom gets you back to the original world you were on...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Annoying indeed, first time I had the bug I thought I was being hacked.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

When you try to log into a world, it gives you the error message "Your account is already logged in. Please wait 60 seconds" and then completely logs you out to the log-in screen. It doesn't matter if you just hopped worlds or haven't played at all that day.

that happens to me also, but when i get it i dont get the 60seconds thing

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes [bleep] you world 84 and a few others. It's a pain trying to get on there so I can afk roktails. :thumbdown:

It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes I go a few days where I can insta log on, and this morning I tried 4 times and it didn't work.:evil:

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

It usually glitches up for one or two tries, then I can log in. I've had occasions this year where I've been unable to log in at all though, and I know I'm not being hacked because it shows my IP for my previous log in.

Even after not playing for over a day it still takes me 5-10 minutes to be able to log in due to this, how hard can a login server be?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Only seems to happen with a busy worlds with lots of instances loaded...

But still. [bLEEEEP]

Mod Michael

Jagex Mod

13-Apr-2012 19:22:26

Hi DragonUp14:

"Sometimes when i log out and then try logging back in, it says i'm already logged in.. And then I can't log back in for the next 30 mins-1 hour... It's so annoying especially when you're dunging and get disconnected.. Are you guys aware of this? And if you are, when can we expect you to fix it?"

From time to time our game worlds have trouble talking to our core systems which deal with saving your progress - very occasionally it's our fault, but most of the time it's simply problems on the internet where one ISP isn't able to talk to another. When this happens, we have to hold on to your save game at our game worlds until we're abo[bleep]ely(Kaur edit: absolutely) sure we've been able to save it. That doesn't mean you're still logged in - but we can't log you in again until we're sure we've got your save game where it needs to be. Above all else the most important thing to us is making sure everything you do in RuneScape is saved securely.

We'd absolutely love it if the whole internet worked 100% of the time and we didn't have this problem, but that's not likely to happen.

254-255-171-63698141 page 15

• 1 month later...

IKR!!! Happens 9/10 times to me, usually like 5 times each time I world hop, log in from not playing at all

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I've been having this all day. Worked fine until 20 mins ago. First it was this bug. The RS would just outright kick me and wouldn't load. When I finally got it to work I would sometimes log in and have 0 health, 0 prayer, and summoning point running down since my BoB was still out (so glad I had yet the enter the Bandos Boss room). All types of crazy [bleep] is up. Like, what the heck?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]