Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Your example is completely out of context as we are not asking for all drops to be only visible, atleast at first, to the person who did the most damage. The fact of the matter is, the drop systems in mainland rs and daemonheim are different, and both systems work uniformly. Should slayer drops only be seen by people who have the levels? probably, but given that there would be questions weather people who have the levels and do no damage should be able to get the drops and the fact that there are only 2 significant drops, it's really not a major issue. When dgs had the one issue with this problem, the person with 99 slayer was atleast half to blame for it(for not telling people to get out of the room). Right now, soulgazers are a good test of loyalty for people who use dgs- if they don't have the level and try to camp drops, they clearly do not belong.

Easy. Make it so slayer drops inside of daemonheim work like overworld drops. They already have the code too, only copy-pasting skills are needed.

Soulgazers shouldn't be a test of loyalty. If the game was fair, there would be no need for "tests of loyalty".

I'm all for game improvements and fixes. For me, this would be on a similar tone to the 'upgrades' they did last update.

EDIT: Considering one of those two drops is extremely rare, I daresay that this could be a noticeable enough issue.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As there are already rules in dgs regarding this i don't think it's deserving of an update from jagex. It's really basically about people being organized and disciplined about dungeoneering, and if they do snipe something, they'll have some real problems trying to use dgs ever again.

Thing is, a lot of people would be perfectly content to have a hex but be permbanned from dgs. So for some people the thought of not being able to use dgs isn't enough of a deterrent.

So you think it would be easier to first convince jagex on this subject(remember, anything we think isn't the absolute truth, most of what matters is jegex'es opinion, and they might not agree), and then letting them try and fix this? The fact is, when you are in a floor, you can command people who don't have 99 slayer to gtfo that room, and if they don't, they would be kicked off the team and have future implications in participating in dgs dungeons, just for not leaving the soulgazer room.

In my experience this does work, the only problem is with non-ranks being unable to kick mid floor. On the floors I've seen with soulgazer, we had a ranked keyer so the threat was realistic, that won't always be the case however. Also, the person with the slayer level can simply refuse to kill it until the non slayers leave.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

As there are already rules in dgs regarding this i don't think it's deserving of an update from jagex. It's really basically about people being organized and disciplined about dungeoneering, and if they do snipe something, they'll have some real problems trying to use dgs ever again.

Thing is, a lot of people would be perfectly content to have a hex but be permbanned from dgs. So for some people the thought of not being able to use dgs isn't enough of a deterrent.

So you think it would be easier to first convince jagex on this subject(remember, anything we think isn't the absolute truth, most of what matters is jegex'es opinion, and they might not agree), and then letting them try and fix this? The fact is, when you are in a floor, you can command people who don't have 99 slayer to gtfo that room, and if they don't, they would be kicked off the team and have future implications in participating in dgs dungeons, just for not leaving the soulgazer room.

In my experience this does work, the only problem is with non-ranks being unable to kick mid floor. On the floors I've seen with soulgazer, we had a ranked keyer so the threat was realistic, that won't always be the case however. Also, the person with the slayer level can simply refuse to kill it until the non slayers leave.

If someone snipes a hex you can kick them. Or if they camp under it and refuse to leave without being able to damage it.

siggya.png

Hey i wondered if you guys could help me with something. I have a thread which has a very brief summary of how to train the skill before the main part of the thread begins. I wrote this for dungeoneering, I'm not a great dungeoneer myself so I'd appretiate if someone could check it.

Skype helps a lot for dungeoneering because less concentration is needed for communicating with the team

It is debatable but I believe the best binds are (in order of importance)

Primal 2h

Shadow silk hood

Primal battleaxe

Celestial surgebox

Primal platebody

It is worth overloading before entering the dungeons for faster kills, an extra 500lp and for opening 100+ combat doors at the start of a dungeon; however it is not worth leaving the dungeons to overload between floors.

