Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

* Certain sections of this guide are somewhat out-of-date. Please hold while I redirect your call.

Introduction.

Celestial catalytic staff / empowered fire staff.

Primal gauntlets.

Blood necklace.

Hexhunter bow.

Primal pickaxe.

A Slight Diversion: Two-handed swords and Primal battleaxes.

Credits.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin
Nice guide. I will probably go get my third bind in a few weeks, now that finals are almost over. Probably going to go with the mittens.

Cactuaar
[ Display Name History ]

Cactuaar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Cactuar King
Is a platebody or sagi body even worth binding for keyers? Or personal preference in that case?

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Is a platebody or sagi body even worth binding for keyers? Or personal preference in that case?

I didn't cover armor binds because there's not a lot to them other than reducing damage. In my opinion, you go 1-99 without an armor bind, so why do you suddenly need armor at 100+? :P But in all seriousness, I think armor is perfectly fine for people who key the vast majority of the time, so long as they're not using it as a crutch; keyers should learn to avoid death without armor before they bind armor.

If I had to recommend an offensive third bind to a keyer, I'd say celestial staff. Just make sure you have a reliable teammate to make you fire runes.

EDIT: Sagittarian body isn't really worth it without a hex. Sagittarian protects you from shades while plates protect you from everything else.

Posted Image

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT WHERES MY PRIMAL SPEAR BIND OPTION!????@@@@@
:rolleyes:
Posted Image

haqiang
[ Display Name History ]

haqiang

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 62 posts
Some interesting fact I have found out about Cele Catastaff

While tui was soloing her entire floor for lulz, I made spirit bloom armor to see how much +magic bonus I can get to push the "magic resistant mob" into magable range.

With 3/4 spirit bloom and approximately 80-90 magic bonus with Cele Cata staff, I was able to wreck several T11 mages using fire surge with fairly low splash rate. It was to a point that mage died significantly faster than what usually it would take me when I melee it with primal baxe. It's something worth testing out with a larger set of data, but I can be sure that if you can somehow loot from start room and mage mob drops enough magic gear, you might as well mage the mage for faster kill.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

Some interesting fact I have found out about Cele Catastaff

While tui was soloing her entire floor for lulz, I made spirit bloom armor to see how much +magic bonus I can get to push the "magic resistant mob" into magable range.

With 3/4 spirit bloom and approximately 80-90 magic bonus with Cele Cata staff, I was able to wreck several T11 mages using fire surge with fairly low splash rate. It was to a point that mage died significantly faster than what usually it would take me when I melee it with primal baxe. It's something worth testing out with a larger set of data, but I can be sure that if you can somehow loot from start room and mage mob drops enough magic gear, you might as well mage the mage for faster kill.

Making mage armor= REALLY slow, so the max mage bonus you can possibly test at is ccs+csb+neck+hood, which adds up to around 40, and i don't think that would be anywhere near enough. You also have to always supply enough fire runes to be effective, which can become a problem.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

Primal pickaxe.
Just kidding.

I am offend.

Celesial Cata. is dropped by Cursebearer, right? I wonder if it would be worth doing low abandons to hunt for one.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx

Primal pickaxe.
Just kidding.

I am offend.

Celesial Cata. is dropped by Cursebearer, right? I wonder if it would be worth doing low abandons to hunt for one.

As cursebearer has his own floors(i think like 15-17) it's best to do c6 smalls on those floors for one. Just pop in to dgs and you should have a staff hunt team in no time(charlie got his after like 7 seconds of asking).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
Hmm ok. I'll be doing that any time they decide to give me a surgebox bind. Laws aren't really too useful.

Ousekeys
[ Display Name History ]

Ousekeys

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RSN:ousekeys
I have seen a fair few just doing normal 5:5 larges, guess you could bind an enpowered fire staff until you get a CCS drop.

Posted Image

Is the Urn half empty or half full?

Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

- Because a battleaxe is more difficult to use properly, it is highly recommended that all players stick to a prom 2h until they've learned proper room-clearing strategy and prioritization. Proper battleaxe usage includes consistent turmoil/piety-flashing.

I don't quite agree with this. Prayer flashing is involved in proper room clearing strategy with melee, period- a 2h is not an excuse to slack off. Battleaxe does benefit slightly more from prayer boosts than 2h, being a faster weapon, but if you're too lazy to pray flash with either you're still looking at superior raw DPS from the battleaxe. If you're room clearing properly (sticking on shades/zombies/skeles for the most part), you'll still see the battleaxe shine over a 2h regardless.

I'm not sure how primal battleaxe is harder to use, either. Both weapons just involve memorizing a monster order and sticking to it. I guess battleaxe has a little less breathing times between attacks?

Great guide, anyway! Glad to see this finally make it out of its top sekrit location. Hope we'll start seeing some people using their third binds more effectively/getting better third binds.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ErnieLoco
[ Display Name History ]

ErnieLoco

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:Ernie Loco
Nice, clear guide. I appreciate the discussion about 2h vs b ax strategies as well.

So in general you'd pair up b ax + CCS and 2h + hex. What about hex/CCS vs blood necklace/gaunts? Does the extra melee DPS of the necklace/gaunts make them worth binding over a strong second style of attack like hex or CCS?

More specifically, in my case, I've got primal b ax and CSB bound. Assuming I wouldn't get a blood necklace right away once I hit 100, would it be worth binding primal gauntlets, or should I just bind a CCS right away?

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
CCS and primal gaunts are both very good for different reasons. It's great for a team to have one CCS, annoying to have two, so we definitely don't want too many people to have a CCS in DGS. Primal gaunts and blood necks, by contrast, are ALWAYS a good thing to have.

Since CCS is also a difficult bind to use, I'd say take that if you're willing to power up blazer and blitzer rings to 10 and learn to really use it well, crafting fire runes and maging all the right stuff. If you're going to be kind of lazy about your staff, you'd be better off using primal gaunts. CCS is a bind that needs a pro to use it well, gaunts not so much. I'd take a blood neck over either, and a hex over all three.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
rapier on skeletal horde?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

rapier on skeletal horde?

Skeletal horde skeletons have zero defense. I can hex the melee skeletons with near 100% accuracy.

And Green I'll amend in the guide that prayer flashing is for battleaxes and 2hs. :P

Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
So if you have a CCS, you have both mage rings on quick-switch? Or do you just start off on Blazer and slow-switch to Blitzer later, keeping Berserker on Quick Switch?

No_one_cares
[ Display Name History ]

No_one_cares

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • RSN:xAYSx DPS
An addition to the blood neck part would be that the spec only affects monsters in combat (with the one exception of thunderous boss room mages).

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

An addition to the blood neck part would be that the spec only affects monsters in combat (with the one exception of thunderous boss room mages).

wrong

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

So if you have a CCS, you have both mage rings on quick-switch? Or do you just start off on Blazer and slow-switch to Blitzer later, keeping Berserker on Quick Switch?

Yeah, always be on mage/zerker. Just slow switch to blitzer later.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users