Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

Obtaurian

If I were to only dung with people that can effectively use 3rd binds then I wouldn't even get a 5 man team

I still don't see what your argument is.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I wouldn't recommend a plate, I do think that it should be added. I would say that I'd only even consider a primal plate as a third bind if you key basically every floor.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

If I were to only dung with people that can effectively use 3rd binds then I wouldn't even get a 5 man team

I still don't see what your argument is.

I haven't d'ged near enough yet to have an informed opinion on this. But he's claiming to argue the reality to your theory. I.E. he's saying that in an ideal world what you're saying is true, but since this isn't an ideal world, other factors may need further consideration.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I have never seen you key. I don't believe you regularily key

Earlier you were talking about increased DPS in GDs, now you're talking about keying.

I don't key, so I'll talk about when I'm DPSing with a blood neck. Food/death is rarely a problem, and assuming people attack monsters they're supposed to (like 2h on rangers, b axe on zombies, etc), the room is cleared fast enough to a point where 1 protection prayer or soul split flashing easily keep me alive.

Also, the only way for people to learn how to properly use a 3rd bind, is to actually use one....shocking I know.

You complain that people don't use 3rd binds well enough....that's more reason for them to get them, so they can get better with them. Not just cover up the fault with a piece of armor that honestly doesn't do much in a room with a mage, brutes, shades, rangers, hounds, etc.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Losing games is trolling. Thought that was obvious enough. Don't waste effort responding to him.

So you are Losing Gnomes :eek:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I see you gave me credit for the primal pickaxe.

Thanks. :thumbup:

You'll be happy to know that Mod Mark had a Q&A session on the future of Dungeoneering.

In it, Mod Mark revealed that non-rushers (aka the people that play the content not skip it) will be seeing a huge increase in xp for clearing rooms.

Its nice to know that thanks to me you will be staying ahead of the curve when the rebalance the game again in favor of the true dungeonsweepers*.

*Copyright Golvellius/Golvellius07 2010

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I see you gave me credit for the primal pickaxe.

Thanks. :thumbup:

You'll be happy to know that Mod Mark had a Q&A session on the future of Dungeoneering.

In it, Mod Mark revealed that non-rushers (aka the people that play the content not skip it) will be seeing a huge increase in xp for clearing rooms.

Its nice to know that thanks to me you will be staying ahead of the curve when the rebalance the game again in favor of the true dungeonsweepers*.

*Copyright Golvellius/Golvellius07 2010

That huge increase might just aswell work in our favor, just depends on how jagex goes about doing it. Remember, if they give dungeoneering xp for killing monsters or training skills then we will still have the edge.

Also, even right now, the very fastest dungeons do not equate to fastest possible experience, so i can't see the update changing that much.

I think there's a good possibility that an overabundance of hexes won't be as detrimental as it was. The Q&A says we WILL be able to bind multiple ammos (CSB and Sagg arrows) so the extra hexers can mage too if need be. You never know, the extra ammo bind might end up thrown in with the sagas update at the end of the month (purely speculation, but I can't see them introducing an extra full bind any time soon)

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

The most practical way to increase exp for clearing rooms is to increase the maximum positive cap of the Level Mod to several times what it is now but leave the negative cap the same (at around 20%). More precisely, the penalties for rushing would not change (so you'd still usually lose 10-15% exp bonus), but if you decided to clear stuff, you'd get up to 30 or 40% level mod instead of capping it at 10%. I would need to do some math to figure out what exactly would be a good cap, so that it provides a good incentive to spend the time clearing rooms but isn't overpowered.

td2sig.jpg

The most practical way to increase exp for clearing rooms is to increase the maximum positive cap of the Level Mod to several times what it is now but leave the negative cap the same (at around 20%). More precisely, the penalties for rushing would not change (so you'd still usually lose 10-15% exp bonus), but if you decided to clear stuff, you'd get up to 30 or 40% level mod instead of capping it at 10%. I would need to do some math to figure out what exactly would be a good cap, so that it provides a good incentive to spend the time clearing rooms but isn't overpowered.

The problem for me is that whatever they do decide should not be possible to be done quickly, otherwise it would just benefit rushers, not golvelliusers(i seriously have no idea what to even call spending 2 hours in a dungeon doing....well, something).

How about remove penalties and bonuses and all that [cabbage] and just make it a set exp per minute spent in the floor. Like conquest :D

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

How about remove penalties and bonuses and all that [cabbage] and just make it a set exp per minute spent in the floor. Like conquest :D

in other words

Start dungeon

Go AFK for a day

Come back and get 99 dung.

Awesome.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

in other words

Start dungeon

Go AFK for a day

Awesome.

You would skill in the dungeon, of course.

in other words

Start dungeon

Go AFK for a day

Awesome.

You would skill in the dungeon, of course.

Effectively the longest C2 floor ever, now with added C6 large goodness.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.