Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

One question: How can I figure out which square the base would go? The grid system is kind of getting tricky to use for me.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That doesn't help. I believe you misunderstood my question. I can't figure out where a certain spot on the dung map would go on the key tool.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

There seems to be a lot of people asking about joining who seem to have not read the guidelines. Please read them. They answer just about every question you could have.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

There seems to be a lot of people asking about joining who seem to have not read the guidelines. Please read them. They answer just about every question you could have.

Deadnbloody did alright answering in cc and was capable of making a gate in a floor I did with them

I do agree that often people don't read the guidelines before trying to join but some people just get confused or forget things I suppose

@ fire, they're both 8x8.. so I don't know what you're asking apparently

if you take a pic of both as an example maybe people would understand

siggya.png

Not all the time does the grid system make the ht at square 1x1 at the top left, right, bottom left, and right. Sometimes it is in an odd square, and I can't immediately figure out where the ht spot should go. Will I have to memorize the grid system? I will post a picture shortly.

azeem1992.png

Yeah, and you shouldn't really worry about precise placement. It's a great program, but keyers should always try to memorize doors rather than write them down (except for pr0ds like Tui). Just use it as a failsafe; don't make it a crutch.

dgs5.jpg

Remember you don't really need to be accurate. Ideally, you shouldn't be using the tool for every door, just ones you think you'll have trouble with. So just marking the general location of places should be good enough. Then, by using a combination of the tool and your in-game map, you should be able to figure everything out quickly and seamlessly.

I want grimy's auto semi transparent map thing in corner of my screen !

the thing that takes a pic of the rs map each time you open it and pastes it in corner

Agreed, I generally know where doors are/team knows where, but it really helps make it easier to always be able to see it and think on the run, rather than having brief seconds when im not under attack running through rooms.

In all honesty, I personally think that this would be more useful than Wicked's program, just because it costs 0 time to use (a big plus when you get good enough to key fast floors) and displays the map constantly, with minimal input to make it update real-time.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

It would be useful if there was some way to share it with the team in realtime.

that'd be such a pain in the ass to code.

I want grimy's auto semi transparent map thing in corner of my screen !

the thing that takes a pic of the rs map each time you open it and pastes it in corner

Agreed, I generally know where doors are/team knows where, but it really helps make it easier to always be able to see it and think on the run, rather than having brief seconds when im not under attack running through rooms.

In all honesty, I personally think that this would be more useful than Wicked's program, just because it costs 0 time to use (a big plus when you get good enough to key fast floors) and displays the map constantly, with minimal input to make it update real-time.

my code sucked.

It lacked clickthrough ability (which thanks to wicked's code can be added in like 5 seconds)

It was hardcoded, so i can't just share it with another player unless they share my same exact computer resolution and window settings.

And it only updated when instructed to do so, not automatically.

It's really confusing when you're running around a map and the red dot on the map is showing where you were 2 minutes ago.

anyways I'm gonna take a closer look at wicked's code myself.

I like knowing how stuff works.

And maybe I'll add stuff like, making the yellow box have a big Y in it so I don't get Gold and Yellow confused.

Naaxi.png

So I finally got 60 dg. What else does it take to join? Currently have prom 2h, prom pl8 and cosmics bound. Found a celestial surgebox but decided to not bind it D: Looking for a SSH...lol

99 Atk, 99 Str, 96 Def, 99 HP, 95 Pray, 99 Range, 99 Mage, 92 Summ, 60 Dg...

I'm wondering how much my dg level will limit me...

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

So I finally got 60 dg. What else does it take to join? Currently have prom 2h, prom pl8 and cosmics bound. Found a celestial surgebox but decided to not bind it D: Looking for a SSH...lol

99 Atk, 99 Str, 96 Def, 99 HP, 95 Pray, 99 Range, 99 Mage, 92 Summ, 60 Dg...

I'm wondering how much my dg level will limit me...

Should have bound the CSB and charged it right away. Having only 60 DG is rather limiting, seeing as you'd only be able to do 1 floor with with DGS.

No SSH however, I guess you could try doing meds from floor 24-29 in hopes of getting a hood, instead of C1ing everything. Practicing on meds and aiming sub 20 min floors is also a decent way to practice for larges.

But I could be wrong, I guess.

EDIT: Also, I think the only requirement for DGS is 45 defence for SSH and the ability to cooperate with your team. Don't think there's not much else.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Is a 13 min solo dung good?

azeem1992.png

Is a 13 min solo dung good?

If it's a med, then yes, it's rather good. But if it's small, it could be better. ;)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

It is a med. :)

One question: If someone can do a large in 10 min, does that mean a med will be 5 min? I can't fathom that tbh, lol.

azeem1992.png

It is a med. :)

One question: If someone can do a large in 10 min, does that mean a med will be 5 min? I can't fathom that tbh, lol.

not really.

larges aren't 2x the size of meds (as far as i know)

also you have to account for your boss time. Each room doesn't take the same amount of time (e.g guardian rooms take longer then normal rooms, etc) and in some cases - the boss rooms take longest of all.

capt%20kevin.png

Larges are 2x meds. Meds are 8x4, while larges are 8x8.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Ah, I see.

azeem1992.png

You should allow key remapping :P

Will do.

@Wicked_

Would it be possible to sync the map with all other team members so everyone can update it?

As Grimy said, that'd be a real pain in the ass to code, but not entirely out of the question. I'd have to look at which ways to make the PCs communicate with each other, etc. It's a great idea, but will take some time to implement.

I've also been thinking about positioning it directly over the map to make it easier to tell which square is which.

Also, the quick printscreen idea where you can quickly grab/display a screeny of the map would be very easy... I've already got the screenshot functions written to screeny certain areas of the RuneScape applet.

09144a99bb.png

Is there any way to more effectively prevent people from needlessy gting? Often had keyer call me for a 95 Smith door or whatever when the rest of the team is doing a GD, then when I GT, I see 2 other people there too even if the GD isn't cleared yet. It's rather annoying.

Sure, could be somewhat the keyers fault, but when I'm called there by name, I still sometimes see 1-2 other people who aren't needed there as well.

Anything?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Is there any way to more effectively prevent people from needlessy gting? Often had keyer call me for a 95 Smith door or whatever when the rest of the team is doing a GD, then when I GT, I see 2 other people there too even if the GD isn't cleared yet. It's rather annoying.

Sure, could be somewhat the keyers fault, but when I'm called there by name, I still sometimes see 1-2 other people who aren't needed there as well.

Anything?

Yell at them. They should know their own usernames by now, and they should know to not ggs if another teammate's name is called. If the keyer isn't specifying, that's more the keyer's fault, of course.

dgs5.jpg