If you really want to know, this is the thread [qfc]154-155-864-61975974[/qfc]

Uh, you kinda listed the "best binds" in an odd way that isn't intuitive, nor accurate. The best binds vary greatly depending on role and other binds.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

No offense to anyone, but I'm kinda not surprised at that Het took berserker and battle-mage that floor. ;)

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

:shades:

110531024553.png

110530194754.png

110530194815.png

didnt get its too easy

btw posted to encourage other things than just dps

like i have all potion stuff in inv, made ragers, team was slow sometimes so made runes

and also did doors & ran some keys

its too easy is a fun title to get though :)

siggya.png

fire 1 shot with tangle gum longbow with no other hexers and u get sharpshooter

You need to actually do a reasonable amount of damage to even be considered for a title

Like..2-3 forgotten mages is enough, assuming no one else is going for it either.

But as long as there's no other hexes, getting sharpshooter really wouldn't be a problem.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Read this thread, thai.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/293372-third-bind-guide-andor-discussion/

Also what type of guide is it going to be? Is it a basic guide?

Thanks but that guide doesn't say which is the best so I'm still quite unsure.

The qfc is there, it's not really a guide even though a lot of posters think it is, the short intro gives a little info about how the skill is trained.

Uh, you kinda listed the "best binds" in an odd way that isn't intuitive, nor accurate. The best binds vary greatly depending on role and other binds.

The role would be the keyer to get most skilling xp in the dungeons. What binds would you reccomend for a keyer?

In a perfect case scenario, 2h is made completely obsolete by rapier, baxe, ccs and hex, so, in all likelyhood, the perfect binds would be 5x baxe+2 hex+ccs+(rapier)+1-2 blood neck for teams with 3 binds(which is most of dungeoneering) with everyone having either arrows or csb's bound(and the keyer having the second hex). You could also switch one rapier or neck to have plate as a keyer, but it's really down to preference. With 4 binds, the hexes would get sagi bodies, ccs/rapiers would get blood necklaces and people with necks would get either plate for keying or gauntlets for more dps.

Assuming it's a maxed team, the keyer would definitely not get the most skilling xp as he'd have the least amount of downtime and skill room/door xp is divided between the people that have the necessary levels.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

As I am friends with many people in DGS, I was asked to write a script/program to help those learning to key and for those who may have a hard time keeping track of keys in a dungeon; And so I did.

This had been done in a webpage, found here, but I didn't like the design/layout/click and drag, so I created an application which can be seen in a screenshot below.

[spoiler=Screenshot]keying.jpg

I have uploaded the script seen above in an extractor. For those who are unsure about downloading such files, I've uploaded the file to VirusTotal which scans it with 43 of the most well-known anti-viruses. The results were:

File name: Unpack Keys[dot]exe
Submission date: 2011-05-31 11:46:14 (UTC)
Current status: finished
Result: 0/ 43 (0.0%)

As you can see, not even a warning. A link to the scan can be found here: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=ae5037395115842c09963cbbb0de299199f6e84444eac0a2641ab9d7517a5e01-1306842374

A link to the installer can be found here.

How to use:

• Unpack the files - this will create a shortcut on your desktop and run the Keying script.
  • With the RuneScape window active, holding left Ctrl will show the GDI+ window.
  • Select a key and a color and place them in a square by clicking it.
  • More then one key can be added to a square!
  • To clear a square, click it with your middle mouse button.
  • To reload the program, right click it's tray icon and select "Reload".

For those who are still unsure, the source code can be provided.

This was written simply to help out my friends in DGS and those willing to learn to key. I did not spend much time making it perfect, but if I see there's enough interest for it, I will send more time on it. It does not interact at all with the RuneScape applet; It simply creates an interactive GDI+ window which is "stickied" to the top left corner. As I don't dungeoneer, any criticism is appreciated. What should I add/remove?

No one is forcing you to download the above tool, but as RuneScape is designed for and aimed toward adults (Or so they claim), I assume you can make your own decision.

Thanks,

Stev.

09144a99bb.png